Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

Default Perch fishing in the Edmonton Area.

Hey all!

I am currently looking for a spot to catch some KEEPER perch.

I have been to a few lakes lately and they all were SO SMALL.

I have been to mons, and spring. Anyone fish there, maybe i am doing something wrong, but the biggin's just are not interested, and most are so small.

I do not mind driving a few hours, but would like to find something closer if it exsists.

Any nice perch lakes whithin the Edmonton/2 hours from area would be appreciated.

As well, I am always looking for a good trip fishing if anyone enjoys/wants the company..I have everything a guy could need, and love my fishing!!

Good luck all
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Drewski Canuck

Try Mink Lake, just north of Jackfish Lake. Years past it was a factory, and no one has hit it in years. This lake does not winterkill as it is about 35 feet deep. Some small perch, some big ones.

Drewski
Old 02-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

thanks for the reply, I drove up to it the other day, the only way to get on it was through a private road.

Do you know, can a guy get on it another way, do you have to walk on?

Thanks

Ryan
Old 02-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

well

101 , not a reply...think this forum is C&R for me.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 PM
dakota69

Before I moved to Calgary, I used to fish Baptiste for awsome perch. East side 100yards out from a very prominant spruce tree. Buck used to be good, Calling and Lac Sante (I think that was the name) used to produce lots of Jumbo's that looked like footballs in early to late march.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Old 02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Brock1

fawcett has been off and on for humpies the last couple of years, but certainly worth a try. deep water, 18 -25 ft on some structure is usually good. and if the perch aren't on, morning and evening walleye are always awesome in 5 - 10 ft of water in small bays off of structure. north side of lake about half way down there are a series of bays. one which is probably the largest on the n side is great at both points about 100 150 yards out. like I said 18 to 25 ft deep. small five of diamonds with a few maggots worked awesome before. good luck. B.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:51 AM
kanonfodder

Give Beaver a try, gotta trailer up there and the perch have been making a comeback it seems, although I haven't tried em thru the ice yet ......
Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

thanks alot guys.

I think this weekend I will head to beaver. bit of a drive, but I wantthem fishes!!!

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
dakota69

Ryan,

I'll second Fawcett. Our family had a spot there from 1980 to 1992. The perch were always good back then. The walleye were best in the bays. Not sure if there is still a store and camp site on the east end but the aisle just out from the old cabins will give you tons of diffferent depths. Shallow on the North and a huge hole on the South then off 100yards east 5-10 feet for awsome walleye and good pike. Times may change but the structure will still remain.

Cheers,
Pat
Old 02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
jigajo

if your lookin for a fishin partner i'd be happy to join ya i just moved to edmonton and was lookin for some perch action as well
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

Sounds good, sent you a message.

Would be good to get another person out there with me, I have a few commitments but am on vacation for the next 21 days.

Ryan