Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
I would not use a parasitic realtor who leaches 3 grand of the first hundred grand and 7% over that for pretty much no work at all other than filling out paperwork to get the money.All realtors list all properties on the MLS system and a lot of times that realtor is not actually "showing" your home.Last time I had a realtor was to get rid of the "marital" home and all I saw was the business cards left on the kitchen counter of other "realtors" who showed the home to prospective buyers.

The entry of online services for real estate purchasing and selling is a good thing IMO.All you need is a good lawyer who if he/she is going his/her job of looking after your best interests you are OK.

I lived in the UK for 9 months and I can say the most hated proffession by the general public in the UK is Realtors or "Estate Agents" as they are called there...more loathed/hated than politicians/lawyers.Only ever heard my grandmother swear once in my lifetime and that was when I was in the YTS office trying to figure out what trade I would get into when the guy suggested I be an "Estate Agent" and my grandmother snapped and said "He is not going to be a FU*&ing estate agent!"

What do you call 1000 realtors in a soon to be scuttled ship going to the bottom of the ocean...and more specific to the bottom of the Laurentian Abyssal?......a nice start

FTH
If you actually paid 3/7 you are not a very good negotiator. Around Alberta you will see 7/3 as a pretty common total commission to be split. All commissions are negotiable. Good luck attracting a buyer if you are not going to offer a reasonable commission to the buyers side Realtor. Most Realtors have hundreds of buyers in their database.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have bought and sold dozens of properties. A GREAT Realtor is worth every penny you pay him. An average realtor is okay if you have experience and know how to stay on top of him and understand the tactics they use. A mediocre to poor realtor is WAY worse than no realtor.

The highest volume sellers are not necessarily the best realtors, you can sell a lot more real estate if you can low ball the listing price of talk your seller into taking a low ball offer. Remember, if you come down 50,000, it only affects the realtors commission $1,500. It is your money they are playing with.

In the current market, get two reputable and separate independent real estate appraisers to value your home. (this will tell you pretty close what to list the house for, I usually go ten to fifteen thousand higher to start, whether you sell yourself or use a realtor). Also get a home inspection done so you don't get a nasty surprise when the buyer orders one. Make sure you fix any safety or code violation items, cosmetic fixes is a matter of cost vs return.

DO NOT TELL prospective realtors what this value came out to. Do not tell the realtor what you want to list for or what you think it should sell for. You can easily evaluate the realtor by asking him what he believes it should be listed for and what he thinks the final sale price will be. Make him show you the work up and comparables he is using. IF he has no formal work up when he shows up for the viewing appointment give him he bums rush immediately. Also ask him how many days he expects it to be on market. Is he recommending any kind of staging etc..

One of the most professional and best realtors I ever used was located in Calgary. In these tough market times he is definitely worth the price you pay for him and if I was selling property in Calgary he would have the listing.

If you sell on your own make sure you advertise it well. Get it on MLS, Kijiji, make sure you have for sale signs in front of the house, on the way into your neighbourhood and at the entrance to your street. People can't buy what they can't find.

IF they can find you and your property, and it is pristine clean, de-junked and well looked after it will move very quickly. You will not believe how filthy so many houses are that are trying to be sold. Soap and water is really cheap and makes a huge difference. The dirty ones just won't move, no matter how cheap they are.

Best of luck either way and depending on your market and how hard you are willing to work selling on your own is a reasonable option.

Comparables.....when they did that they were comparing 20 year old mobile homes on 20 acres with our log home on 160.....haha, right.

HOW do you value/price a home that really has no comparables in the area?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Comparables.....when they did that they were comparing 20 year old mobile homes on 20 acres with our log home on 160.....haha, right.

He may have called it a "comparable", but that doesn't sound like what he was actually doing.....

