Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 AM

Default Alberta Relm Down

Can't get anywhere on the site for undersubscribed purchasing - working for anyone else ?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 AM

same for me. "page not available" is what i keep getting told.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM

Working for me. Already done picked up some Antlerless mule deer for my son and I. Just spoke to a friend picked up 2 Antlered moose for Northern AB

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM

Default applied for 2 tags for myself and son

Just confirmed we are entered and charged the $3.19 entry fee for both whitetail does and mulie doe.

sure hope the deer in 151 have bounced back a little from last time we were there.

I was interested in antlered moose as well but none of the WMU's sounded familiar. furthest north I have ever hunted is Manning and think that is 527 so the 560 numbers must be 10 hours from Calgary.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM

Default Working fine

Just signed in and out to check. Still working fine.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Got a calf moose!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 AM

Was painfully slow but got mulie doe and white tail doe but there's really nothing left
Old 08-15-2013, 09:46 AM

I could get in to the site at 9am....but it wouldn't let me get to the undersubscribed page. By the time it let me at 9:15am....the tags we wanted were gone.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Default Wtf

I have been on the phone and computer since 9 AM, it is now 9:49, I can not get through, shows "no applications for this season"
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM

Default Theory?!?!?

I was drawn for two special licenses this year and wanted to check what was undersubscribed in the area, for when I am there (twice). I can not get in, and I have fast fingers on the re-dial and computer. I am theorizing that if one has already received a draw license, or more, they are `BLOCKED for the undersubscribed licenses for an amount of time. Did you all who got through have no, ZERO, special tags drawn this year
Old 08-15-2013, 10:06 AM

I was drawn for cow elk and had no problem getting in to check out all the other draws. 45 mins ago.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
I was drawn for two special licenses this year and wanted to check what was undersubscribed in the area, for when I am there (twice). I can not get in, and I have fast fingers on the re-dial and computer. I am theorizing that if one has already received a draw license, or more, they are `BLOCKED for the undersubscribed licenses for an amount of time. Did you all who got through have no, ZERO, special tags drawn this year
That seems a little high tech for this bare bones government website.

I think the site simply cannot handle all the traffic, and depending on where you are you have more or less server bounces than others.

Depending on location some people may have "direct" line to the site so they weasel in easier. Some of us may get redirects several times depending on how servers and providers are set up. With each bounce, you get 'budged" by others that don't get redirected.

Its just a garbage website running at 1995 performance levels. Such is government.

Looking at the location of you guys, I would guess I am right. People in Calgary are not getting through, while those closer to Edmonton (where the servers are located) are getting in.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM

I must be calling from Australia, I am still not able to access. This is crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post
That seems a little high tech for this bare bones government website.

I think the site simply cannot handle all the traffic, and depending on where you are you have more or less server bounces than others.

Depending on location some people may have "direct" line to the site so they weasel in easier. Some of us may get redirects several times depending on how servers and providers are set up. With each bounce, you get 'budged" by others that don't get redirected.

Its just a garbage website running at 1995 performance levels. Such is government.

Looking at the location of you guys, I would guess I am right. People in Calgary are not getting through, while those closer to Edmonton (where the servers are located) are getting in.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
I must be calling from Australia, I am still not able to access. This is crazy!
Neither can I. I am in Calgary. i am not expecting to get anything at this point, but I'll keep trying anyway.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:13 AM

Default Service Provider

I am now wondering if the service provider you have for internet access may be a factor!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM

Did anyone get through on the phone line before 9:30?

I think the line was closed until 9:30 when I told them to turn it on.

It is working now.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Default Does not make sense.....

I can log off and log back on almost instantly, but I can not access the Undersubscribed Licenses. Again, makes no sense!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Default Stange

I notice I can move between areas on the AlbertaRELM site, with a bit of hesitation, but not much - in electronic terms. But when I hit the RETREIVE button on the Undersubscribed Applications site, it is a instantaneous rejections. I wonder if a SHAW programmer changed something when it comes to accessing this area of this website. Let the conspiracy theorist abound.......
Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 AM

Default Can not access!

What an F'en joke, I do not know what is happening, other than my computer can access everything except the Undersubscribed Applications information. I am overdue for an appointment and can no longer bang my head against the wall.......I AM OUT OF HERE!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Desk top wouldn't open any purchasing pages for 15 mins after 9am. Luckily the iPhone could chug through!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM

Default confused

I got in right away at 9 AM and it went to a confirmation page after I paid the $3. to apply for each undersubscribed draw but advised me to check back in 24 hours to see if we were successful. On here I am reading "they were all gone by the time I got in or we got such and such"

How would one application result in a successful application for undersubscribed and we were told to check back in 24 hours. I thought the list was only updated once at night so how does anyone know so early today that some tags are sold out already.??
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Is it their system or your system. Here are some factors connection, hardware, software, processor, or operator. ooops was able to do it in 10 minutes.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Default Alberta realm sucks

Have to admit. Sat on hold from 0903 to 09:33. Hate to say it but it is a **** poor site and had no luck getting my tag and the lady was far from helpful. Really lost a lot of faith in our system. But hey its just my opinion and you know what opinions are
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
I got in right away at 9 AM and it went to a confirmation page after I paid the $3. to apply for each undersubscribed draw but advised me to check back in 24 hours to see if we were successful. On here I am reading "they were all gone by the time I got in or we got such and such"

How would one application result in a successful application for undersubscribed and we were told to check back in 24 hours. I thought the list was only updated once at night so how does anyone know so early today that some tags are sold out already.??

I imagine they could have underestimated the total volume they were going to get at 9 am? I was able to get through. Now I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the system is mostly computerized now. Therefore, they can tell relatively quickly, what sort of numbers they have left. Now with the whole system, maybe being pushed, the system slowed right down. Therefore, multiple people that were getting through, were also purchasing the "same" allocated tags, at the "same" time. Maybe this is why you received that 24 hour notice? I also do think that they have to upgrade the system soon. Wait until tonight to see what sort of feedback we're going to here from everyone else. Something has to be addressed in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM

I got in at 0900, got a bull moose, going through the credit card part, got booted out, signed in again, said there were transactions pending to pay for, hit that link and just got errors, signed out, signed in again, now no waiting transactions, got a moose tag again going through the final credit card part, and bang Red letter message, undersubscribed tag no longer available. missed it by a hair!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:46 PM

Default steeleyes

I am just not seeing a live inventory anywhere that is updated as tags are purchased yet some people feel they got a deer, moose etc tag?
I am hopeful since we applied for 2 of 70 tags at 9:05 in 151 we should get them but others seem sure they got them or have determined that the tag they are applying for is no longer available and I am wondering where the live inventory of available tags is being updated in case I am not in the right place. I was applying on line at albertarelm but the inventory of tags on Mywildalberta has not changed since what was available at 9 AM august 15th. should I be looking somewhere else for an up to date number of remaining tags.
thanks Rob
Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM

Default Now what ?

Ok - this may be a really dumb question -

I was able to buy two undersubscribed draws - ( $3.40 each ) for a deer and an elk.

Now what?

Do I have to go and purchase the full tag or am I now entered into another dumb draw and have to fight with a website again ?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM

I checked undersubscribed draws on albertarelm this morning and my son and I were both successful in gettting wt and mulie doe tags in 151.

the $3. enters you into the draw to get undersubscribed but you wont know if you got it for sure until you go back into relm 24 hours later.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM

The Website says

Undersubscribed special licences are available on a first-come first served basis. You must first reserve the licence by purchasing an undersubscribed application. Starting the next business day, you can confirm your application has been authorized by clicking on Undersubscribed Applications under 'My Info'.