Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-07-2017, 02:50 PM

Default Looking for info,fishing buddy

Looking to find out if anyone ice fishes the 6 lakes area and if anyone would be interested in a trip. Have all gear,shack,heater,auger,scoops,etc. Hoping to find someone as obsessed as myself with monster pike that has fished up there before. Can't seem to find info as to whether you can fish there or not.Planning a trip on Feb 11th, 2017. If six lakes is a no go,will go back to Winefred.I should probably mention that I'm in Fort Mcmurray.

Last edited by Rick68; 02-07-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Looking for someone to go fishing with on cold lake any day next week, or any other time can make it work. I have a pop up tent, heater and auger. Too big of a lake for me to be heading out alone
Old 02-14-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
Anyone want to hit some reservoirs for Pike on Monday? Something within a couple hours of Calgary? Pm...
Hey,
Not sure if you'll be out this week but I'm looking for a fishing buddy who is available on a regular basis. Let me know if you're interested. A couple hours from Calgary is perfect.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2017, 01:11 PM

Posting for fishermen i meet him tfh have all gears just bring bait will meet or pick up please call 780 3722482 cheerss
Old 02-20-2017, 04:07 PM

Default Gull lake anyone?

Just checking to see if anyone is heading to gull or sylvan next weekend and would like some company? I'm in Airdrie. Trying to get as much fishing in before end of season as I can, thanks!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:57 PM

Anyone fishing this weekend and want some company? Pm if interested (I'm in Calgary)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Looking for fishing partner

Hi Guys!

Normally i go pike fishing in Holland, but now i'm staying in Banff for a while i would like to try ice fishing.
So if you're going and want some company, i will bring some beers and chip in for fuel or whatever and make it a good day!

Cheers! you can text me if that's easier.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Anybody going to rattlesnake tomorrow Feb 5 i have an empty seat in my truck or could meet out there i have all the gear tent an fire pot for the sausage
Old 03-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Looking for anyone that goes kayak fishing! looking to chat and see what works and when would I need
Old 03-31-2017, 03:33 PM

anyone like hiking into mountain lakes or other hike in areas for trout ?
Old 04-23-2017, 12:44 PM

I may have an opening the 2nd week of July in Prince Rupert, 1 buddy cancelled and I have the cabin booked for 2 weeks.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
anyone like hiking into mountain lakes or other hike in areas for trout ?
Love it, what type of hikes do you plan on doing this season?
Old 04-23-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I may have an opening the 2nd week of July in Prince Rupert, 1 buddy cancelled and I have the cabin booked for 2 weeks.

Somebody has to snatch this up, I would but we will already be there with family. If anything Ken, it would be nice to share some intel.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakoda boater View Post
Somebody has to snatch this up, I would but we will already be there with family. If anything Ken, it would be nice to share some intel.
Please get ahold of me! Always nice to meet people on the ocean, and there is safety in numbers for sure.
I generally follow the yacht club, but depending on how flat the water is I am going into Alaska this summer. CAN NOT WAIT!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:

FOUND!!! I have my 2nd week filled again. Woohoo!!!

If buddy cancels I will repost.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Please get ahold of me! Always nice to meet people on the ocean, and there is safety in numbers for sure.
I generally follow the yacht club, but depending on how flat the water is I am going into Alaska this summer. CAN NOT WAIT!
Sound good Ken, glad you have a complete party to share the load!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakoda boater View Post
Sound good Ken, glad you have a complete party to share the load!
Thanks Fred.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Your truck and my boat?

Here's what I'm thinking. Me and the Mrs love lake Koocanusa
SW of Fernie. I'd like to meet another couple(s) that go there to camp and fish...

I use my truck most times to trailer our pontoon boat from The Crowsnest Pass to the lake. It would be great to use your truck from time to time.

If interested, let's plan a meet and great and chat. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:02 PM

Default Kayaking/Fishing NSR West of Edmonton

Anyone interested in kayaking/fishing on the north Saskatchewan river west of Edmonton?
Old 06-04-2017, 10:42 AM

Default Fishing noob

Sun 6/4/2k17.
Was all gung ho and determined to get out and try some fishing in the calgary area.
Set my gear by the door for morning, planned my food, bug net, checked weather blah blah.
Checked a couple sites about fishing. Most posts were literally a few years old.
Sat on computer for 2 hours trying to figure out where to go.
I haven't fished since I was a kid. then did it a couple years ago at some reservoir south of calg (a little too far) with a friend whom has since moved on. Looked and looked. couldn't figure out where to go. I have some gear. My own vehicle. But Ive No one to fish with, and No clue where to go. I was defeated before I started. Sigh.
...Open to suggestions.
~ Grant.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:52 PM

New to fly fishing but have been fishing spincast for years. Would love to meet some other fly fishers who could teach me a trick or two. Realized none of my friends fish so I usually have to fish alone( not terrible but could use some company). Anywho live in the edmonton area, days off fluctuate but I try and get out as often as possible(4times a week usually) 26 years young. Also wouldn't mind fishing with people who spincast

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solominotaur View Post
New to fly fishing but have been fishing spincast for years. Would love to meet some other fly fishers who could teach me a trick or two. Realized none of my friends fish so I usually have to fish alone( not terrible but could use some company). Anywho live in the edmonton area, days off fluctuate but I try and get out as often as possible(4times a week usually) 26 years young. Also wouldn't mind fishing with people who spincast

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
Hey Solo,

I'm from Fort Sask, I'd be game to fish with ya when I'm home (I work camp jobs, so I'm here at random times, but when I am here I fish everyday).

