Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-18-2016, 10:47 PM
Banned

Default Aerators Should Be Running Again This Winter.

I was gone for a few weeks, so don't know if this subject has been brought forward or not.
Anyways, it appears that after studying the section of the law that shut almost all the aerators down last winter, and after getting a lot of legal advise, it seems that the ACA will once again be running the aerators this winter in AB.
That is great news for our lakes, our stocked trout, and for us fishermen.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:50 PM

They have both running at Muir lake already with inflate able danger stay away signs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 10:58 PM

so they got rid of those useless oxygen defuser things?
Old 10-19-2016, 01:52 AM

This would be Great news ! Think of all of our $ wasted, fisheries deprived of overwintering & the damage done to many ( of which there are few) trout lakes in AB. Anyone who would fish or venture to close to an opening in the ice from an aerator should be lobotomized anyway....
Old 10-19-2016, 05:26 AM
Banned

Nothing running at Birch last weekend... Expect the same results as last winter too... Have yet to hear any sort of plan to prevent the gong show that happened last year... So ya I expect the same results.
Maybe next year they should only put fish into ponds once a "working" plan is in place. OR WE STOP CATERING TO STUPID AND GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:19 AM

Great news about muir

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
Nothing running at Birch last weekend... Expect the same results as last winter too... Have yet to hear any sort of plan to prevent the gong show that happened last year... So ya I expect the same results.
Maybe next year they should only put fish into ponds once a "working" plan is in place. OR WE STOP CATERING TO STUPID AND GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!
??? The way it was???
If you are referring to running aerators the way they used to up until a year or so ago, I think thats exactly what they are trying to do. Keep in mind, that not all aerators in the province were run by the ACA to begin with. I don't know about birch.
Or are you talking about something else?
Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
??? The way it was???
If you are referring to running aerators the way they used to up until a year or so ago, I think thats exactly what they are trying to do. Keep in mind, that not all aerators in the province were run by the ACA to begin with. I don't know about birch.
Or are you talking about something else?
Ya...that's whatI'm talking about the open water airation we had until last year...I just know they had them running there last year at this time.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM

Had a chat with a guy from ACA about a month ago at Hanson Reservoir. Was up there meeting with him about putting a transformer in to run some new electric pumps as they are installing a new aeration system. Told me the next one was going to be Winchell Lake. Said there was going to be more he just didn't know the order they were going in.

I asked him about the liability of aerating lakes accessible by other people and he told me that they will be fencing off the aerators this year. Will go out after ice up and be putting up chain link fences with floats and warning signs attached. And then will be going out either before ice out to remove them or wait til it melts and drag them out of the water. I said that seems like a lot of work and he basically agreed and said it will be a massive pain in the ass.