There are a variety of ways. As to the situation above, find out what comparable 1/4s are selling for, find out what comparable homes in town are selling for, add the two together minus the in town lot price, and you should be pretty close. It would need to be tweaked a bit, homes generally cost more to built out of town and rural services are generally more expensive.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post

Actually it is pretty simple. For mortgage purposes the first ten acres counts towards the house value. What is a ten acre lot worth in your area. Add to that the cost of power, water and Gas. Also, what is the zoning of your land, what does the water potability test say about the water source and how far out of a mid to major town are you. Is there year round access.

Next, what is 150 acres of bare land worth (assuming you can subdivide). Sell the two pieces separately to maximise return. If you cannot subdivide then the most it is worth for a residential mortgage is the serviced 10 acre value as that is what most banks and CMHC will look at in their residential mortgage protfolio. Farm mortgage and land used for active farming, the 160 acre value.

Now to the house value, if you are in an area where there are almost no stick built houses, like northern Alberta, that is going to make it much harder to appraise. Thus, what has recently sold, mobile, pre-fab or what ever is actually indicative of the per square foot value of housing in your area. Take the square foot value, apply it to the log home. Add or subtract from that value depending on how well or poorly constructed the log home is. (Many log homes are no where near as well built as many prefabs, and other log homes are actually superior ion construction.)

For second validation, compare the outcome to the construction cost method and adjust as necessary.

I am not saying this is what happened in your case but it is what should have happened. If you knew to do this and did it right, then selling on your own is a good call. If you didn't know then you need an expert on your side, and thus is exactly what I mean about getting a realtor that knows what the hell they are doing.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Actually it is pretty simple. For mortgage purposes the first ten acres counts towards the house value. What is a ten acre lot worth in your area. Add to that the cost of power, water and Gas. Also, what is the zoning of your land, what does the water potability test say about the water source and how far out of a mid to major town are you. Is there year round access.

Next, what is 150 acres of bare land worth (assuming you can subdivide). Sell the two pieces separately to maximise return. If you cannot subdivide then the most it is worth for a residential mortgage is the serviced 10 acre value as that is what most banks and CMHC will look at in their residential mortgage protfolio. Farm mortgage and land used for active farming, the 160 acre value.

Now to the house value, if you are in an area where there are almost no stick built houses, like northern Alberta, that is going to make it much harder to appraise. Thus, what has recently sold, mobile, pre-fab or what ever is actually indicative of the per square foot value of housing in your area. Take the square foot value, apply it to the log home. Add or subtract from that value depending on how well or poorly constructed the log home is. (Many log homes are no where near as well built as many prefabs, and other log homes are actually superior ion construction.)

For second validation, compare the outcome to the construction cost method and adjust as necessary.

I am not saying this is what happened in your case but it is what should have happened. If you knew to do this and did it right, then selling on your own is a good call. If you didn't know then you need an expert on your side, and thus is exactly what I mean about getting a realtor that knows what the hell they are doing.
That sounds like we need a proper appraiser...and not a realtor valuation? The realtors around here seem to think we should give the property away so they can collect a quick commission. [Bank appraisal a couple of years ago came in at 270+change, realtor wanted us to list for 295]

