Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
This thread is awesome Now you can tell who is a cowboy, Indian, Chinese, Filipino or Euro trash, not to forget the redneck trailer trash...

Good on you boys!
You have offended everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUo4aFdvEc
Old 08-22-2009, 08:57 AM
gitrdun

Too bad that the OP wasn't able to download the pictures that he took before turning over his memory stick to the authorities. Then he could have posted the pictures and wouldn't have to offend all the over sensitive politically correct do-gooders.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Default Right on..

LET'S CALL A SPADE...A SHOVEL...I MEAN THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE..TIME TO QUIT WALTZING AROUND THE DO GOODERS AND PC AZZ HOLES !
Old 08-22-2009, 09:18 AM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFisherman View Post
unforitley i gave the memory stick ( out of my camera) to the officer.. he said it will be returned,, ( did not say when tho

those guys (if/when) get caught, i hope they will think twice about ,.. 1. poaching, 2. p**ing off a red head lol!!
I do hope that when you get your memory stick back, it won't be erased or formatted. Then I'd post the pictures and give them the same publicity that the "duck poachers" got.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Bear View Post
huh chemo saubee things getting heap big nasty!

Maybe be careful "They Call Him Bruce"

if you are old enough to remember the movie that would be funny

LMAO... yes even old enough to forget it. Thanks for the reminder and the heads up. Got me thinking twice now.

On that note this thread should be locked, before happy hour ends
Old 08-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
I just don't get you bruce, are you drunk when you come on here and post...take it for what it is. Your crying racism for a guy that calls 4 asians-4 asians. And between this last post and what 3 or 4 on the dolberg thread your slamming natives for what is their legal rights. Who is the racist here???It may not be fair or right for that matter, but it is their legal right. It seems like on both poaching threads you seem to defend the poachers. Let it go your really starting to come across as a dumb a55. Sorry but someone had to tell you. Just let it go. By chance were you one of the four "GUYS"???
First of all i wasnt drunk, second no i wasnt one of the asians, third i have a reason to dislike the native rights bs. I used to live near a lake as a kid day in and day out i would fish my qouta and go home then eat it up. As i fished i noticed that there were boats out of the lake netting the fish on a daily basis. 7 years later i went back there in the spring and not a single jump. I asked the locals and they told me it was due to the over fishing by the natives they had almost fished out all the fish. So you tell me i dont have a right to complain. YOu people talk about the next generation. So you are saying as long as the natives make the species extinct its ok alright ill follow that rule
Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
First of all i wasnt drunk, second no i wasnt one of the asians, third i have a reason to dislike the native rights bs. I used to live near a lake as a kid day in and day out i would fish my qouta and go home then eat it up. As i fished i noticed that there were boats out of the lake netting the fish on a daily basis. 7 years later i went back there in the spring and not a single jump. I asked the locals and they told me it was due to the over fishing by the natives they had almost fished out all the fish. So you tell me i dont have a right to complain. YOu people talk about the next generation. So you are saying as long as the natives make the species extinct its ok alright ill follow that rule
Hi bruce, well i am sure 99.9% of this board agree with you and i can definetly understand your frustration. My buddies and i fish a lake up north, it is a quad in lake and the access is tough to get into. Alot of people wouldn't put in the amout of work that it takes to get into this lake. But once in it is like a little peice of heaven on earth. The fishing is awesome, it has been an annual trip we did for the last 13years. A few years ago a native band was awarded in some dispute 300million and a huge land claim. The lake we fished was in this land claim, and the bands first order of business was to close this lake for the sportsman to preserve it for their future generations. There was an article in the paper that the F&W would not close it due to the fact that they never did test or surveys on it for awhile and will not close it. Well two months later new regs come out and it was closed.

In that 13years that we went, we have never seen a native on there netting or sport fishing for that matter.

Is it fair is it an equal playing feild, of course not, but the bottom line is there is nothing you or i can do to change that. It is government, and if they ever fought it, it would be an on going battle that would NEVER be resolved.

I think the regulation's is what need to be looked at, we are taking too many spawning fish. Oh and sorry for calling you a drunk,lol
Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 AM

yet another string of fine posting in AlbertaOutdoorsmen.ca. Way to go boys and girls.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 AM

First of all,what does pcr stand for? secondly, if someone is doing wrong on the water\dock, all you can do is alert the authorities; give them a description, and continue on with your day. These "fish bandits" are going to do what they want. I dont like it either, but why spend your valuable fishing time sweating what the other people are doing.
Lastly a comment on the race issue. Never play the race card. No race is perfect. If someone is poaching call that person a poacher. dont resort to ethnic slurs. thats low end.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
First of all,what does pcr stand for? secondly, if someone is doing wrong on the water\dock, all you can do is alert the authorities; give them a description, and continue on with your day. These "fish bandits" are going to do what they want. I dont like it either, but why spend your valuable fishing time sweating what the other people are doing.
Lastly a comment on the race issue. Never play the race card. No race is perfect. If someone is poaching call that person a poacher. dont resort to ethnic slurs. thats low end.
Yeah i agree with you but what really bothers me and most people is when the line between poaching and legal fishing is decided on skin color isnt that racism
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM

Any crucial identity information must be delivered to all interested parties, in the best interests of eliminating poaching from our sport.

