Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Agree with post 88 on the accused,

I had one dealing with Roger it wasn’t great found him different & so not at all surprised he’s in on this according to the press report
The more that’s coming out, the more it sounds like the two sitting in jail ought to be sitting in there until they can push daisies. There is another member on the forum I was talking to and he had a run in with Roger and his opinion mirrors yours. I’ll admit I was probably way off on this one, I hope we find out more to make sense of this.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I have spoke to two separate people, both from the community, regarding this incident. One that has lived down the road from the scene his whole life, and knows the family very well. Both expressly denied the early reports of the deceased shooting animals on the accused land, and/or trespassing on their land.

It will come out in court, and until then, it's just idle speculation, but I do not think this is a Gerald Stanley - Colten Boushie Part II. From both conversations, my takeaway was that the deceased were well known in the community, but not for anything bad. The two accused did not seem to have as good a reputation.

That’s where I’m leaning as well currently.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:42 AM

There’s always three sides to a story.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Unfortunately one side can't tell theirs.

It's sad that many here jumped to conclusions.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post

Yeah I think we have a case of a real wing nut racist landowner. Just my opinion..
Old 06-17-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
And the average isn't necessarily right.

Grizz
Old 06-17-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yeah I think we have a case of a real wing nut racist landowner. Just my opinion..
You may be right with the racist assessment. I would add to that the legitimate problem of farmers being on edge due to rural crime. I don't say that to justify in any way their actions, only to say that many people who live in the country are totally on edge, and rightfully so. To think this did not add fuel to an existing fire would be naive.

In any event, two men lost their lives and kids are orphaned. Sad.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:34 AM

Guys, this had zero to do with Racism. The Bilodeau’s have native cousins and they are 100% not a racist family. I don’t know what happened any more than the next guy as I wasn’t there, but I do know the Bilodeau’s and for this to have happened the way that it did, I know there is more to the story and some sh*t went down. Quit with the racism BS. It’s a media fabricated angle and it’s not helping anybody, white/brown/black/yellow/green....two men are dead, that’s tragic no matter the colour.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram94 View Post
Guys, this had zero to do with Racism. The Bilodeau’s have native cousins and they are 100% not a racist family. I don’t know what happened any more than the next guy as I wasn’t there, but I do know the Bilodeau’s and for this to have happened the way that it did, I know there is more to the story and some sh*t went down. Quit with the racism BS. It’s a media fabricated angle and it’s not helping anybody, white/brown/black/yellow/green....two men are dead, that’s tragic no matter the colour.
I have lots of cousins I have no use for. So what.

So if it wasn't stealing, trespassing or poaching, maybe both the Bilodeau's thought the deceased were driving too fast, so they shot em. Yep.

This is a forum. People can express whatever view they like as long as it doesn't break forum rules.

And we have a swear filter for a reason. If you can't type it without adding characters, then don't type it.

Last edited by sns2; 06-17-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:21 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
here we go...stop watching the news and jumping on that bandwagon....as indicated in another post....more to follow...we, you, us know nothing....nothing.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-17-2020, 09:22 AM

Default Two Metis moose hunters

Quote:
I have lots of cousins I have no use for. So what.

This is a forum. People can express whatever view they like as long as it doesn't break forum rules.

That’s fair. I’m expressing mine.

They are very close with theirs and get along great. Stood in each other’s weddings.

This racism agenda lately is doing nothing but dividing people. We should be banding together as human beings, not pulling the race card every chance we get.

And sorry to hear about your family problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:

They are very close with theirs and get along great. Stood in each other’s weddings.

This racism agenda lately is doing nothing but dividing people. We should be banding together as human beings, not pulling the race card every chance we get.

Agreed nicely said
Old 06-17-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:

This is a very sad situation for sure the racism card is getting out of hand. As soon as a white person commits a crime against another ethnic group it’s immediately racist. Something happened in this situation and two people died in my opinion I doubt they were just out for a drive but only time and court will tell what happened.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Agreed! Roger pretty much treated those native boys like they were his own, him and his family are far from racist. Hopefully the actual facts of the incident are brought to light soon so the media and people playing the racism card can be put to bed.....
Old 06-17-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
So if it wasn't stealing, trespassing or poaching, maybe both the Bilodeau's thought the deceased were driving too fast, so they shot em. Yep.
Maybe. Sounds a bit far fetched though.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
here we go...stop watching the news and jumping on that bandwagon....as indicated in another post....more to follow...we, you, us know nothing....nothing.
Just spit balling is all. I’m sure there is a very good justifiable reason those two are dead now. (Insert eye roll)

I guess it’s best to not comment or insinuate until the trial and all facts have been presented as it is a very very sad and controversial event. I totally understand that landowners are on edge. I get that. I just don’t see the two fellas that were gun downed as the thieving type while the community rallies around them both. But the community isn’t really rallying around the accused.