22 years old, baitcast and spincast. Won't let me message you, so feel free to hit me up. I usually go alone or with one or two friends.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:49 AM

Hi,

Looking for someone who likes to trout fish some semi remote spots and check out some of the western streams around Canmore and Bragg Creek. I have a few species Id like to take off my list this year.

Bull, Brown, Brook and Cutty's... Maybe a Artic Graying or two as well.

I usually have every other Tuesday and Thursday off as I work retail but would like to see if anyone is available those days through out the summer?

Cheers and happy fishing!

SUN TZU
Old 06-16-2017, 06:33 PM

I've only been fishing for a little over a year now but I can't get enough. I'm currently living in Red Deer but i'm more then willing to travel to hook into some fish. I spin and fly fish and just started making youtube videos of my days on the water. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2IlNZzvwk
I'd love to learn how to properly fish lakes like Gull, Sylvan or Pine, etc. To read the Rivers and Creeks near me or travel to new places with the hope of catching some fish.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:25 PM

Hey folks!

I've just recently moved to St. Albert and have really enjoyed fishing so far in a few of the stocked trout lakes in the area!

My friend and I would love to find some people who would enjoy doing some shore fishing but if anyone with a boat would like some buddies to tag along for a day on the lake that would be amazing!

My schedule is pretty open at this time, as is my friends.

Happy fishing!
Old 07-03-2017, 03:25 PM

Default I am interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sracette View Post
Anyone fishing this weekend and want some company? Pm if interested (I'm in Calgary)
Hey! If you plan any trip, let me know. I am a new angler. I need company. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM

Default I am available

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPPiNvdUb View Post
Hi,

Looking for someone who likes to trout fish some semi remote spots and check out some of the western streams around Canmore and Bragg Creek. I have a few species Id like to take off my list this year.

Bull, Brown, Brook and Cutty's... Maybe a Artic Graying or two as well.

I usually have every other Tuesday and Thursday off as I work retail but would like to see if anyone is available those days through out the summer?

Cheers and happy fishing!
You can text me at 587-716-4310. I am a new angler and would like to accompanied by someone experienced. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:04 PM

Hey all, I'm planning on doing some evening fishing tonight or perhaps tomorrow depending on the weather. if anyone wanted to meet up I would be totally down to share one of my most secret fishing holes!

I live on the southside but can travel anywhere in the city to meet up. I don't drive myself.

The general area I plan on fishing is kind of close to the University of Alberta (that would be the best meeting spot IMO) and there is a little bit of a climb involved. Nothing major just need to scramble down a bit of a steep hill.

I have caught multiple 20-24" walleye in this area as well as a tank of a pike last weekend that was probably pushing 35". I have pictures on my phone I'm willing to share, haven't quite figured out how to post them here but I can show you when we meet in case you need evidence!

I have mainly been bottom bouncing jigs along the rocks around this spot, so I haven't tried bait here yet. If you do come, we should definitely grab some worms as I have seen Goldeye feeding off the surface in the slack water near this spot.

I plan on staying until after dark. Was probably thinking about leaving the house around 6 to catch the evening bite before darkness hits.

Shoot me a PM or comment on this thread if you're interested!

I have to go back to work now but I will check this thread / my inbox later tonight as I pack up my gear.

Cheers!

PS: I'm re-posting this here as someone directed me towards this sticky thread. I am apparently blind because I totally missed it on my way to posting this before as a new thread. I apologize to the admins!
Old 07-07-2017, 08:58 PM

Hey everyone!

I posted here before but wanted to post again because myself and my friend are looking to do some fishing this weekend!

We would love to fish for some walleye but have unfortunately failed an out of province vehicle inspection and we're a bit stuck. We would be more than happy to pay for gas money for a pick up and drop off and a nice day of fishing!

We're just looking to do some shore fishing, possibly at lake wabamun, the NSR or any other nice wall eye places close to St Albert/North Edmonton.

If anyone is interested in having some friendly folks along for a fun day of fishing send me a PM!

We can also provide lunch and a cooler of non-alcoholic drinks!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
Hey all, I'm planning on doing some evening fishing tonight or perhaps tomorrow depending on the weather. if anyone wanted to meet up I would be totally down to share one of my most secret fishing holes!

I live on the southside but can travel anywhere in the city to meet up. I don't drive myself.

The general area I plan on fishing is kind of close to the University of Alberta (that would be the best meeting spot IMO) and there is a little bit of a climb involved. Nothing major just need to scramble down a bit of a steep hill.

I have caught multiple 20-24" walleye in this area as well as a tank of a pike last weekend that was probably pushing 35". I have pictures on my phone I'm willing to share, haven't quite figured out how to post them here but I can show you when we meet in case you need evidence!

I have mainly been bottom bouncing jigs along the rocks around this spot, so I haven't tried bait here yet. If you do come, we should definitely grab some worms as I have seen Goldeye feeding off the surface in the slack water near this spot.

I plan on staying until after dark. Was probably thinking about leaving the house around 6 to catch the evening bite before darkness hits.

Shoot me a PM or comment on this thread if you're interested!

I have to go back to work now but I will check this thread / my inbox later tonight as I pack up my gear.

Cheers!

PS: I'm re-posting this here as someone directed me towards this sticky thread. I am apparently blind because I totally missed it on my way to posting this before as a new thread. I apologize to the admins!
I've wanted to fish the North Saskatchewan for a while now! I'm trying to get out as much as possible this summer so let me know the next time you're thinking of heading out.