Cultural beliefs will always be a point of contention for each other, but when someone gives me hell for informing them that they are poaching, it does not matter what color they are. Poachers come in all colors and sizes, and I am not one to have them determine what my actions will be when it comes to them breaking the law.

For instance:

New Zealand is a country on the other side of the planet, with VERY different views in regards to hunting and fishing. Most of the species that are hunted in New Zealand are illegally introduced, and are hunted as pests. Without licenses, or seasons, people are free to take what they can, with few obstructions.

The problem I have, (which I am not alone), is the assumption that these beliefs are applicable anywhere. Race aside, this is a behavior, most certainly inbred as a product of ones surroundings. Ignorance will be their undoing, and if I can expedite this scum to the authorities, your damn right I will.

I know what my observations are, and the consistencies which have developed within.

MY problem is the abuse of OUR system, by those who believe it does not pertain to them. I am not about to spill my beliefs online, of apparent cultural differences when it comes to OUR land and water. But you can rest assured; If I come across them myself, and they act towards myself or others with aggression, they better be more passionate about their poaching beliefs than I am of "informing" them of their misconduct.

Last edited by The Fisherman Guy; 08-24-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Default racism comment

OK guys this is not about racism. White folk, Chinese, etc have all been caught poaching over time. My last run in with the fish police at PCR even mentioned that the Chinese were one of the most common offenders of taking walleyes out of southern Alberta waters and they try to watch them closely as it is not uncommon to find them with poached fish more than many of the others.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 AM

As some of you know now from the AO gathering, I'm also Chinese (although almost 100% Calgarian) and I have to say that there are many Chinese that give our race a really bad image poaching. I don't fully understand why it is, maybe it's cause I wasn't brought up in China, but their attitude is that fishing is a means to put food on your table and laws shouldn't apply when you are feeding your family. I've noticed the same correlation from people coming from poor areas in Eastern Europe but they do not stand out as much since they are white, but they are still poachers.

The fact that they are in Canada now and not living in a mud hut eeking out an existance doesn't seem to sink in and it angers me to no end that they have no respect for the environment in Canada. I fully understand where the racism comes in and to be honest whenever I see an oriental fishing, I sometimes think poacher too (and sadly a lot of the times I'm right).

I hope that someday the stereotype disappears but lets just keep up calling RAP on any poachers. I never took any racial offense from the first post so I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. I see Russians and Ukrainians poaching sometimes and I call it like that to RAP, they need all the info they can.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM

Good post slingshotz
Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Lol next time I see a white dude poaching I'm gonna make sure and call him a trailer trash honkey red neck on this board and I am 100% sure that not a single person on this board will object. I'm an admitted trailer trash honkey red neck myself and I couldnt care less if you said it, so the rest of you with ethnicaly diverse backgrounds can suck it up. Dont apologise for a thing Red Head.

M sawyer had a post a little while back where some guys were shooting gophers out of a truck down range of him. I believe he called them "yokels" or somthing like that and sugested they came from the shallow end of the gene pool. Not a single white guy was offended in the least.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Talking Put a poacher on a stringer

Good call whoever said POST IT on AOF. Tons of us fish there, and I'm sure we could stick em on their own stringers, until the FC gets there.

FC usually is on that **** pretty fast, RCMP could care less, so call the FC's direct next time.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Good posts in this thread.

Keep up the good work on reporting idiots like these guys: no matter what the color of their skin/ sex/nationality/religious beliefs, the law is the law and it was meant to be followed by everyone.

A Good Friend told me,
Wind from the East fish bite the least, Wind from the West fish bite the best...
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
As some of you know now from the AO gathering, I'm also Chinese (although almost 100% Calgarian) and I have to say that there are many Chinese that give our race a really bad image poaching. I don't fully understand why it is, maybe it's cause I wasn't brought up in China, but their attitude is that fishing is a means to put food on your table and laws shouldn't apply when you are feeding your family. I've noticed the same correlation from people coming from poor areas in Eastern Europe but they do not stand out as much since they are white, but they are still poachers.

The fact that they are in Canada now and not living in a mud hut eeking out an existance doesn't seem to sink in and it angers me to no end that they have no respect for the environment in Canada. I fully understand where the racism comes in and to be honest whenever I see an oriental fishing, I sometimes think poacher too (and sadly a lot of the times I'm right).

I hope that someday the stereotype disappears but lets just keep up calling RAP on any poachers. I never took any racial offense from the first post so I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. I see Russians and Ukrainians poaching sometimes and I call it like that to RAP, they need all the info they can.
Some people get offended by EVERYTHING, i'm glad you have a head on your shoulders and dont pretend you have no idea about the rules....do ya miss the creek yet??lol
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 PM

EXCELLENT posts Slingshots and TFG! You both understand what so many other either have, or are missing compleatly.........

THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF RACE, IT IS AN ISSUE OF CULTURE!

