Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-10-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Exactly. Hard to do for some people who work during the day and can’t stay on hold indefinitely.

My son (who works in construction) was able to get through on one of his sick days. In his case two things had happened - The process took so long that the credit card used for payment expired. Also, the cost had gone up, so it was waiting for payment. The whole process has taken over a year.

The web portal didn’t have any information about this, nor did it provide an opportunity to update the payment information due to the type of application.

Thankfully the agent whom he contacted was able to clear it up and was very professional and helpful. It’s in the Alberta CFO’s office’s hands now.
This makes zero sense. He must have applied manually. My CC was charged immediately upon application online.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:39 PM

Well it's off and in the ionisphere. It kicked out my photo a couple of times, then the electrons figured I wasn't giving up and they relented and off it went. Hopefully it comes back in time.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
This makes zero sense. He must have applied manually. My CC was charged immediately upon application online.

Yes, in his instance he had to apply on paper due to the type of application he was making.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That is beyond ridiculous at this point, they could increase the capacity of the system, to allow people to comply with their legislation but they choose not to. A person would have to be pretty naive to believe that the backlog is not by design, to make it difficult for firearms owners. One good thing about being on a range executive, is that we have always been able to contact the Alberta CFO in short order, even outside of normal business hours.
I totally agree.
When you call, it says they are receiving higher than normal call volume, tells you to call back later, then hangs up.
I have a contact that emailed me from CFP, I'm trying to get an extension to someone direct to resolve this. I'm not desperate, yet.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:48 PM

I have been waiting for over a year now. I have probably called every month and get the same answer that “it’s with the cfo”. I applied 6 months before it expired and now the 6 month extension doesn’t apply anymore. I am stuck not being able to do anything.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:48 PM

I had no trouble at all with mine. My photo is terrible but it went through and my new card came in about 4 weeks. I hope everyone understands that the PAL is the one thing that gun owners should all agree on. I don't mind so much if it is a little bit hard to get a license to own a gun but after that, leave us alone. People with a PAL are not the problem. The guns owned by people with a PAL are not the problem.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:02 AM

I have the possession and acquisition licence for both restricted and non restricted.
Do I have to show proof of membership to a gun club like previous years?
Mine has expired, and was curious if I should get a new membership before I start the online renewal.
Thanks.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjay View Post
I have the possession and acquisition licence for both restricted and non restricted.
Mine has expired, and was curious if I should get a new membership before I start the online renewal.
Thanks.

You can PM me some specifics since I’d advise against hanging anymore potentially dirty laundry in public.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 01-19-2023 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I’m pretty sure that since you let your POL expire, and since it never got written up to a PAL through a timely renewal, you’ll be taking the CFSC, and CRFSC and doing the slow wait for your new Licence.
You also do realize you could be sitting in contravention of sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code right now…..

You can PM me some specifics since I’d advise against hanging anymore potentially dirty laundry in public.
Dick I think the guy has an RPAL and is wondering if he needs a valid range membership before renewing his RPAL.. I may be wrong but that’s how I interpret it.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Dick I think the guy has an RPAL and is wondering if he needs a valid range membership before renewing his RPAL.. I may be wrong but that’s how I interpret it.
I swear I saw POL referenced!

There are no absolutes
Old 01-19-2023, 12:24 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks.
Quote:
I’m pretty sure that since you let your POL expire, and since it never got written up to a PAL through a timely renewal, you’ll be taking the CFSC, and CRFSC and doing the slow wait for your new Licence.
You also do realize you could be sitting in contravention of sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code right now…..

I actually did my FAC way back in 1996 pre-RPAL/PAL, had it for 5 years and never renewed. Then just this past year (2022) I wanted to get my RPAL so I called the RCMP and asked what I needed to do. They told me that all I had to do was re-apply because the course I took in 1996 still qualifies for todays RPAL requirements and they still had a record of it on file from my initial FAC. So in January I submitted a new application for an RPAL and I got it in my hands 3 months later... Done.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 01-20-2023, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Thats correct, its my gun club membership thats expired.

Wasnt sure if they needed that when I do my renewal for my RPAL or not.
I didnt see any mention of it on the licence renewal checklist on their website.

Just want to have all the documments before I start the renewal..

Thanks
Old 01-20-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Thats correct, its my gun club membership thats expired.

Wasnt sure if they needed that when I do my renewal for my RPAL or not.
I didnt see any mention of it on the licence renewal checklist on their website.

Just want to have all the documments before I start the renewal..

Thanks
There is no way of attaching your range membership to an online renewal.
Once you have your reference number from the online renewal, email the provincial CFO your range membership, with the reference number and you’re licence number in the email.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-20-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Once you have your reference number from the online renewal, email the provincial CFO your range membership, with the reference number and you’re licence number in the email.
Perfect, Thanks alot.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Is this mandatory or a snag that causes a delay?

I just sent my renewal off the other day but didn't even think about range membership. Come to think of it, it wasn't required to get your rpal. I believe it only came into play as a requirement when you buy your 1st restricted.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:25 PM

I’m pretty sure they are not asking for a range membership when you buy your first restricted. Whenever I have went to renew my RPAL I’ve always just emailed the CFO a copy of my membership with my license number wrote on it.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:02 AM
Banned

Did mine online at the beginning of Dec
Was in the mail today
Old 01-30-2023, 10:09 AM

Default still waiting

I applied on October 6 /22 to be sure I did not expire at the end of April 2023.
Mine has not arrived and the useless info website only tells you to check back later.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:47 AM

My brother's PAL expires in August so he applys for renewal in May. Still waiting. He called last week and they told hin 2 to 8 weeks more.

(I don't think these people could organize a drunk in a brewery with a company gold card)
Old 01-31-2023, 12:18 PM

Default CC charged and rienbursed

My son did the PAL renewal online,paid the fee's by CC,the day after he paid and filled out the info,the RCMP reinbursed his CC full refund,he called countless times to ask what the deal was,then after 6 plus months of waiting,the RCMP called and said his PAL was in jepordy of being cancled,he sent proof of refund,they asked him to reaply,he recieved his new PAL this week.The system is a joke.Becareful and watch your CC balance and stay in top of the renewal.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Mine expires in the summer. Just renewed it today. Took five minutes online.
It arrived today.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:57 PM

Default Application date?

Quote:
It arrived today.
When did you submit your renewal?
Old 02-21-2023, 05:41 PM

Jan 6