Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2017, 10:21 PM

Default Williston Lake, McKenzie BC boat rental?

Any leads on how I might rent a boat for the first full week of August on Williston Lake, McKenzie BC?
Old 06-14-2021, 07:33 PM

Williston is not a lake you want to be on if you have no experience on the lake, big water or boating in general.

It is a lake full of logs, deadheads, sandbars and fluctuating water levels. It blows like an SOB here and when it blows, the lake gets crazy, ocean crazy.

McKenzie is a dying town and trying to find a boat rental will be tough. I don't remember any back when we used to visit the town.

But the fishing is amazing!! And the scenery is second to none! The north west side of the lake or the Peace reach are both great places to visit

You can try this place
http://www.williston-lake.com/?page=summer-activities

Cheers

SS
Old 06-16-2021, 11:33 AM

I moved to Mackenzie (as a kid) in the early 90's and left when I graduated in 2001.

I cannot recall a boat rental place anywhere near Mackenzie and I would be surprised if anything was in place now.

One of the best trips I did while I lived up there was up the Peace arm from Finlay Bay in a 16' Lund with my dad and another father/son.

We tented as we went. Amazing scenery. Caught Dolly's along the way.

The lake can get crazy in a hurry and there are so many deadheads. Sitkaspruce has the right info.

I can honestly say that I did not fully appreciate what that place had to offer in terms of the outdoors. I took advantage, just not near enough.