Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Wow. I can't help thinking after reading some of the BS I have seen on this site for the last few months that there is a whole crap load of people on this site with a very low level of intellect and even more that will never figure out how the spell check on their computers work.
Me thinks you need to put the bong down and give yourself a pat on the back or frying pan thingy either way the way your attached to this thread raises an eyebrow. Your spelling and extraordinary intellect are amazing I say! Amazing! Tweek...Tweek ugh...ugh....yyeeaaahh.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
OK let's turn this around. Try answering your own question. Pretend you're me. I know, I know, that's most likely impossible considering my goods looks, incredibly chiseled body, magnetizing personality and my inherent fearless leader qualities, but please, I'm begging you, give it a try.
There is no logical answer why anyone would want to fund them
Old 11-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Me thinks you need to put the bong down and give yourself a pat on the back or frying pan thingy either way the way your attached to this thread raises an eyebrow. Your spelling and extraordinary intellect are amazing I say! Amazing! Tweek...Tweek ugh...ugh....yyeeaaahh.
Alright, I'll put the bong down, done. Now explain to the Hutterites that may be on this site what you meant here, or thereabouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I can’t help but think after reading some of the comments on here that there’s a couple of people posting that come from a huderite colony .
Old 11-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stustage View Post
your comment shows your ignorance, or lack of literacy.

the article says in the first few paragraphs:

the feds were the ones trying to shut down the clinics.
No, a lack of wanting that site in town, a lack of wanting to read your cut an paste (which I didn't BTW). Making a place for people to break the law in, is just plain stupid. Oh, lets go make a safe place for serial killers to kill people while were at it, give me a break! How about we make place to get drunk at too (byob of course). Those ideas seem stupid don't they? Just like a lethal injection site! The law is the law! None of us is above it! People should not be exempt from the laws of this country, it sets a precedence, last time I checked, heroin was illegal, we have laws for a reason, to minimize stupid people from doing stupid things!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
There is no logical answer why anyone would want to fund them
I have 2 Gummy Bears
I know you love Gummy Bears.
The government is forcing you to buy 1 of the 2 gummy Bears I have.
1 Gummy Bear is 10 cents,
the other Gummy Bear is 2 cents.
They both look the same.
Which Gummy Bear do you want to buy?
Old 11-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have 2 Gummy Bears
I know you love Gummy Bears.
The government is forcing you to buy 1 of the 2 gummy Bears I have.
1 Gummy Bear is 10 cents,
the other Gummy Bear is 2 cents.
They both look the same.
Which Gummy Bear do you want to buy?
Lol nice, I'm buying the 2nd gummy bear with the money that I earned, it wasn't handed to me for free, and I get to eat the gummy bear, not hand it to a loser.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:13 PM

Some great examples of close-mindedness in this thread.

I don't want to pay for people's genetic dead end offspring either, or chronic health problems due to their own lifestyle choices, but we do.

We do many things for community, not all of them are for us.

Safe injection sites help people with addiction get clean. They help reduce disease in our communities. They reduce the financial burden of addiction to society.

If you are so filled with hate, that you can't recognize that this is good for society, and saves us money, and is the right thing to do,

God help you, you'll need it.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
Some great examples of close-mindedness in this thread.

I don't want to pay for people's genetic dead end offspring either, or chronic health problems due to their own lifestyle choices, but we do.

We do many things for community, not all of them are for us.

Safe injection sites help people with addiction get clean. They help reduce disease in our communities. They reduce the financial burden of addiction to society.

If you are so filled with hate, that you can't recognize that this is good for society, and saves us money, and is the right thing to do,

God help you, you'll need it.
What % of people get clean who use these safe injection sites, I want rock solid evidence, not just uneducated opinions on the subject. I got clean and sober, and guess what, I didnt get clean and sober continuing to use, like what addicts do in these sites. I want numbers, I want proof, not hearsay, not voodoo witch doctors with bones through their noses, sellin emu oil, where is the recovery #s, this is criminally culpable, mocks society, mocks taxpayers, mocks democracy, why dont we all just give up, wave the white flag let the dealers run free! I know what works, I know what does not, Ive been in the front lines of addiction, have you, do you have any real, actual insight, how many years clean and sober have you been, opening up a suicide centre aint the answer. As for hate, how many people have you helped get clean and sober, how many meetings have you been to, do you know addiction, I mean really, do you, or are you an armchair general whos an expert on all subjects, I dont think these sites are a good idea, my opinion will not be swayed by people who say I need help from god, I dont, or those who say Im illiterate, or ignorant, filled with hate, get real. The law is the law if you dont like it move somewhere where heroin is legal.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:22 PM

The law is one of the biggest problems.

How many times did you OD on Fentanyl?

