Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Southgate is one of the top 5 mall in Canada for sales per sq ft.
The traffic volume is right up there.
It’s also right beside the LRT station (probably what brought the dirt bags there).....wasn’t there a recent issue with a gang working the LRT???.....what was the name of THAT gang???? The one that complained (used race excuse) about having police deal with them finally.
Bingo!
Old 04-22-2018, 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=brslk;3774447]He needs healing... Must be someone else fault for him turning out the way he did.

Should be treated like a rabid dog.[/QUOT
That might get you elected to the PMs office. Or at least a selfie with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 04-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Sad no one stepped in. In this day and age people are being taught to mind their own business, let the authorities handle it etc. People are becoming taught to become increasingly docile and subservient and just to rely on the authorities for everything.

I hope this little POS gets what is due to him.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-22-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Sad no one stepped in. In this day and age people are being taught to mind their own business, let the authorities handle it etc. People are becoming taught to become increasingly docile and subservient and just to rely on the authorities for everything.

What is even worse is when the official line for the police is to not get involved. Of course I agree that they should warn the public of the dangers of such actions and I think such warnings are more from the police dept legal/liability dept than from front line officers. I'll make allow aces to that when the offenders are particularly violent or known to be armed and willing. Some people are best off not intervening, but most who are physically up to it and/or have the advantage of numbers would be fine in doing so. The police warnings to the public always completely disregard the powers of citizens arrest that each and every one of us have the LEGAL RIGHT to undertake. I not only think of it as a right, but we should all think of it as a responsibility too. Imagine how crime would reduce if criminals learned that the majority of the population simply won't be complacent & passive to their bad behaviour?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post

You get involved, knock the punks teeth out then get charged with assault causing bodily harm. The injustice system is a shield of protection. Too bad it's set up to protect the criminals, you can thank lawyers and stupid for that.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:53 PM

Default Bats for shop keepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You get involved, knock the punks teeth out then get charged with assault causing bodily harm. The injustice system is a shield of protection. Too bad it's set up to protect the criminals, you can thank lawyers and stupid for that.
^^^^this^^^^

However every shop keeper should have a 36 ounce 42 inch long Louisville Slugger or an Easton aluminum bat behind the counter. Busy some ribs a leg maybe an arm.

With the recent case in Saskatchewan and the fellow in south of Calgary it’s time we took care of these thugs. Good people standing up for good people will win every time.

Get after your MLA your MP demand change from them. Mine both got an email over this incident.

BW
Old 04-23-2018, 10:29 AM

Default Got him

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...iche-1.4631395
Old 04-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
And now it will cost the taxpayers to try him and house and feed him, until he is let out to continue his life of crime. And then the cycle will continue. Too bad he didn't resist arrest.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-23-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
^^^^this^^^^

However every shop keeper should have a 36 ounce 42 inch long Louisville Slugger or an Easton aluminum bat behind the counter. Busy some ribs a leg maybe an arm.

With the recent case in Saskatchewan and the fellow in south of Calgary it’s time we took care of these thugs. Good people standing up for good people will win every time.

Get after your MLA your MP demand change from them. Mine both got an email over this incident.

BW
I know I'll get trashed here...but this is what results when, as many here have suggested in the past, you confront the guy stealing your stuff.
In a mall such as Southgate it is mandatory that you have insurance...so the theft would have been covered by insurance. And when you confront the bad guys...real bad things can happen.
Yup...you can carry that Louisville Slugger...and then if the thief pulls out a handgun you are, as this unfortunate fellow...dead. And your family doesn't have a husband or father.
If your life is at risk that's one thing...but getting all 'bad assed' over a couple hundred bucks in the till...or your your 10 year old pickup...I wonder if the victim would do the same thing over if he had the chance.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I know I'll get trashed here...but this is what results when, as many here have suggested in the past, you confront the guy stealing your stuff.
In a mall such as Southgate it is mandatory that you have insurance...so the theft would have been covered by insurance. And when you confront the bad guys...real bad things can happen.
Yup...you can carry that Louisville Slugger...and then if the thief pulls out a handgun you are, as this unfortunate fellow...dead. And your family doesn't have a husband or father.
If your life is at risk that's one thing...but getting all 'bad assed' over a couple hundred bucks in the till...or your your 10 year old pickup...I wonder if the victim would do the same thing over if he had the chance.
I agree losing your life over something so small might not make sense after the fact, but for some of us it’s instinct to help when someone is in need. On several occasions in my life I have stepped in and helped someone in trouble, whether it’s getting bullied, broken down on the side of the road or in physical danger from a drunk a-hole etc.. And yes there were times where I thought to myself why the hell did I do that but I would not be able to live with myself if I knew I could have helped someone and I didn’t.

Last edited by 223MB; 04-23-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
I agree losing your life over something so small might not make sense after the fact, but for some of us it’s instinct to help when someone is in need. On several occasions in my life I have stepped in and helped someone in trouble, whether it’s getting bullied, broken down on the side of the road or in physical danger from a drunk a-hole etc.. And yes there were times where I thought to myself why the hell did I do that but I would not be able to live with myself if I knew I could have helped someone and I didn’t.
As I stated...if I was threatened...or someone else was being threatened that is a not the same as putting your life in danger over 'stuff'. We have a store that was right by the incident...the perps here never threatened anyone...it was a matter of opportunity...a till that was not attended and they ran off with it.
So this poor guy lost his life defending a chunk of steel with a bit of cash in it.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Yup^^

But you can also strike a lot of "soft" targets that hurt like hell and don't leave much for marks and the police won't charge you.

I won't say how I know this.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
I agree.