Traditions can take generations to alter, and with fairly limited enforcement resources I forsee no quick and easy answers here, other than making public the issue.

However, as always, that leads to the usual volley of people willing to scream racism at the top of their lungs. Sadly, what the community is lacking (as are far too many others) is internal leadership and direction. Adding to the problem is when our official policy of 'Multiculturism' tells cultures that they do NOT need to adapt, and are encouraged to retain their societal mores. Thus, we have poaching occuring nationwide via a number of different cultures. It's not racism, it's fact.

Hopefully, by raising awareness of issues through having the courage to withstand the barrage from those who 'know better', we can affect change and promote leadership within these communities. Hopefully..........

Tree
Old 08-24-2009, 10:39 PM

Who gives a crap if the person is white , black , pink , purple , green , orange . I don't think the post was intended to be racist . But some folks on this forum need to differ from Actual life and the Internet . I at one time was a nut case about everything I read on here . Granted its about actual real life reports . Keep reporting these guys . Ive seen plenty of people poaching and report it every single time , with the description of the people involved , details about the Violation , License plate , time , location , etc etc . It doesnt matter if its Asians , White guys , colored people whatever . Its only a color of skin other wise were all people . Some of you need to just Chin up and take it as it is . Not to sure if you've ever filled out a police report , Maybe we could get Huntin stuff to post a picture of what it states . I will look for some of my old Police reports and post this if he cant , or doesnt read this . It clearly says country of origin . So saying someone was Chinese , or Asian isn't being racist . And if you've ever been out you do see lots of Asians , and middle Easterner's poaching , also lots of Ukrainians and pollards or whatever you call em It doesnt matter the color or race. I'm not being racist im being actual life . I guess if you classify me as a racist better get off your high horse and say it to my face not across the computer . God im sick in tired of the same old crying and sniveling . Law breakers should be punished , no matter what , sex , age , race , etc . A crimnal is a crimnal .
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Who gives a crap if the person is white , black , pink , purple , green , orange . I don't think the post was intended to be racist . But some folks on this forum need to differ from Actual life and the Internet . I at one time was a nut case about everything I read on here . Granted its about actual real life reports . Keep reporting these guys . Ive seen plenty of people poaching and report it every single time , with the description of the people involved , details about the Violation , License plate , time , location , etc etc . It doesnt matter if its Asians , White guys , colored people whatever . Its only a color of skin other wise were all people . Some of you need to just Chin up and take it as it is . Not to sure if you've ever filled out a police report , Maybe we could get Huntin stuff to post a picture of what it states . I will look for some of my old Police reports and post this if he cant , or doesnt read this . It clearly says country of origin . So saying someone was Chinese , or Asian isn't being racist . And if you've ever been out you do see lots of Asians , and middle Easterner's poaching , also lots of Ukrainians and pollards or whatever you call em It doesnt matter the color or race. I'm not being racist im being actual life . I guess if you classify me as a racist better get off your high horse and say it to my face not across the computer . God im sick in tired of the same old crying and sniveling . Law breakers should be punished , no matter what , sex , age , race , etc . A crimnal is a crimnal .
Good one BBJ!

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI
Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Default poachers

Quote:
lots of ukrainians john -- now you started it -- HONKEY PECKER --.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 AM
gitrdun

Quote:
I give a crap Johnny.....
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah , Great Reply ,
Just wondering what race and color are Pollards ???
Cheers !
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
RHF,
Good job!

Bottom line, you got the information pertaining to an offence under the Wildlife act which will probably lead to some pretty meaningful charges.

Don't sweat the overly sensitive armchair quarterbacks out there. There is always someone out there who thinks you should have done things differently.
If there were more outdoorsmen like you out there, poachers, regardless of colour would have no place in our Alberta.

WE NEED TO MAKE WAR ON POACHERS!!
Yes they should issue tags for them!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Moderaters sitting on thier hands and letting this thread carry on.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:27 PM

RHF . . . have the police given you your memory stick/sd card/whatever back? Have they updated you on any progress they've made?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
Some people get offended by EVERYTHING, i'm glad you have a head on your shoulders and dont pretend you have no idea about the rules....do ya miss the creek yet??lol
if he doesn't get offended watching me catch all the fish...I can't see him ever getting offended
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
RHF . . . have the police given you your memory stick/sd card/whatever back? Have they updated you on any progress they've made?
Heys Shelley, yes on the Mem Stick.. no they have not told me anything new.. ( lose lips sink ships, i suppose? ) but he said it is 'under investigation'

ya so is the box of donuts in the back room
Boy did this topic ever take a left turn.. it was about poaching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not race!!!!!!!!!!!
lets leave race out of it please
Old 09-23-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFisherman View Post
Heys Shelley, yes on the Mem Stick.. no they have not told me anything new.. ( lose lips sink ships, i suppose? ) but he said it is 'under investigation'

ya so is the box of donuts in the back room
Boy did this topic ever take a left turn.. it was about poaching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not race!!!!!!!!!!!
lets leave race out of it please
SOooooooooooooooooooooo are you going to post the pictures of the Asien in question?.