Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Default Fishin Hole Family Day fishing event at Lac Ste. Anne

Long over due however I wanted to send out a huge thank you to the Fishin Hole, all the Sponsors and volunteers at the Lac Ste. Anne family day fishing day at Alberta Beach.

It was a beautiful day to have a lot of people out on the ice to experience the joy of ice fishing. The ice was plenty thick enough to drive many vehicles on. I am thankful for all the activities for the kids and the non fishermen. It was an excellent display of sportsmanship and bringing together a successful event. I am especialy thankfull for the volunteers running around with power augers to drill holes.

My 4 year old daughter and I had a fantastic time. In total we caught 4 Jacks in about 3 hours. I also ended up catching my metal strainer which Lily had decided to drop down the hole in 10 feet of water. A 1oz white Jig and a quick hook on the side and we are good to go. I still think the regs say you can keep one strainer out of the lake you catch..

Lily caught her first Jack on her new bright pink Ice fishing rod and reel combo. She was so excited and terrified when this fish came out of the hole. She has seen Jacks before and caught a walleye but was not expecting it to come flying out of the hole. Hahaha. We are looking forward to next years event.

Just wanted to send along a quick thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lilyanddad.jpg (52.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up

nice to hear !!!! a positive post yey
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

sounds like you had a great time and things were well organised.
congrats to your daughter, but tell her to keep an eye on her pink rod. one of the members of this forum can't resist anything pink or chartruese. lol
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
sounds like you had a great time and things were well organised.
congrats to your daughter, but tell her to keep an eye on her pink rod. one of the members of this forum can't resist anything pink or chartruese. lol
It's only the chartruse Len Thompson spoons I like. I see you're still holding a grudge about me outfishing you last summer using them. I'll give you another shot at the title if we ever get open water, till then choose your lures carefully.