Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Default Kinnaird Update

Spend the last five days at Kinnaird Lake. Beautiful lake in wilderness setting. It was well worth the 3.2 km hike dragging the boats in and 5 km Jackson Lake to Kinnaird campsite. Found good perch and walleye aplenty, only disappointment was pike average very small which seemed strange for a lake with such good forage and low pressure. Perch were very aggressive and walleye generally hitting very light, preferring jig and leach/minnow static just off bottom.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM

We fished kinnaird last weekend, and it was good, not like last year but a good 40 fish a day
Old 06-15-2008, 09:46 PM

wheres kinniard lake?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Default re. where's Kinnaird?

It is located in Lakeland Provincial park, about 1/2 hour east of Lac la Biche. Hike or quad access only.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM

Sound like you guys had a good trip!!! How is fishing off shore at those lakes in the park?? I may head in there on friday but have no boat. Is blackett a good choice or am I better to venture all the way upto kinnaird??

Thanks in advance

Barbwire
Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2bout View Post
It is located in Lakeland Provincial park, about 1/2 hour east of Lac la Biche. Hike or quad access only.

It is a 1/2 hr from L.L.B. to the trail head and depending if you quad in it is about another 1/2 from there to the lake or if you walk in it is close to an hr walk.

Quote:
Sound like you guys had a good trip!!! How is fishing off shore at those lakes in the park?? I may head in there on friday but have no boat. Is blackett a good choice or am I better to venture all the way upto kinnaird??

If you don't have a boat you won't be traveling from Blacket to Kinnard. The trails either come in to Jackson on one end or Blacket on the other with Kinnard in the middle.