Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Default Sask Fishing Trip

Well this has been talked about a little bit already but wanted to get everyone's opinion: This June my two brothers and I would like to take a fishing trip to Sask for some pike/walleye action. I have fished a lot of lakes but certainly not everywhere. Was wondering if anyone knows which lake is better, Dore or Tobin? We would be looking for cabin & boat rentals and of course, the best fishing we can get. We would be willing to go elsewhere as well, if they have the amenities and is no more than 7 hours form Edmonton. Any suggestions fellas? Much appreciated.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:10 AM

why not go to Meadow lake and not limit yourself to 1 lake. if you were to rent a cabin say on peirce lake, you would be within 60 kms of 20 lakes that hold walleye and pike in a very fishable population. and its close to EDM.

same scenario if you were to get a cabin in Loon lake and fish Makwa and surrounding lakes.

just my 2 cents cause that is what I would do
Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 AM

I'm curious of this as well, I will be towin my boat with me if that changes anything. Lookin to get into some good walleyes more than anything.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM

Tobin or codette for a great chance at 10 lb plus eyes.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
why not go to Meadow lake and not limit yourself to 1 lake. if you were to rent a cabin say on peirce lake, you would be within 60 kms of 20 lakes that hold walleye and pike in a very fishable population. and its close to EDM.

same scenario if you were to get a cabin in Loon lake and fish Makwa and surrounding lakes.

just my 2 cents cause that is what I would do

Thanks Brock, Im not too familiar with the lakes in that region aside from Pierce but do they all have lodges and rentals? I have been to Pierce the last 2 may long weekends in a row and found the fishing to be quite slow. We pounded the lake but didn't have much volume. Caught one laker close to 20 but that was a freak thing, even the people at the lodge said they hadn't seen a fish that big out of that lake in years. It was a pic, we released that big girl. Likely wouldnt go back to Pierce, the lodge is excellent and the lake is nice and deep but fishing, at least at that time of year was not good enough. Do u have any more info on the meadow lake region? Im interested, and thanks!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrance Fishburn View Post
Thanks Brock, Im not too familiar with the lakes in that region aside from Pierce but do they all have lodges and rentals? I have been to Pierce the last 2 may long weekends in a row and found the fishing to be quite slow. We pounded the lake but didn't have much volume. Caught one laker close to 20 but that was a freak thing, even the people at the lodge said they hadn't seen a fish that big out of that lake in years. It was a pic, we released that big girl. Likely wouldnt go back to Pierce, the lodge is excellent and the lake is nice and deep but fishing, at least at that time of year was not good enough. Do u have any more info on the meadow lake region? Im interested, and thanks!
PM me ill help you out
Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 PM

Tobin is amazing - PM me if you want more detailed gossip.