Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-21-2014, 06:18 PM

Default Whitetail deer hunting land?

Hi to all at Alberta Outdoorsman,

Are there any landowners within 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive of the Edmonton/Spruce Grove/Parkland County areas in Alberta that will allow 1 hunter to harvest a whitetail deer this rifle season (Nov/Dec 2014)? I am 50 years of age, and a retired Canadian Forces Veteran with many years of safe hunting and firearms handling experience. Hunting land is scarce in the Edmonton/Parkland areas, unless you know landowners. I have only been in Alberta for 3 years now, and miss being able to harvest a deer each year. So, if you have land with an excessive deer population, and would not mind 1 or 2 harvested from it, please consider letting me know. I will of course answer any questions you have via email, and meet with you in person first, so you can decide then on granting me permission.
Or, if there are any Veterans or still serving Members out there, who already have permission to hunt private land, and would not mind offering an invitation to hunt to a Veteran and new arrival to Alberta, please let me know.
Submitted respectfully for your consideration, Regards, CelticKnight.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:31 AM

Good luck in getting someone to grant you permission. Easier to win the lotto these days. Best bet would be to freind someone that allready has pemission. Hope you get one this year. Lots of places in the whitecourt area but then there are a lot of people that hunt that way too. I know quite a few people that can't find places that they can hunt.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticKnight View Post
Hi to all at Alberta Outdoorsman,

Are there any landowners within 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive of the Edmonton/Spruce Grove/Parkland County areas in Alberta that will allow 1 hunter to harvest a whitetail deer this rifle season (Nov/Dec 2014)? I am 50 years of age, and a retired Canadian Forces Veteran with many years of safe hunting and firearms handling experience. Hunting land is scarce in the Edmonton/Parkland areas, unless you know landowners. I have only been in Alberta for 3 years now, and miss being able to harvest a deer each year. So, if you have land with an excessive deer population, and would not mind 1 or 2 harvested from it, please consider letting me know. I will of course answer any questions you have via email, and meet with you in person first, so you can decide then on granting me permission.
Or, if there are any Veterans or still serving Members out there, who already have permission to hunt private land, and would not mind offering an invitation to hunt to a Veteran and new arrival to Alberta, please let me know.
Submitted respectfully for your consideration, Regards, CelticKnight.
I believe I can help you out sir. I'm not going after one this year. If your willing to drive two hours. Can even skin it here. Need to thin some out. Feeding more whiteys and muleys then cows it seems. Shot me a message
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy coyote View Post
I believe I can help you out sir. I'm not going after one this year. If your willing to drive two hours. Can even skin it here. Need to thin some out. Feeding more whiteys and muleys then cows it seems. Shot me a message
How are you Coy Coyote? Great to hear from you. Where are you located?
Old 09-22-2014, 11:51 AM

sent you a pm

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 09-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticKnight View Post
How are you Coy Coyote? Great to hear from you. Where are you located?
Couldn't be better. Just weaning calves. I'm in wmu 204. Two hours south.