Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Mountain I wonder how you say
GO OILERS GO

IN FRENCH???
Given their deep love of all things Alberta, I'd say....

Non Huile Non!

The Oil ain't moving, period, end of story.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
All I can say is that Edmonton had better find a way to build that new Arena.
We cant lose the Oilers..
Very true, we would then be no different than Manitoba and Sask. -Without a professional hockey team.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Very true, we would then be no different than Manitoba and Sask. -Without a professional hockey team.
Easy now Mountain.. A win tonight puts us 3 points out of the playoffs and 4 points out of first.

Honestly though I am just trying to find a reason to get excited about the 1/4 share season tickets I have. Disapointing year to say the least.

Jamie
Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Mountain I wonder how you say
GO OILERS GO

IN FRENCH???

Man is ownership ever putting the feet of Edmonton city council to the fire.

All I can say is that Edmonton had better find a way to build that new Arena.
We cant lose the Oilers.. WHo would we in the South HATE HATE HATE!!!

Well that and if you get a Arena.. So will we!!

NHL Hockey is to big to lose. Do not become Winnipeg of the north!

Jamie
No actually you wont get an arena if we get one,,,, if we get one its because of creative ways of funding not federal money...also the Oilers are just comparing funding models not threatening any move....
Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned

Wow. Pretty embarrassing game tonight for the Flames. Nice to see Raymond get a hat trick in front of friends and family.
The last 5 minutes was almost like watching the Harlem Globetrotters.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
No actually you wont get an arena if we get one,,,, if we get one its because of creative ways of funding not federal money...also the Oilers are just comparing funding models not threatening any move....
Provincial funding my friend. No way in heck does our present Gov give something that big to ED and not to Calgary. Not with how they stand in the polls and all.

As for not threatining to move.. You honestly believe they met and it was made public in order to compare Arena ideas. I promise you this was a set up. Just a little bigger nudge to the City and the Province.

You guys will get your Arena and so will we. If not, you will not have a NHL team. We wont either. But thats a few year behind you.

Jamie
Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Woooo!!! Oil win for the first time in 7 years in montreal. The kids are exceeding the hype.

The inevitable Calgary experience is going to be very painful..........
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 PM

LOVELYYYY VICTORY FOR MY NUCKS TONIGHT....7-2 shalacking!!! Blackpheasant...1-0 in the who gets to wear the jersey this summer contest
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
LOVELYYYY VICTORY FOR MY NUCKS TONIGHT....7-2 shalacking!!! Blackpheasant...1-0 in the who gets to wear the jersey this summer contest
Woooo! The gay guy is back. Glad to see ya representin'!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 PM

Not what your wife said :O jkjk Don't be hating because your team is dead last...AGAINNN.... Look up the definition of epic fail...bam Oilers picture
Old 12-02-2010, 02:23 PM

I really enjoyed both of the games last night but I the second one made me especially happy.

Every time that the Canucks beat the Flames it's like Christmas to me, except without Aunt Freda's horrible jello casserole. I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I've stopped smiling all day.

Last edited by hunt_and_fish; 12-02-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: needed another smiley face
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Man even the most die hard Flamer couldn't help but be impressed with the Kids tonite..especially the the 2 goals by Hall....geez are we tied with the Powerhouse Flames now??????
Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Man even the most die hard Flamer couldn't help but be impressed with the Kids tonite..especially the the 2 goals by Hall....geez are we tied with the Powerhouse Flames now??????
haha. I would not be proud to be tied with my flames right now. sweet jeebus its gonna be a long winter.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
haha. I would not be proud to be tied with my flames right now. sweet jeebus its gonna be a long winter.
It's gonna be a long FEW winters!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
It's gonna be a long FEW winters!
It may have to be in order to get out of this mess.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
It may have to be in order to get out of this mess.
Watch for something to happen next week after the Hawks get done with 'em. Darryl has made ed stelmach look highly competant over the past couple of seasons. In fact, I believe our old friend ~Highoctane~ would have done a better job.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
In fact, I believe our old friend ~Highoctane~ would have done a better job.
Sutter has been brutal over the past year or so (I would even say he's resembled Mike Milbury)...but let's not get too carried away.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
There's no debating that there are some young kids there with real potential. The Oil still have some pretty big gaps to fill in my opinion (a big center and another top pairing D to start) but that team is sure a lot more enjoyable to watch this year. Plus, they're probably going to get a decent draft pick nest summer. Maybe not a top 5 though. Lots to look forward to, that's for sure.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM

