Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Globalfest Fireworks Show

We'll be in Cowtown this weekend and we're thinking of taking in Globalfest tomorrow. Can you just buy tickets at the gate? Is it worth the $60 admisison for a family of 4?

In case they sell out is there another location we could drive to to watch the fireworks?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
We'll be in Cowtown this weekend and we're thinking of taking in Globalfest tomorrow. Can you just buy tickets at the gate? Is it worth the $60 admisison for a family of 4?

In case they sell out is there another location we could drive to to watch the fireworks?
We took it in about 4 yrs ago as guests of the Totem tent, was the last night when the top countries squared off. I'm no fireworks expert but in my mind it was a spectacular show.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 PM

They are great show, I used to watch it every year from the roof of my garage ( I lived in applewood) IMHO they are the best fireworks shows I've seen anywhere.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
They are great show, I used to watch it every year from the roof of my garage ( I lived in applewood) IMHO they are the best fireworks shows I've seen anywhere.
I take it you never seen the shows down in Vancouver

And. For buying tickets I am sure you can buy online
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 AM

Default If you get Downtown Calgary

Quote:

Just picked up tickets for Sunday nights show while I was shopping at Map Town; they are selling tickets for the Festival this year.

They are located in the Rosyln Building on the corner of 5th Avenue and 3rd Street SW.

We took the kids last year and it was excellent. There is more than fireworks with tents set up representing different cultures and lots of good food.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydude View Post
I take it you never seen the shows down in Vancouver

And. For buying tickets I am sure you can buy online
I've seen both. Vancouver's certainly has a better setting. However, I was in Vancouver this year when it wa on and I was surprised by how few countries were participating. Sounds like it's declining there from a decade ago. Calgary's is pretty good.

Yes it's worth the money, for the fireworks and all the other stuff at the site. But hey, I love food tents. LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Definitely worth it!!! The fire works are pretty sweet there.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Parking is a nightmare and expensive.
So either park way down 17th and walk or park close and just nap for an hour or so after the show in the car before you are able to get on the road again
Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like we may not be getting into Calgary until close to when the fireworks start. Is there a place we could drive to and watch them nearby?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like we may not be getting into Calgary until close to when the fireworks start. Is there a place we could drive to and watch them nearby?
I would google elliston park,
Remember that the 4 roads bordering the park will either be completely blocked or almost completely blocked for pedestrian traffic.