Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
Serious Q- If you do not want people looking at "your stuff" why do you put it on the web?
Why would I want everyone to read discussions I have with other friends about dog adoptions or looking for a rental or Bill 6? I know a lot of people who have everything public and you have to be their friend to comment, but I don't see the point of that. I have about 30 friends of whom about 20 are actual real friends that I see or chat with on a semi-regular basis, and have to chuckle at the ones who have 200-1000 "friends". I like to share a few photos, and opinions and jokes and sad or happy events, and like to see what others are up to. But I don't want someone whom I hardly or don't know or actually dislike to take part in it.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Just wondering how you guys do your friending on facebook. I have been going on a few facbook chat groups the last year or so now and find I get a lot of people I have no clue who they are that want to befriend me. The give you no explanation why, no introduction and just want you to o.k their friend request. To me this is funny. I feel my facebook is somewhat private. I have pics of my family on there and don't really care for people who don't know me to follow me around either. If I have chatted with them and gotten to know them somewhat then o.k I get it but I get so many that out of the blue want to be friends and don't even have the courtesy to at least send me a message and explain why or introduce themselves. Am I just an oddball or does this happen with you guys and how do you handle it? I usually erase the request myself
ok there Nube, if you think so!

I'll tell you something - if you put ONE picture on the Internet ( AO included ) you can't really be too concerned with privacy. Thats just the way it is.

I have a FB account that was originally started to promote Reel Time Ventures, and I have posted lots of pics on this forum in the past, and I do not for one second believe that any of that stuff is private. Its on the Internet. Its simply not private.

If someone wants to find you....they will.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Banned

I don't belong to Facebook or any other forum except this one. Quite frankly I can't be bothered, and I can't navigate a lot of other forums. I can't even get Facebook to work when someone from here posts a pic from Facebook.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post

...... has been able to monetize gossip, and wasting time at work
So....you mean exactly like the AO forum?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
X2
x3
Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

No point of accepting when i don't know you. Delete works well for me