so the CBC was all excited about featuring a 3D game this weekend. That is until the flames went and upped them. Their 5D powerplay was sure something else..........
Old 12-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
so the CBC was all excited about featuring a 3D game this weekend. That is until the flames went and upped them. Their 5D powerplay was sure something else..........
Good to see you have kept your sense of humor through it all!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Good to see you have kept your sense of humor through it all!!!!
LOL. I have given up on being serious about them. might as well have fun with it now.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
LOL. I have given up on being serious about them. might as well have fun with it now.
Let us hope they start a correct re-build!!! Nugent Hopkins to Calgary and maybe Couturier to Edmonton would be nice!!! Then next year we can fight over who finishes low enough for Ryan Murray!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Let us hope they start a correct re-build!!! Nugent Hopkins to Calgary and maybe Couturier to Edmonton would be nice!!! Then next year we can fight over who finishes low enough for Ryan Murray!!!
I was actually just doing some research on them. Seems like couturier would be the better off the bat, more physically mature. But is seems nugent has some pretty crazy skills and a great playmaker. both top end centermen, which is what the doctor ordered.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I was actually just doing some research on them. Seems like couturier would be the better off the bat, more physically mature. But is seems nugent has some pretty crazy skills and a great playmaker. both top end centermen, which is what the doctor ordered.
It is worth a trip to Red Deer to watch Ryan. I sure hope he cracks the WJ roster. He is a very dynamic player with game breaking skills!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
It is worth a trip to Red Deer to watch Ryan. I sure hope he cracks the WJ roster. He is a very dynamic player with game breaking skills!!!
hopefully in the new year I can get in there for a game. They don't play the tigers there for quite a while. May have to bug some of our suppliers for tix. I hope he does too. Good to see them up against the best of the best. A good test of skill and character.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
hopefully in the new year I can get in there for a game. They don't play the tigers there for quite a while. May have to bug some of our suppliers for tix. I hope he does too. Good to see them up against the best of the best. A good test of skill and character.
I think Med Hat is back there early in the new year. I would be up for a trip down for that game should be a good one as they are very tight in the standings. Saw Med Hat on the weekend in Everett and they are an exciting team.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I think Med Hat is back there early in the new year. I would be up for a trip down for that game should be a good one as they are very tight in the standings. Saw Med Hat on the weekend in Everett and they are an exciting team.
If I happen to go and have a spare ticket I will let you know.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Hey Goober, since the other thread was locked before I had a chance to reply, I felt I'd do it here. (Flames thread Re: Iggy as Captain)

Look, you know how much I respect your knowledge and passion for the game, but I think you are dead wrong about Iggy's leadership ability, and proved it in your own post.

Quote:
Chemistry is a huge thing on any professional team and that is lacking in a big way in Calgary. Edmonton is finally having good chemistry off the ice this year and it shows. They appear to be having fun together!! Team meals are now not done in numerous cliques but as a whole team.
Quote:
This is not happening in Calgary as the players are growing farther apart. On this last road trip on 2 occasions a team dinner was planned by Jarome and a couple other guys only to have nobody want to take part.
Now tell me, how many captains of playoff bound teams cannot get their teammates to participate in team dinners? Frankly, I think that's pathetic.

Yes, Iginla is a fine person and terrific hockey player. Of course he's worn letters throughout his entire hockey life. Unfortunately, in hockey, all too often the most gifted player is given the 'C', and this was something I never personally agreed with. Like previously mentioned, great stats do not a great leader make.

The hockey world seems to think he has some magical aura around him, the the reality is a far different one, and I think that many who have played with the Flames would very quietly agree.

However, this is all moot now, pulling the 'C' should have been done two seasons ago. The benefit to both the player and the organization would likely have been far more positive than negative. I do agree that Darryl has the same general managerial prowess of KLowe, and will not be here for the rebuilding process which should begin in ernest this off season, if not sooner.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and I'm fully aware that I do stand alone on this issue.......
Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Hey Goober, since the other thread was locked before I had a chance to reply, I felt I'd do it here. (Flames thread Re: Iggy as Captain)

Look, you know how much I respect your knowledge and passion for the game, but I think you are dead wrong about Iggy's leadership ability, and proved it in your own post.

Now tell me, how many captains of playoff bound teams cannot get their teammates to participate in team dinners? Frankly, I think that's pathetic.

Yes, Iginla is a fine person and terrific hockey player. Of course he's worn letters throughout his entire hockey life. Unfortunately, in hockey, all too often the most gifted player is given the 'C', and this was something I never personally agreed with. Like previously mentioned, great stats do not a great leader make.

The hockey world seems to think he has some magical aura around him, the the reality is a far different one, and I think that many who have played with the Flames would very quietly agree.

However, this is all moot now, pulling the 'C' should have been done two seasons ago. The benefit to both the player and the organization would likely have been far more positive than negative. I do agree that Darryl has the same general managerial prowess of KLowe, and will not be here for the rebuilding process which should begin in ernest this off season, if not sooner.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and I'm fully aware that I do stand alone on this issue.......
I guess the bottom line no matter how you look at it is that it is hard to soar with the eagles when you work with a bunch of turkey's!!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

BOSTON and TORONTO tonight !!! good ole original six!!!

Tags
ducks