Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Assume they are armed, those flat screwdrivers that they typically carry for starting Fords & opening doors can be just as lethal as a Bowie knife.
I agree it doesn't have to be a gun there are lots of deadly weapons out there.
If you yell at a thief and they don't run, they have challenged you, pretty good chance they are armed with something.

Interested to see what a thief who was approaching a property owner when he got shot would say in court when asked "if you were just there to steal" why did you not just run away?

265. (1) A person commits an “assault” when

(a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionallyto that other person, directly or indirectly;

(b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose;

Last edited by bobalong; 02-25-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:47 AM

I agree with CNP's post about not shooting unless your life (or those of others) are in danger. The point is to have the balance of power in your favor and to exercise caution and a cool head, if things need to escalate beyond that of course be prepared for that too. If the criminals are driving a vehicle at you, by all means do the same as the police are trained to do. What's justifiable for them is justifiable for everyone as we all fall under the same legislation when it comes to self defense
Old 02-25-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
1. You can walk around on your own rural property anytime you want with a gun in your hand. If your gun is in use it is not stored...

2. Do not shoot at thieves. You will get high fives on AO for shooting thieves but you will most likely end up in jail and you may kill someone you regret for the rest of your life. Getting a high five on AO is not necessarily a good thing. There are no words for shooting an unarmed person who is not threatening you. You deserve everything thrown at you for doing such a thing.

3. Do shoot at someone who is threatening your life or anyone else's life.
x2
Old 02-25-2018, 11:21 AM

I'm glad people (property/home owners) are taking this into their own hands. Sends a very strong message to the government: buck up or shut up.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:34 AM

Default We're now getting complaints

I think that everyone who want to has made their point.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I agree with CNP's post about not shooting unless your life (or those of others) are in danger. The point is to have the balance of power in your favor and to exercise caution and a cool head, if things need to escalate beyond that of course be prepared for that too. If the criminals are driving a vehicle at you, by all means do the same as the police are trained to do. What's justifiable for them is justifiable for everyone as we all fall under the same legislation when it comes to self defense
I think that the majority of people don't intentionly want to take someone's life but I believe people should be prepared in the event that force is required. Imo you owe it to yourself and your loved ones.
Closed Thread