Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 PM

My wife caught her limit of pike on hot dogs one day, outfished me so bad they were jumping out of the hole at her. Seriously - she lost one half way up the hole and in it's panic it jumped right out of the hole into the snow.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM

haha sweet i'm not the only one! but i forgot to mention that my gf hooked a double walleye on a rig not once but TWICE that night at travers. She also landed a 9-12 pd pike outta travers, she could barely pull this thing in and she was using her whole body weight. I was very impressed.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! If my wife see this post I will have to hear about How she has fished circles around me again. But in my defense I spend more time baiting hooks and pulling hooks out of HER fish that I have no time to fish myself. Or at least thats what I tell myself when I try to sleep
Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 AM

I have to admit it, but I would have to say that Danni probably out fish's me 3 of every 4 trips.

But i have the altimate defense. So i loaded the truck, Fuelled up the truck, drove to the lake, drove the boat or set up the ice fishing tent, drilled the holes, tied her leader or swival on, picked the perfect spot, watch the fish finder, manuver the boat with the trolling motor, net her fish.

I would say I'm a pretty damm good GUIDE! and believe me i get paid for it

So how can one expect to do all of this and still be able to catch the most fish.

Dustin

I would rather be outfished, by Danni then not be allowed to go fishing!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM

I take my girlfriend into a few fishing tournaments each year. The second tournament we fished together we won. Day one I caught all our weigh fish, and day two she caught three of our four weigh fish. I do all the driving and tying of hooks, and she fishes harder and with more concentration than most serious guys I have fished with. I make sure she is on bottom and that her drag is good, and I am ready to net fish. Chris K