Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 AM

Default Discount fishing gear in Airdrie

Heads up for those that might have missed out on the TFH sale last week, there's a bunch of stuff being cleared out at the Airdrie Walmart in a discount shelf. It's a bit randomly mixed but there's lots of almost everything, especially plugs (lots of Rapalas), spoons, spinners, powerbaits and lines.

Only thing I didn't see discounted was rods and reels but I didn't look at them to be sure. Looks like they are clearing out space for ice gear or something else.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 AM

Thumbs up

thanks slings will check them out today
Old 09-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Don't make a special trip because the markdowns are not very much. Most of the things are hardy any cheaper than you can get them for regular price at Bass Pro or WSS. Not what I would consider "clearance" pricing at all.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:16 PM

I did pick up some Gibbs spoons for $4 that normally sell for $7 at other places. I don't find the pricing at Bass Pro that good anyways. Probably not worth a special drive there for the cost of gas but if you're up there anyways it'll be worth checking out.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Ya I had one of those spoons in my hand but that was just about the only decent deal in the bunch. I put it back to save standing in line. Prices at Bass Pro are very competitive but it's the same everywhere, you need to shop around and know what things are selling for elsewhere. I like wholesale and the Fish'n hole too. My wife thinks I'm nuts because I'm always looking for clearance stuff at Wallmart. Trust me; those prices are not "clearance". I bought a pack of gulp at the Airdrie WM a week ago for a buck the rest were marked at 6 bucks, reg 7. The one I got was a clearance price; the others are just marked down a bit. For something to be labeled clearance, it should be at least half price in my mind.