Times change and thankfully we are doing the right thing.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
I say have their parents pay for the costs of running a program such as this one, or do not have it at all. Why should people who didn't do drugs give hard earned money for this crap. These people who are using this program are likely not working for money to buy their drugs, it's most probably items being stolen, then sold. It sounds cruel, but these people are no gain to society, only a drain on the tax payer, put this money towards helping sick children in hospitals, lower costs for medicine for the sick, or just maybe a new set of work boots to the working people who keep this country rolling.
Exactly!!,,, why in the hell should I have to pay my taxes to pay for crap like this, and don't give me this society BS about, how about if it was you??,, I could of been me, but I have some pride and self worth, and know what is right and wrong from day one. And guess what??,, we can't solve everyone's problems, or keep everyone happy, people are going to fall through the cracks, it's sad, but this is what happens, get used to it and quite bitching
Old 11-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
The law is one of the biggest problems.

How many times did you OD on Fentanyl?

Times change and thankfully we are doing the right thing.
Never got into the opiates, just the shnee and the bottle, people who use opiates know what theyre getting themselves into, if you walk in front of a mack truck, you just may die, same is with fentanyl, same with drinking and driving. Risks that go with the territory, wheres the recovery numbers I asked for, where, oh thats right there aint none cause these sites are dead end suicide centers! There is no numbers and if there was Id wager itd be between 1-3%, hardly worth it in my opinion, I was in detox in ft macleod with alot of these guys, guess what havent seen any turn it around, if they dont want help, suffer, I paid for all my treatment out of my own pocket, so if you think Im gonna shed a tear for people who dont want to do the hard work, boo hoo, I used blame everyone else for my problems but, guess what, it was my fault and, mine alone, that I was a drunk, nobody physically forced me to drink, I chose to!!!!!! Just like no ones forcing these guys to use!! Wake up, and, get me those numbers, get me facts, not smoke and mirrors, and evading the question, your argument is an empty bag of air!
Old 11-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy03 View Post
Exactly!!,,, why in the hell should I have to pay my taxes to pay for crap like this, and don't give me this society BS about, how about if it was you??,, I could of been me, but I have some pride and self worth, and know what is right and wrong from day one. And guess what??,, we can't solve everyone's problems, or keep everyone happy, people are going to fall through the cracks, it's sad, but this is what happens, get used to it and quite bitching
You wouldn’t have pride or self worth if you were born into their lives. Imagine being born into poverty on a res and you’re only role models don’t have jobs, education and already have addiction problems. Is it still that kids fault?
Old 11-07-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robson3954 View Post
You wouldn’t have pride or self worth if you were born into their lives. Imagine being born into poverty on a res and you’re only role models don’t have jobs, education and already have addiction problems. Is it still that kids fault?
Absolutely everyone has a choice, just look over the fence and see what the rest of society is doing........good or bad,,, chose one,,, there is only two options, you decide, you make your fate....
Old 11-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good, we should stop res and they fall in line with the rest, and I think it would benefit them more than being on a res and government help. They don't have jobs or couldn't care less if they had one. I'm saying this for all colors of people, you can be poor and raise a child the right way, that is free. I've seen many res since you brought it up, they can't even have the gumption to close their house doors or replace a few blown of shingles, so poverty no, there is no excuses for that. My parents came from absolutely nothing, but hard work and self worth got them ahead, no handouts.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is a big can of worms. You opened it.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Wow. Some people have all the answers. Lol.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:33 PM

Default lets put all the reprobates on the ice flow

The reason we have safe injection sites is because we are caring society that doesnt throw people away that may not have had the same opportunities as others. That can be in the form of a food bank, Unemployment insurance, pensions health care etc etc etc.
We do the same for others who may have made mistakes in their choices or just have entered into circumstances unintentionally as single moms, emotional counselling, ptsd etc. Many people need help and as a society that can help we should. I have known of 2 addicts who kicked the habits and became contributing members of society despite getting involved in the wrong things when young and foolish. Hey I did some things that I dont want my kids to ever do and survived. The mother of one of those addicts cried each time she talked about her young sons early experiences with drugs and the law until she passed away in 2010. Look at the treatment in Europe where they have had safe injection sites and free drugs for 30 years and the addiction rate has steadily declined along with the associated crimes. In a wealthy society where so much is wasted lets never get so harsh that we are willing to throw away lives. As it has already been said despite addiction, disability or bad luck it is someones brother, daughter son or sister. You can't fix them after they are dead.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
The reason we have safe injection sites is because we are caring society that doesnt throw people away that may not have had the same opportunities as others. That can be in the form of a food bank, Unemployment insurance, pensions health care etc etc etc.
We do the same for others who may have made mistakes in their choices or just have entered into circumstances unintentionally as single moms, emotional counselling, ptsd etc. Many people need help and as a society that can help we should. I have known of 2 addicts who kicked the habits and became contributing members of society despite getting involved in the wrong things when young and foolish. Hey I did some things that I dont want my kids to ever do and survived. The mother of one of those addicts cried each time she talked about her young sons early experiences with drugs and the law until she passed away in 2010. Look at the treatment in Europe where they have had safe injection sites and free drugs for 30 years and the addiction rate has steadily declined along with the associated crimes. In a wealthy society where so much is wasted lets never get so harsh that we are willing to throw away lives. As it has already been said despite addiction, disability or bad luck it is someones brother, daughter son or sister. You can't fix them after they are dead.
This many many times over.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good post.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Well said and agree!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Banned

