Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM

Default Pine Coulee Today

Did the weekly fishing trek this aft to Pine Coulee. Lots of water on the lake but got on it with the shack ok. Caught 10 Burbot and 3 wallys tonite. Many misses as well. Caught our biggest burb of the year tonite as well and when filleting I checked its big fat belly and it had 8 smelts inside. It must have robbed a lot of fisherman over the weekend I would guess. It was all in all a pretty good day.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM

What part of PC had water on it, the boat launch or bridge area? I've never seen any burbs bigger than the hammer handles (although burbs are more like clubs ), how big was yours?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Smile

Fished pine coulee yesterday by the bridge the whole lake has water on the ice. Anywhere from a skif to 4 inches alot of it drained off towards evening. Caught a few small ling and five walleye what a friggin mess on the ice ( Hook packs, Old fires, Fish carcasses, Chunks of wood ) cleaned up some of it never had a shovel to pack ashes of the ice so they are still there. The way the ice was melting doubt you'll be able to get on for much longer. Be wary of driving out by the boat launch I walked out there and there was about a 2 inch wide crack with water gushing up through it. I was surprised at how much flow there is under the ice by the bridge first time I fished there we put the camera down and there was alot of stuff moving by the screen.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Default PC

We always fish the boat launch area then a bit to the south. Most are of the hammer handle size but several yesterday were bigger than usual and one was monster size for that lake. Looked more like the ones we haul out of CV. Ice was a bit softer drilling but still lots of it. Looked at the long range weather and some real cold stuff coming for weekend and next week so that should extend things better.