How do you switch from residential to a farm mortgage? Would the interest rates be similar or much higher for the farm mortgage? And I assume the insurance rates would sky rocket as well?
Old 12-08-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by player86 View Post
If you actually paid 3/7 you are not a very good negotiator. Around Alberta you will see 7/3 as a pretty common total commission to be split. All commissions are negotiable. Good luck attracting a buyer if you are not going to offer a reasonable commission to the buyers side Realtor.Most Realtors have hundreds of buyers in their database.
Say what? It might be more plausible if you said Some Realtors have hundreds of prospects in thier database. Anything else is a fabrication.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
Say what? It might be more plausible if you said Some Realtors have hundreds of prospects in thier database. Anything else is a fabrication.
I am a Realtor, every Realtor in my office including myself each have databases of hundreds of possible buyers at all times. Some are motivated some are not. You will never survive in this business if you don't have a database.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I am a Realtor, every Realtor in my office including myself each have databases of hundreds of possible buyers at all times. Some are motivated some are not. You will never survive in this business if you don't have a database.
Are you trying to tell me each and every realtor in your office has a data base with "hundreds" of buyers that they have personally talked to, verified they are qualified to purchase and have filled in the details of what it is they are looking for. Also, if they have this much info I presume you have each buyer set up to receive automated search results that fit the parameters of what they are interested in buying. Tell me this is true and then tell me how many buyers you are actively working with and showing houses to this week.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Key word "possible" LOL!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me each and every realtor in your office has a data base with "hundreds" of buyers that they have personally talked to, verified they are qualified to purchase and have filled in the details of what it is they are looking for. Also, if they have this much info I presume you have each buyer set up to receive automated search results that fit the parameters of what they are interested in buying. Tell me this is true and then tell me how many buyers you are actively working with and showing houses to this week.
I personally have over 250 set up on automated search with criteria on what they are looking for. Mine is one of the smaller databases in the office. This week I am showing 3 different buyers various properties. Every buyer is in a different situation and has different motivation and time lines such we need large databases of clients.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I personally have over 250 set up on automated search with criteria on what they are looking for. Mine is one of the smaller databases in the office. This week I am showing 3 different buyers various properties. Every buyer is in a different situation and has different motivation and time lines such we need large databases of clients.
So then 3 active buyers out of a list of 250. About what I figured. I know seven active buyers looking for houses today and I'm not a broker.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Good on you for clarifying with the 'possible'. I remember years ago a broker, when asked about his prospect database, dropped a telephone book on the desk. at some point, hopefully, you'll swing from a buyers agent to a listing agent, and reap the rewards. Good luck on an exciting career.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So then 3 active buyers out of a list of 250. About what I figured. I know seven active buyers looking for houses today and I'm not a broker.
7 active buyers looking for houses or actually looking at houses?
I only answered the question of how many I was showing this week, as you did not ask how many I worked with last week, next week out of my list.
I am just trying to say that most Realtor have lists of buyers looking for the property. the end
Old 12-09-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Good on you for clarifying with the 'possible'. I remember years ago a broker, when asked about his prospect database, dropped a telephone book on the desk. at some point, hopefully, you'll swing from a buyers agent to a listing agent, and reap the rewards. Good luck on an exciting career.
Thanks, I actually work both with buyers and sellers.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Wow - a lot of hate on for realtors here. I also work in real estate, and a good realtor is worth it every time. The haters must have had some seriously bad experiences. I personally manage our database and we have over 1500 people on searches with at least 200 planning to buy in the next couple months...
But hey, if you wanna do it yourself - pls - only makes our job easier.
And for the record 90% of FSBO get sold by a real estate agent...
Old 12-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Default selling a house

Find a law firm that is willing to work with you. You will have to have a lawyer, in any event, to put the sale through. Have them peruse any offer you get and explain the consequences to you before accepting the offer. In particular, be very wary of an offer made subject to conditions - get a legal opinion about the implications for you if you accept it. If you consider selling your house to anyone who has already seen the house via a real estate agent - whether or not it is currently listed with them - expect the real estate agent to come after you for commission. If the price is right in this market, you should have no trouble selling. I wouldn't let a real estate agent view the house, but no doubt they will try. Expect that buyers will dicker so start a little high price-wise and think about other items that can be used for added inclusion - appliances, window coverings, etc.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:34 PM

in addition - do not use the same lawyer as the buyer just for "expediency". Sometimes this will work ok, but sometimes not.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
Wow - a lot of hate on for realtors here. I also work in real estate, and a good realtor is worth it every time. The haters must have had some seriously bad experiences. I personally manage our database and we have over 1500 people on searches with at least 200 planning to buy in the next couple months...
Where do you get 90% from?
Old 12-12-2015, 01:18 PM

Default Another discount broker...

http://www.onepercentrealty.com/

You pay a flat fee of $6900. on property up to $600,000. I had a !% guy do an evaluation on our Pincher house last year. He was very professional and prompt. Whenever we decide to sell, we will likely use his company. Why pay all that extra money? I asked a few locals about commission negotiations and none were very interested....

