Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Default a little help around taber

We are finding it hard to get land access to bowhunt mulies north of taber, does anybody own or lease land around there that would be able to allow me and my buddy access! This is our first bowhunt and we have been practicing for a couple years and now we r having a hard time getting access! Please help
Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM

The majority of the land along the river is grazing reserve. You should be able to access that.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 PM

So how would I access a map? Kinda new to to all this getting permission to hunt! Any leads would b awsome
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chironomidkraut View Post
So how would I access a map? Kinda new to to all this getting permission to hunt! Any leads would b awsome
Im not sure how far north and east the lethcounty map goes but you can get that map online, cant print it out but you can view it. As far as getting maps to use, there is a place, oldman river regional office, I think its on like 31st street and 30th ave north somewhere around there, they have all the county maps which show land owners, then pick up the "betterbook phone book" and away you go
Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 PM

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/Recreation...d/Default.aspx
Everything you need there, click on the second link which should take you to a map with all provincial public land including leases. Enlarge the area you want to see, click on the public land you want to access and the leases will have access name and any stipulations on the lease. If the leases have not contact info or stipulation it's open for business.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 PM

Default Taber hunting

North from barnwell is a good community lease that borders the river. Saw lots of mule deer there.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:07 AM

There is no puplic land from Taber downstream to the Forks. There is a hutterite colony downsteam of the hiway 36 bridge,they let some people on.With these dry conditions we are having,there is a fire ban in the M.D of Taber.Be careful where you park your truck.