Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-13-2016, 05:25 PM

Default Chiappa 22 lever action break down

Hey just wondering if anyone has any info on this gun? I've never heard of it but it caught my eye. How much is it worth? Is the quality there to last and hand it down to grandkids?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:13 PM

I looked at one the other day, it was the color case hardened model which is very colorful, I seem to recall it was around $500. It appears to be a copy of a Marlin lever 22 and is nicely finished. Chiappa does a pretty good job, I have one of their Kodiaks which is a copy of an 1886 Winchester in 45-70 and I'm very happy with it.
The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was the front sight post was pretty wide for my taste but I think it would be a pretty good gun.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:46 PM

I bought one the takedown is neat its like a marlin i guess. It was expensive o er 500 dollars. The fake colour case hardening looks like bubble gum. After maybe 30 rounds it started spitting particles in my face from split cases. I always wear glasses and was unhurt. The front site is some kind of one piece cheap barrel band thing you would not expect on a rifle that price. The rear sight i replaced right away it was a poor shape somehow but now i forget why. In some ways its nice but overall i would say its crap at half the price. I sent it away to get fixed on warranty at murray somebodys in bc it took over a year to get back in the meantime i boubht a henry a bit cheaper and much better gun. My chiappa now sits i dont know what to do with it although it shoots fine now. The insides are a neat design. The sear is so soft i wrecked it with a few stroke on a stone then re angled and got a good trigger pull just like that .i had never done that withe a lever action trigger before im pretty sure other manufacturers arent making their triggers like soapstone. This gun is not a genuine and followed up effort to make a quality gun.also, the reciever is made of zytel or zinkette or something i forget what, plenty durable i think but the colour treatment is a laugh. I just remembered the rear sight had radiused corners at the top of the notch just to make it less accurate, it was just too stupid

Last edited by marxman; 12-14-2016 at 11:13 PM.