Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-05-2016, 08:09 AM

I really think the main issue here is a gummed up firing pin
Derplyvset primers , hard cups and anvils and anything else is overthinking tge issue in a newer gun for the most part .
I have taken down your different titles this year alone that were gummed up from oil inside the bolt bodies and they worked fine after .

Some were using factory ammo and some were hand loads but the culprit in every instance was oil or grease in the bolt body .

In fact I can't remember over the years an instance in cold weather where excess lube in the bolt/ trigger area was not the problem except in a couple where the rifle iced up - new or old rifles .
Cat
Old 12-05-2016, 01:05 PM

Default Tikka T3

Check: Siper'shide.com Tikka T3 thread pages 13-15 deals with this issue really well!
A little polishing in the right place.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Update!

Guys I found the problem! Not wanting to slander the Sako/tikka name I have found the cause to my misfortune! It was my rear action screw!!! Arrrrg!

The rear action screw had a small burr on the end of the threads. The firing pin slides right over top of said action screw. I realized my issue and quickly filed down the action screw and deburred the threads.

Note: I noticed something was wrong when I put the stock back on and torqued my screws to 45in/lbs, and the bolt was dragging.(never happened to this rifle ever). So I checked to see which bolt it was and found out it was the rear screw.

All my issues are fixed now i believe. But I have not fired it yet to confirm but my gut instinct say she's good!! Whew what a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJeep View Post
Update!

Guys I found the problem! Not wanting to slander the Sako/tikka name I have found the cause to my misfortune! It was my rear action screw!!! Arrrrg!

The rear action screw had a small burr on the end of the threads. The firing pin slides right over top of said action screw. I realized my issue and quickly filed down the action screw and deburred the threads.

Note: I noticed something was wrong when I put the stock back on and torqued my screws to 45in/lbs, and the bolt was dragging.(never happened to this rifle ever). So I checked to see which bolt it was and found out it was the rear screw.

All my issues are fixed now i believe. But I have not fired it yet to confirm but my gut instinct say she's good!! Whew what a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you found it and the solution was simple.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:33 PM

I use a light spray of moly lube for bolt internals. Works great no clicks yet...
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 PM

I use silicone spray. Anyone have any problems with this spray?