Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Default Fishing near Regina

Going to Regina for the weekend..
Looking to take 3 kids under 5yrs fishing, and want to keep them entertained. Anyone know of any spots within 1hr of regina to take them? Not concerned with size, just looking for good numbers. (we have a boat). I would prefer to find some walleye, but jacks will do.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Being from Regina I have done a little fishing around Regina. I would say try Echo Lake. Some places to try there would be infront of the fish hatchery or off Bu-say-taa point. These places have produced prety well over the years at this of year. Also, you may want to try right down at the east end of the lake in front of the river mouth. This is a sandy area and the walleye seem to like this area. You could try Mission Lake. From the boat launch, go west on the north side about half ways up the lake. There is some high banks here and the walleye could be in here right now. Pasqua Lake is my favorite. It is a little larger lake, less boat traffic and the fishing can be unbeleivable. There are numerous places to fish on this lake. But if you leave the boat launch, stay on the south side and go west. Maybe 1/2 mile down you can start fishing. There is a large ledge here. It is 4-5 ft on top and drops to 15-20 ft. You can troll from here to the west as far as you want. The farther west you go the better it can be. These 3 lakes are located down near Fort Qu'Appelle.
Last Mountain Lake is another choice. This time of year with it being a late spring could be very good. I am talking about down at Regina Beach area.
Hope this helps. If you want some advice PM me.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM

I used to have really good luck at last mountain lake. Mostly for pike and perch. There is a boat launch right in Regina Beach at the end of the main road. Its been years since ive been to that lake but i dont imagine the fishing has changes a whole lot. Its about a 40 min drive or so from regina to regina beach.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:54 PM

a good lake near regina, which has a good population of walleye and pike...with good size...would be dunett park....near avonlea sask