Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 07:34 PM

Default that's nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post

If you can carry a Kukhuri downtown, in a bank, in a library, in the post office, in Tim Horton's and nobody raises an eyebrow. Yes it is in plain view, but not seen as a threat. Why is that?

Because you don't pull it out for no reason and 'play with it'. Same with Open Carry. IMHO
I've played with a Kukhuri in a hospital. Once.
And even managed to drop it onto the floor. d'oh.
There were four others in the room and nobody got excited.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
In other words you are a self admitted troll, with nothing better to do than be a PITA to the grownups?
In your words perhaps.

I'm not the one who resorts to making things personal first though.

Discuss ideas, not the people expressing those ideas and you may come off as a grownup yourself.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sad. You two attacking me in PM's. Demanding personal information. Attacking me in threads does not help keep this debate fun and lively. It is disappointing you feel the need to attack me and Wild rather than just ignoring the thread. You two both sharing confidential information from a PM on an open forum shows you both cannot be trusted by others and are skirting the rules.

- Posting private messages anywhere on the forum is against forum rules.

Do us all a favor and be nice. A classic ploy in bullying is when bullying doesn't work for you is to start shouting the other guy is the bully. It is just another attempt by some people to stifle disagreement when they primarily have emotion to fall back on.

Mods. Please note I will not engage these two again. Please don't shut down the thread.
If you have any evidence that forum rules were broken, then bring on the MODS. I doubt you have any evidence, makes you a troll.

Will you apologize for being a troll, I doubt it.

All you do is sit at your key board, stir up trouble, refuse to debate but argue and abuse any one that disagrees with you. Your way is the way of a TROLL.

Your presence on this forum I think is why some people avoid this site.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
In your words perhaps.

I'm not the one who resorts to making things personal first though.

Discuss ideas, not the people expressing those ideas and you may come off as a grownup yourself.
So you self admit to trolling. But when called on your self admitted trolling persona, it's a "personal" attack?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
As a generalization, yes the USA has more crime than Canada.

Until you look at the INDIVIDUAL STATES that have CCW/OCW Laws.

Those states have LESS CRIME than Canada... especially violent crime.(Texas, Montana etc)

Now, the states with no CCW/OCW Laws have crime rates that are 4-12 times what the CCW/OCW states are . (California Wash DC etc)

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr

A comparison of Houston TX. and Chicago Il.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Houston-Texas.html
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Illinois.html

Houston had less murders and rapes, but far more robberies, burglaries, assaults, thefts...

not quiet the 4-12 margin you're describing.

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
So you self admit to trolling. But when called on your self admitted trolling persona, it's a "personal" attack?
disp**** and crook lover comments did not originate from me.

I wouldn't call what I'm doing trolling. Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate to hone your approach to trying to convince the rest of the nation to accept the ccw or oc initiatives.

If you consider that without practice in a debate you would be less likely to succeed in convincing others of your position.

I'd also like to point out you're not discussing the ideas at all at this point and haven't for the last few posts. Instead you're engaging me in this petty quibbling. Who is trolling?

Now if I was trolling, I'd be asking about coming to look for wild mushroom on your place next spring

Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
If you have any evidence that forum rules were broken, then bring on the MODS. I doubt you have any evidence, makes you a troll.

Will you apologize for being a troll, I doubt it.

All you do is sit at your key board, stir up trouble, refuse to debate but argue and abuse any one that disagrees with you. Your way is the way of a TROLL.

Your presence on this forum I think is why some people avoid this site.
Some people avoid this site because whenever a discussion or debate gets good, those who feel like their opinion is threatened resort to name calling.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
But the problem still persists. I get what you're saying, but carrying a handgun when faced with these problems is like being the little dutch boy, running out of fingers and toes to plug the holes.

you see this issue boils down to two distinct and valid positions.
protecting yourself from harm and preventing others from needlessly harming others
See how easy that was to find a solution ....

You find a way to completely eliminate crime and guarantee me 100% that a side arm will Never be needed to be used as a possible tool in my defence...

I in return will conceed that I have no need to carry a sidearm and possibly endanger the public...

I can't agree with your comparison of Liberal vs Conservative policy though. While the conservatives have been pushing for a tougher on crime policy, the Liberals still favor a Hug a Thug so to speak approach ... Further more, when they finally realize that the Liberal red book has no magic cure for mental illness, or way to keep Criminals from being Criminals, they impose further restrictions on the law abiding section of society to make it appear that they are doing something.... Even if it accomplishes nothing...
Old 01-03-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Some people avoid this site because whenever a discussion or debate gets good, those who feel like their opinion is threatened resort to name calling.
Did you answer any of the questions I posed?

Didn't think so......

Just whined about being called a troll after you claimed to be a troll.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Closed Thread