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 12-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Where do you get 90% from?
Like all statistics quoted to support an argument, 98% are made up on the spot. How is the other guy going to check it.

I find the response from the realtors quite interesting. I have not read much in the way of open hate for realtors, more a whole lot of questions about what you get for your money. I think I have a pretty balanced approach to when to use and when not to use a realtor. What I don't see is the realtors committing to a long list of quality services and behaviours that demonstrate to people the value they ad. A data base of potential buyers is a FAR FAR way from the value people are looking for.

IF a realtor is going to sell me on the value he brings: Lets talk about the formal market analysis to set the listing price, the specific marketing plan, is there open houses, full MLS exposure or private listing, where else will the home be advertised, does he have any pre-listing buyers. Does he use a professional photographer or is it just a few snaps taken by the realtor on his cell phone. Is the realtor covering having a full home inspection done so the home owner knows what to fix and will it be made available to buyers, do they have someone on staff or on retainer to come out and go over detailed staging of the home, do they provide any muscle to help move extra furniture etc to storage, do they have contact and recommendations for storage units, places to rent staging furniture etc,. How do they go about qualifying potential buyers before trooping them through your home and what guarantee do they provide regarding the security of items in your home. (Many realtors will allow buyers to walk through a home unescorted, that can lead to a lot of valuable stuff going missing.)

If you are going to use a realtor, make a list like the one above and get answers to all these questions. If you don't like the answers interview another realtor. There aren't many realtors that will commit to this much work, but the really good ones will. The realtors' job is to make the selling of your house as hassle free as possible for you. If you have to put together the real property report, order the home inspection and do a whole bunch of other work then you might as well do the whole sale your self. If you are paying 15,000 plus in commissions you should be getting a lot more than a sign on the lawn with his mug on it.

Last edited by Dean2; 12-12-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:56 PM

I don't have a problem with paying someone to sell my house. How much they get is the issue I have. I built my house in 2002 and it cost me 200K. It was worth 500k in 2014. Using the 7/3 rule the agent for 10k in 2002, if I sold last year they would have gotten 19k. For what I was making in 2002 to now my salary has not doubled. Using this calculator

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/rel...on-calculator/

The agents wage in my opinion should only be $12,440.71 in 2014 as this on par with the bank of Canada inflation rate.
Years ago the agents had you over a barrel as they held all the listing information. Now with the power of the interwebs, you can source out your own houses and utilize Comfree.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
Find a law firm that is willing to work with you. You will have to have a lawyer, in any event, to put the sale through.
Legally, you are not required to involve a Lawyer. Title transfers can be done through city services using the appropriate forms and attachments.

Quote:
If you consider selling your house to anyone who has already seen the house via a real estate agent - whether or not it is currently listed with them - expect the real estate agent to come after you for commission.
Only If you are obligated to a listing contract.

Quote:
I wouldn't let a real estate agent view the house, but no doubt they will try. Expect that buyers will dicker so start a little high price-wise and think about other items that can be used for added inclusion - appliances, window coverings, etc.
Why would you not allow the Realtor to view?
Old 12-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Banned

Get a lawyer Bro... Its so easy
Old 12-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Sold 2 houses on comfree, there isn't much to know. Both sold in less than a month.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can qualify 'our', as in database. I'm thinking that if you look at creb's numbers, projected out over the next couple of months, which are the slowest months, you must have a huge office, or your talking the whole franchise?

Old real estate proverb - 'Buyers are Liars'.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can qualify 'our', as in database. I'm thinking that if you look at creb's numbers, projected out over the next couple of months, which are the slowest months, you must have a huge office, or your talking the whole franchise?

Old real estate proverb - 'Buyers are Liars'.
Sorry didn't get back to you - was doing some grouse hunting, much more enjoyable then debating my profession with "anti's".
Our means OUR database, my agency. Which has 4 agents. These months are only slow for sloppy unprofessional types.
The 90% comes from the national association of realtors, couldn't find the exact article for you (as i don't go around defending my profession all the time), but a few choice ones listed below, including the one where comm free says itself that 70% of their listings are sold by agents (not including the ones that don't sell and then get an agent to help them).
also included, founder of FSBO sites couldn't sell his own home using his own tactics so he used a realtor....

