Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Default mccanns murder, info on vader un-banned from publication

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...says-1.3365953
Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 PM

That smirk he has all the time really gets to me. I mean this guy's trial begins early next year and even if convicted he will still have that "I still win because I will never say where I left them" smirk.

It would be nice if he gave their location but I highly doubt he will.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocyte View Post
That smirk he has all the time really gets to me. I mean this guy's trial begins early next year and even if convicted he will still have that "I still win because I will never say where I left them" smirk.

It would be nice if he gave their location but I highly doubt he will.
Yeah and if found guilty its a shame they can't waterboard the SOB.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:47 PM

His lawyer seems like a real piece of work. How can a person want to defend that kind of scum? As though temporarily staying charges violated the poor murderers rights and hurt his feelings...........
Old 12-15-2015, 01:49 PM

The filed documents are not evidence in the trial???? Wonder why? It's hard not to assume his is guilty, gut feeling is he did it. Thought for sure the parents remains would be found by hunters within a year but whoever did it must have hid them good. Hope the family gets their parents back for a proper burial.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
The filed documents are not evidence in the trial???? Wonder why? It's hard not to assume his is guilty, gut feeling is he did it. Thought for sure the parents remains would be found by hunters within a year but whoever did it must have hid them good. Hope the family gets their parents back for a proper burial.
X2.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:53 PM

Default thetruth

A brief water boarding session and the piece of garbage would sing just like all the boys at Gitmo did. My heart goes out to the family who has endured crushing heartbreak....
Old 12-15-2015, 03:58 PM

I remember a case like this , early 90s ?? Tried multiple times , massive waste of taxpayers money and he was actually innocent when the real suspect turned up. The canadian government was sued and payed up for destroying the mans life in the process. Hope it's not more if the same
Old 12-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
I remember a case like this , early 90s ?? Tried multiple times , massive waste of taxpayers money and he was actually innocent when the real suspect turned up. The canadian government was sued and payed up for destroying the mans life in the process. Hope it's not more if the same
Rather unlikely if the guys own sister was saying to the undercover officer that she figured Travis was responsible
Old 12-15-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
So true. Corner stone of democracy is innocent until proven guilty. No matter how guilty he may appear he still deserves the right to a fair trial.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
So true. Corner stone of democracy is innocent until proven guilty. No matter how guilty he may appear he still deserves the right to a fair trial.
I agree.
Water boarding? really guys? Didn't we just have multiple threads with dozens of pages of people protesting Sharia Law? I know comments advocating water boarding are borne out of anger at the situation. That's understandable. But put the pitchforks away till he's tried.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
X2. The theatrics around this case make you wonder. Either the cops have a case or they don't. Can't say I disagree with Abuse of Process.

Grizz
Old 12-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Default hope im wrong

starting to think this guy just might be guilty but sounds like the investigation was a huge mess and that may set him free- hope not but sure looks like that from a distance