Last edited by 1899b; 06-17-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:00 PM

We have CBC type media that most dont trust.
Police and courts who want to show and prove how political correct they are.
Rural crime and frustrated people.
I'm sure a lot of us have crazy land owner stories. I have one.
There are so many things that could have happened that I dont have a clue what to believe.
I hate to speculate because innocent victims could be hurt by it.
Its weird how only one side is talking.
This should be made public after the trial but they tend to keep certain things quiet which just adds mistrust and speculation.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Just spit balling is all. I’m sure there is a very good justifiable reason those two are dead now. (Insert eye roll)

I guess it’s best to not comment or insinuate until the trial and all facts have been presented as it is a very very sad and controversial event. I totally understand that landowners are on edge. I get that. I just don’t see the two fellas that were gun downed as the thieving type while the community rallies around them both. But the community isn’t really rallying around the accused.
The public rallying doesn't mean much if you look at other cases in media.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 PM

I don’t know what happened but, I do know if I saw my father who is a rancher in Saskatchewan getting beat on by two guys of any color I would start shooting too, wouldn’t really care why they were beating on the old man. I just hope the courts will be fair and justice is served.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^yup^^^^^^^^^^^^

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
I don’t know what happened but, I do know if I saw my father who is a rancher in Saskatchewan getting beat on by two guys of any color I would start shooting too, wouldn’t really care why they were beating on the old man. I just hope the courts will be fair and justice is served.
I've had similar thoughts as I have been reading the thread.

Whatever leading up to the altercation is a red herring whether it be trespassing, hunting or just minding their own business.

It's the altercation that matters. There are instances where the use of deadly force is justified and who knows if it was or wasn't in this case?
Old 06-17-2020, 01:17 PM

The biggest problem is obvious. There were 4 participants. 2 are dead and can not testify. The 2 alive can say whatever they want, there is nobody to prove them wrong.
Facts? Maybe with truth serum or under hypnosis.
We will (maybe) hear 1 side of the story if there is not a media ban.
The Crown will have to prove their guilt without a shadow of a doubt which is extremely difficult when their witnesses cannot speak.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-17-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe. Sounds a bit far fetched though.
That was tongue in cheek
Old 06-17-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
That was tongue in cheek

Lol yeah, I caught that.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:41 PM

There were actually five people involved. The two victims in one vehicle, the rancher and his 15 year old son in another and then the rancher’s 31 year old son in the third vehicle. There is also supposed to be a video surveillance tape of the event from the nearby facility where it all played out.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:24 PM

Back in the news on Global. Accused in court this Thursday.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:38 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-14-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Back in the news on Global. Accused in court this Thursday.
Next time you should make your post on Friday.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:57 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/7177931/g...metis-hunters/

Article about the family hearing or reading a lot of racist people accusing the metis hunters for committing a crime. The police are on record in this article saying there were no crimes being committed.

Surprised this forum wasnt pointed out. The first thread after this happened had a lot of know it alls claiming there were crimes being committed by the metis hunters.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/7177931/g...metis-hunters/

Article about the family hearing or reading a lot of racist people accusing the metis hunters for committing a crime. The police are on record in this article saying there were no crimes being committed.

Surprised this forum wasnt pointed out. The first thread after this happened had a lot of know it alls claiming there were crimes being committed by the metis hunters.
If this had involved 4 white men, or even 4 Métis, the same speculation would be expressed. Because the individuals were Métis it suddenly becomes a race issue? The RCMP says no. I think that the same speculation and rumours would have occurred despite anyone’s race.

This stood out in the article in the link that you provided:

“Sansom started the jiu-jitsu club in Bonnyville, even acting as the first trainer for Tanner Boser.

Now an MMA fighter, Boser dedicated a recent fight in Las Vegas to Sansom. The underdog knocked out Philipe Lins in the first round.”

Didn’t the initial encounter involve the 57 year old Dad vs the two individuals, one an experienced jiu-jitsu trainer, and when the Son arrived the shooting occurred?

Asking for a friend.
Closed Thread