Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 08:04 AM

Default Two Metis moose hunters

Got killed after they shot a moose and then came back to the area the next day.
Guy by the name of Bilodeau was charged with murder at Bonneville AB.
I don't know how to provide a link. I heard it on the radio yesterday morning. Surprised you guys are not talking about it.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:07 AM

2 months ago
Old 06-01-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
2 months ago
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=Bilodeau
Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 AM

Wink Shhh! We don't talk about that incident

There was lots of talk and speculation in this thread:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=378758

Haven't heard a peep about it since the new sheriff closed it down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg move along 2.jpg (35.2 KB, 413 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-01-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I don't know how to provide a link. I heard it on the radio yesterday morning. Surprised you guys are not talking about it.
Old news, the thread was beat to death and closed as a result of shall we say some not to cordial exchanges between AO members.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:16 AM

I cannot believe that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2020, 09:20 AM

Old news, and it may have nothing to do with hunting. Perhaps some day the details will be released, and we learn the facts.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Old news, and it may have nothing to do with hunting. Perhaps some day the details will be released, and we learn the facts.
Some day is probably a long way off and the facts, I think, will be a filtered version.

The OP may have heard that the accused pled "not guilty", which I think occurred last week.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:34 AM

Yeah, the media needs to lay off of the “Métis hunters killed trying to feed their family” bs. The truth will come out in court, whether or not they release it to the public is another story.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram94 View Post
Yeah, the media needs to lay off of the “Métis hunters killed trying to feed their family” bs. The truth will come out in court, whether or not they release it to the public is another story.
so what's the story sport?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
That's one of the stories.

The other is that they were in a shop illegally and were caught by family of Bilodeau, there was a fight then a shooting.

We may not ever know what really happened, this one was hushed quickly at Crown level.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-01-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrian View Post
so what's the story sport?
Take a hike banned returnee, er I mean sport.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:49 AM

Was calving two months ago. Sorry this was the first I've heard of it thanks for the links.
I've got some reading to do.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Take a hike banned returnee, er I mean sport.
Lol!

Two innocent Métis sustenance hunters get gunned down on a country road while hunting after dark to feed their family..... who actually believes that’s what went down? First off, covid 19 literally just hit Canada, one fella was a heavy duty mechanic who just got laid off, along with literally thousands of other oilfield workers who lost their jobs and have to feed their families but don’t have the luxury of hunting 24/7/365. The media was spinning that story pretty hard until there was an arrest and more of the story started to come out. The wheels kinda flew off the media train pretty quick, then radio silence. I know there’s a whole lot more to this story, I think the facts will come out and things will make sense. Unless this is a case of a farming family turned into a bunch of deranged serial killers who hunt people in the rural backwoods of Alberta, there is way more to this story.

Obviously none of us were there, but 99% of the time if things don’t make sense it’s because you don’t know the facts. It’s way easier to believe there’s way more to this story than how the media first reported this.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Lol!

Two innocent Métis sustenance hunters get gunned down on a country road while hunting after dark to feed their family..... who actually believes that’s what went down? First off, covid 19 literally just hit Canada, one fella was a heavy duty mechanic who just got laid off, along with literally thousands of other oilfield workers who lost their jobs and have to feed their families but don’t have the luxury of hunting 24/7/365. The media was spinning that story pretty hard until there was an arrest and more of the story started to come out. The wheels kinda flew off the media train pretty quick, then radio silence. I know there’s a whole lot more to this story, I think the facts will come out and things will make sense. Unless this is a case of a farming family turned into a bunch of deranged serial killers who hunt people in the rural backwoods of Alberta, there is way more to this story.

Obviously none of us were there, but 99% of the time if things don’t make sense it’s because you don’t know the facts. It’s way easier to believe there’s way more to this story than how the media first reported this.
The word "deranged" is actually very fitting.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:01 PM

The real story is well known. The media is NOT going to cover this because it doesn't fit the narrative. Hunting had ZERO to do with what happened.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:05 PM

One thing you won’t get is non natives in the bonnyville area discussing this on FB. Instant death threats, That’s the part that gets to me. The truth probably won’t come out.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The real story is well known. The media is NOT going to cover this because it doesn't fit the narrative. Hunting had ZERO to do with what happened.
Do we have it reported somewhere?
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM

Question. Does Canada not have a “Freedom of Information act” like we have down here?

Osky
Old 06-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
Question. Does Canada not have a “Freedom of Information act” like we have down here?

Osky
Yes we do although it varies from province to province. Alberta's FOIA is not great but most of the problems are related to government accountability rather than this scenario.

In this situation the case is pending before the courts so the crown (DA) is going to talk to the defense about the evidence they need to disclose and that's about it. Once the case is before the court the information is public. After that happens in my experience business wise it's actually more difficult to keep a matter wrapped up here than it is in the US.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Thanks Midge....
Ours is much the same however in cases before the court unless a judge independently seals all info pertaining to that case, it all opens up once charges are filed.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 06-01-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:19 PM

It seems like they like to keep some cases quiet. This just makes it worse because then all we have to go by are gossip. Rural shootings I believe are our business.
I live rural. Police are not part of the community.
Perception is they are not going to help anyone. I would be half scared to be seen talking to the police. I mean just to say hi or something. People would probabally start rummers.
I don't know why they seem tothink rural crime is giving farmers seat belt tickets?
Its friggen sad for everybody involved in this shooting. Even the guy that did it for whatever reason.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:39 PM

Be curious to hear the full story when this is all over

The way the media came out guns a blazing and went completely silent makes me wonder how far off their original story was
Old 06-01-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Be curious to hear the full story when this is all over

The way the media came out guns a blazing and went completely silent makes me wonder how far off their original story was
If that farmer was in the wrong I'm guessing we will hear all about it.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:41 PM

Since the victims had at least a few ounces of aboriginal blood in them you can rest assured that regardless of why the shooting occurred or what the outcome is our beloved Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is already penning any apology letter on behalf of all Canadiens.

Remember, it wasn’t too long ago when Prime Minister Trudeau said “We must do better” after the not verdict came in and the jury found Gerald Stanley not guilty in the shooting death of Colten Boushie, a 22-year-old Cree member of the Red Pheasant First Nation in Saskatchewan.

We should all just get used to the fact that depending on a person’s skin colour there are a different set of rules by which a person should conduct themselves and our Federal government is directly to blame for this.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:48 PM

I would like the media to say what lead up to the shooting but we all know that will never happen, they were just out hunting trying to feed there family's. BS.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Since the victims had at least a few ounces of aboriginal blood in them you can rest assured that regardless of why the shooting occurred or what the outcome is our beloved Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is already penning any apology letter on behalf of all Canadiens.

Remember, it wasn’t too long ago when Prime Minister Trudeau said “We must do better” after the not verdict came in and the jury found Gerald Stanley not guilty in the shooting death of Colten Boushie, a 22-year-old Cree member of the Red Pheasant First Nation in Saskatchewan.

We should all just get used to the fact that depending on a person’s skin colour there are a different set of rules by which a person should conduct themselves and our Federal government is directly to blame for this.
Quoted for truth.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:29 PM

This was a family member of people close to us. As much as we have heard lots of information no one is silly enough to discuss openly. All ill say is there is a lot of potentially slanderous comments in the first thread.

If your going to drag someones name in the mud with rumors and hearsay you may be held accountable for them.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Whats the real story. Please share for us.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Whatever happened, lives are ruined and lost again. I'm not going to speculate, and don't expect to ever hear the details. Maybe it comes out. Maybe not.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...-f81156a62cd1/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Closed Thread