As for list of services, just to name a few:
-Closing protection insurance (if you don't know what that is then thats another reason you should interview a realtor)
-1 year home warranty
-third party appraisal for price setting
-professional photography
-visual tour of listed home
-exclusive website of listed home
-FB marketing with usual 3000-9000 exact buyers reached
-trusted and best priced home inspectors, mortgage brokers and lawyer
-professional home staging and interior decorating service
-etc. etc.
We can get upwards of 18% more for your home with the marketing we do, which number is from our sales statistics.
-

Unfortunately "anti's" are like gun control nuts in that they really don't listen and have a pre-set idea that's not about to change. So take it or leave it - I really don't care if you want to do it on your own - go for it - it certainly doesn't hurt business.

Cheers - Sub

http://www.remonline.com/9-things-fs...onsumers-know/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...te-broker.html

http://knightrei.com/does-comfree-work/
Old 12-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry didn't get back to you - was doing some grouse hunting, much more enjoyable then debating my profession with "anti's".
Our means OUR database, my agency. Which has 4 agents. These months are only slow for sloppy unprofessional types.
The 90% comes from the national association of realtors, couldn't find the exact article for you (as i don't go around defending my profession all the time), but a few choice ones listed below, including the one where comm free says itself that 70% of their listings are sold by agents (not including the ones that don't sell and then get an agent to help them).
also included, founder of FSBO sites couldn't sell his own home using his own tactics so he used a realtor....

-Closing protection insurance (if you don't know what that is then thats another reason you should interview a realtor)
-1 year home warranty
-etc. etc.
We can get upwards of 18% more for your home with the marketing we do, which number is from our sales statistics.
-

Unfortunately "anti's" are like gun control nuts in that they really don't listen and have a pre-set idea that's not about to change. So take it or leave it - I really don't care if you want to do it on your own - go for it - it certainly doesn't hurt business.

Cheers - Sub

SubMOA

That is the RIGHT list of things a good realtor will do for a seller. You are exactly they type of realtor I have suggested people locate. Don't go with the first one you talk to, ask all the questions and get positive answers to all of them. If not keep looking. The reason there are so many people who hate realtors is there are so many realtors who don't do the job right. If they got the chance to work with a good realtor they would change their minds, but they won't till they see there is a real difference first hand.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
SubMOA

That is the RIGHT list of things a good realtor will do for a seller. You are exactly they type of realtor I have suggested people locate. Don't go with the first one you talk to, ask all the questions and get positive answers to all of them. If not keep looking. The reason there are so many people who hate realtors is there are so many realtors who don't do the job right. If they got the chance to work with a good realtor they would change their minds, but they won't till they see there is a real difference first hand.
Amen my friend. Thats exactly what we tell people too. Interview us, others too, take your time, find the person you feel comfortable with, who is honest with you and values service over BS and it will be good and profitable experience.

Cheers, Sub

ps. hate to hijack the thread - but my hunting itch is still going despite taking my deer, etc. anyone know a good place for grouse close to the city?
Old 12-14-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:

-1 year home warranty
-etc. etc.
-

Cheers - Sub

Some good stuff in there, unfortunately your referenced articles aren't all that accurate or pertinent to the real estate market here - especially Fort McMurray. I've had our place appraised by realtors and they are all over the map on price. Maybe that's because the market is pretty 'dead' here. The real estate signs are growing roots! Nothing in my location is moving and prices for similar houses to mine are listed from the mid-600's to mid-700's, and an even wider spread if the whole city is compared.

Do you include Closing Protection Insurance in your realtor fees? I ask because I once had a realtor tell me it was available for an additional fee.

How much does the home warranty typically cost? I have to say I'd never heard of it except on new homes. Is it like buying an extended warranty on a new vehicle? Who pays for it? Is it included in realtor fees?