Still waitin on the stats on these sites, where is the rock solid, concrete evidence???? All these sites do is enable, it would be like saying the way you stop drinking, is by keep drinking. This "oh I give up" mentality doesn't fix squat.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Still waitin on the stats on these sites, where is the rock solid, concrete evidence???? All these sites do is enable, it would be like saying the way you stop drinking, is by keep drinking. This "oh I give up" mentality doesn't fix squat.
Hmmmmm. Why not help yourself? Could be a long wait.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:05 AM

We can try and rehabilitate addicts and yes some of them will become model citizens. It is about as effective as trying to rehabilitate the criminal dealers that make, import or manufacture and sell the dope that is killing these people. All we are doing is treating symptoms of the problem while allowing the virus to continue unfettered. To stop the problem we need to focus on the drug business and start putting drug dealers away for good on the first offence and stop playing the revolving door game that allows drug dealers and other criminals to run rampant. Every user picked up should be taken off the street immediately, incarcerated and treated for a minimum of a year, anyone caught selling this crap should be lethally injected.

Far as I'm concerned anyone with a rap sheet over one page long should be lethally injected.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
We can try and rehabilitate addicts and yes some of them will become model citizens. It is about as effective as trying to rehabilitate the criminal dealers that make, import or manufacture and sell the dope that is killing these people. All we are doing is treating symptoms of the problem while allowing the virus to continue unfettered. To stop the problem we need to focus on the drug business and start putting drug dealers away for good on the first offence and stop playing the revolving door game that allows drug dealers and other criminals to run rampant. Every user picked up should be taken off the street immediately, incarcerated and treated for a minimum of a year, anyone caught selling this crap should be lethally injected.

Far as I'm concerned anyone with a rap sheet over one page long should be lethally injected.

You missed the fact that this doesn't work. The drug war is a failure.

The only method that works is legalization. Destroy the black market, and then you can actually deal with the issue.

You cannot defeat the many headed snake.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
I summarized the stats in two posts in the previous thread (see quoted posts below). It took less time to find published stats than it did to write this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
Studies on InSite in Vancouver have found addicts are 30% more likely to seek treatment when using safe injection sites.

That said, if 30% more are seeking treatment of their own volition, we can assume that a greater number will be successful.

Luckily, we have a pioneering safe injection site in Vancouver that's been the subject of 40+ studies.

HIV infection rates have plunged. Overdose deaths have dropped by 35%. For every dollar spent on InSite, BC Health has saved between $1.50 and $4.00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
If treatment facilities were having 100 people show up on their own accord before, they were seeing 130 show up after safe injection sites.

Everything I've read points to between 40 and 60% relapse rates. So, before safe injection, we had our 100 people show up and maybe 50 stayed clean. After safe injection, we had 130 show up and 65 stayed clean.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
It’s pretty clear that people around here don’t value evidence. It’s been proven time and again that old school management of drugs and addicts just doesn’t work. Decriminalizing drug use, outreach programs, education and gasp even safe injections sites all have been shown to help decrease the number of addicts and negative outcomes.
You might have evidence but I have feels!

The irony of this is right about chin deep IMO. The same bunch that is all torches and pitchforks over this issue jump all over themselves to castigate people on the other side of issues like gun control for similar behavior.

Take a hard look in the mirror boys.

Last edited by midgetwaiter; 11-08-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

The only method that works is legalization. Destroy the black market, and then you can actually deal with the issue.

You cannot defeat the many headed snake.
No it would work if we started killing drug dealers instead of a slap on the wrist and then back to dealing. Are you kidding me?, legalization of drugs!!, ok bud, we should start legalizing prostitution and human trafficking because that would end the black market there too, but it's still wrong!! You say legalize all drugs, then what? Everyone will stop using?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Best post, thank you.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:

The drug war is a failure because there is no war on drugs. Billion dollar Gov't bureaucracies and budgets have been created and growing for decades that depend on a continued 'drug war' that is necessary to keep this bureaucracy going. They make their token busts and flash it all over the media how they are fighting the illegal drug industry but they have no intention of letting this golden goose die. The anti drug campaign has become just another industrial commercial business feeding of the taxpayer to the tune of billions upon billions over the years and is as corrupt as the illegal drug business that it cannot exist without. Essentially the gov't has created two monsters that are co dependant so nothing of real value will ever happen as too much money is at stake.

If we had a conscientious justice system and an actual legitimate war on drugs this situation would have been put to bed decades ago.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM

Default Much ado about nothing

great conspiracy theory