Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM

Thumbs up Hot ice fishing spots?

I live near Lacombe , where can I take my 2 boys(ages 3 and 11) ice fishing with a reasonable chance of catching something? Species is irrelevant. I just need some action to keep them interested. I have all the necessary equipment and licenses. Any tips on locations,bait etc would be greatly appreciated. Getting real tired of getting skunked!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

if you want more responses post this on the fishing forum. Just a few I can think of would be Mameo beach on pigion lake, fish the drop off for walleye and pike. lots of guys like gull, though I've never fished there. Mound red is good in the summer but probably a waste of time this late in the winter as it is quite shallow. there is another little trout pond called Nugent I think that is north of rimby, good in the summer but I've never ice fished it but it seemed like it might be deep enough to have some fish over winter. Very clear water in the summer so maby its spring fed. Post this in the fishing section and you will probably get better suggestions.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Suspended User

Been hearing a few reports of decent catches on the east side of Gull north of Degraff's.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 AM

try Ontario