Not to criticize 'home inspectors' but the guy we had when we bought (highly recommended by realtors as the best in town) wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier! Now, unbeknowst to him, I used to be a carpenter / home renovator, and I pointed out a few things he marked as good on his report that I saw as questionable or he never even checked! Like, he stuck his head up into the attic and never went any further till I insisted, He climbed a ladder and looked over the roof from there and that was it for roof inspection. There was a seal gone in a window that he said was no problem - just some "cloudiness in the glass" (Ha, ha, ha), and he had no clue where the sump pump was or if it worked - I made him find it since he checked it off as in working order. He also turned on the jets for the whirlpool tub - WITHOUT ANY WATER IN IT, and said "Yup, it works." 1 1/2 hours, nearly $500.00! I was not impressed!

The guy my daughter had when they bought a house was even worse, he missed several obvious things I later fixed!

Home inspection services - a lot of em are a scam!

If you can sell my place for 18% more, come on up and I'll sign you on.

Cheers,
Mistagin
Old 12-14-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Some good stuff in there, unfortunately your referenced articles aren't all that accurate or pertinent to the real estate market here - especially Fort McMurray. I've had our place appraised by realtors and they are all over the map on price. Maybe that's because the market is pretty 'dead' here. The real estate signs are growing roots! Nothing in my location is moving and prices for similar houses to mine are listed from the mid-600's to mid-700's, and an even wider spread if the whole city is compared.

Do you include Closing Protection Insurance in your realtor fees? I ask because I once had a realtor tell me it was available for an additional fee.

How much does the home warranty typically cost? I have to say I'd never heard of it except on new homes. Is it like buying an extended warranty on a new vehicle? Who pays for it? Is it included in realtor fees?

Not to criticize 'home inspectors' but the guy we had when we bought (highly recommended by realtors as the best in town) wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier! Now, unbeknowst to him, I used to be a carpenter / home renovator, and I pointed out a few things he marked as good on his report that I saw as questionable or he never even checked! Like, he stuck his head up into the attic and never went any further till I insisted, He climbed a ladder and looked over the roof from there and that was it for roof inspection. There was a seal gone in a window that he said was no problem - just some "cloudiness in the glass" (Ha, ha, ha), and he had no clue where the sump pump was or if it worked - I made him find it since he checked it off as in working order. He also turned on the jets for the whirlpool tub - WITHOUT ANY WATER IN IT, and said "Yup, it works." 1 1/2 hours, nearly $500.00! I was not impressed!

The guy my daughter had when they bought a house was even worse, he missed several obvious things I later fixed!

Home inspection services - a lot of em are a scam!

If you can sell my place for 18% more, come on up and I'll sign you on.

Cheers,
Mistagin
Hi Mistagin, if we worked up in Ft Mac I would gladly come by and see what I could do to help out. But at least I can answer your questions:
-we do our own appraisal which is quite in depth using actually sold homes in the area, comparables, but we also get an official appraisal company in (we pay for that) to get the price area nailed down. Also so the person knows its not our opinion but fair market value. We show the data that we based our conclusion on as well.
-closing insurance is included in our fees, you don't pay extra for that. a good agent shouldn't make you pay extra for that.
-home warranty typically costs around 300-500 dollars. covers the home for 1 year on appliances, electrical, furnace, hot water heater, and a bunch of other stuff. The company we use is very good with paying out too, we just had a client whose furnace crapped out and they paid for a new one (7K) straight up. We pay for it, so included in the fees. Kinda like extended warranty.
-we have two home inspectors that actually know what they are talking about, so much so they often scare our clients with the amount of things they find in EVERY house. But we use them because they've saved more than a few client from undisclosed major issues in houses. We also use the findings to negotiate a little bit better price...
-
if I knew an agent up there that I could recommend I would but honestly I haven't met any up that that I would recommend. Not that I have met very many either... I'll ask my main guy if he knows a good one.

Cheers, Sub