Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Default Happy remaining single

I’m 64 , divorced since 1997, have had 2 relationships , the last one ended over 5 years go, due to her heavy drinking, since then I have dated a few women , but nothing serious, some of my single friends and myself included have pretty well given up on meeting that Special lady , and we often say, “ the longer I’m single the more I like it” ,

, I’m curious if there are other guys like myself , happy just remaining single ,
Old 02-12-2019, 12:03 PM

When I parted from ex few years back "didnt mind being alone, it was being lonely I could not stand" I have been with present wife for almost 15 years, actually preferred both ladies company. It took dating almost 20 ladies before found right one. Need to realize you are shopping in the "Used Car lot" not in the showroom where Farah Fawcett is on display. PS You are also a used pick-up in the back lot. Watch the Saturday Night ladies they do not make good wives!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:51 PM

"both ladies company"

at once?????
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM

Been single for over 3 years, divorced about 1.5 years. Everyone is wondering why I don’t date or have the desire to. Honestly at this point in my life it’s easier and I quite enjoy it. I have started some extra schooling, traveled to various countries around the world and met great people around the way, and generally live my life exactly how I want. If I was dating or with someone i could never of had the experiences I have had in the past couple years.

I got a couple young kids so I do have someone to answer to but overall me and my ex co-parent quite well. This time of year I was sad probably the first year after separating but now it’s just relief. I won’t be like this forever, I assume one day I’ll have the desire to be in a relationship but until then I’m goong to be on the couch watching a hockey game or planning my next trip to a faraway country.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlac View Post
Wish you luck.

Edit:
Weird, when I opened this thread the first post date read 2013. Maybe I confused it with PaintEarths join date?? I've seen occasional bugs with the system before so I'm undecided, could have been me (85%) or the system (0.00005% )

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-12-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM

Someone to watch out for eh nivlac?
Old 02-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Banned

I'm 41 and my marriage ended in 2015.

I enjoy being single. I can do what I want, when I want, and how I want.

I can do many things alone, like eating out or going to the movies.

That doesn't mean I don't get lonely. This past Christmas was no exception. That hit me harder than any other time I have been alone at Christmas.

Problem today is being able to stand out on the dating websites. Where the women get overwhelming messages about 100 to 1 and most are guys sending or requesting nudes.

That and relationships having become disposable it's really difficult.
True love is but a mere click away though, so if you suddenly no longer think a person is worth your time you dump them and ghost them and go back online and try again.

So it's that hard now at 41, not sure I am looking forward to the next 20 years or so.

Ahh well.

Seems sex with robots is becoming a thing.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Been single awhile now. I don’t believe I could enter another relationship at this point. I really like the way it is now. Relationships are each person giving in a little to meet on middle grounds with your partner. Quite honestly, I don’t wanna give anything in or have any sort of compromises. I’m almost 50 and want to do what I want, where I want, at what time I want without checking in first. I haven’t enjoyed this much total freedom since the 90’s.
this weekend I may go on a fishing trip, go south and meetup with some buddies, just stay in, or go on some dates. Haven’t decided yet. I almost never make plans. Just fly by the seat of my pants. I’ll decide at the last second. Life is great.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Having some form of support system in place in case things go South seems prudent.

Otherwise-run wild, run free, enjoy the freedom and make choices that serve your interests

After my divorce-I sadly went a little too poon tang happy for a few years and burnt myself out

An ocean in front of me after 30 years of drought
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 PM

Divorced 28 years ago and I lived happily ever after. So used to doing everything myself that I really don't see the reason to have a full time woman around. I look at so many couples I know and very few are what I consider "happily" married.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM

I feel sorry for the young people these days with apps like tinder etc. The perfect person isn't out there but many seem to think they're a swipe away. Married for 31 years and together for 35. Wouldn't change it for the world but if I would have been single all this time, damn would I be rich!!
Old 02-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
When I parted from ex few years back "didnt mind being alone, it was being lonely I could not stand" I have been with present wife for almost 15 years, actually preferred both ladies company. It took dating almost 20 ladies before found right one. Need to realize you are shopping in the "Used Car lot" not in the showroom where Farah Fawcett is on display. PS You are also a used pick-up in the back lot. Watch the Saturday Night ladies they do not make good wives!
Ok, that was funny! I read it to my wife and we both laughed, what you said is so true (used car lot, Farrah, used pickup etc...). Best analogy I've heard in a long time lol!
Old 02-12-2019, 06:45 PM

I also got a laugh out of that used truck in the back lot analogy. Lol!
Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
I feel sorry for the young people these days with apps like tinder etc. The perfect person isn't out there but many seem to think they're a swipe away. Married for 31 years and together for 35. Wouldn't change it for the world but if I would have been single all this time, damn would I be rich!!
Believe me, I'm in my early 20s and it's not easy. I did the Tinder thing for awhile, and it was fun but for sure not a lot of wife material there. I was lucky I met my girl the old fashioned way. Aka we had a class together and I thought she was cute so I asked her to come "study" with me.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Banned

I love being single.
I get to save money, and buy reloading equipment, guns and other fun toys. And I get to hang out with friends anytime, shoot in the gun range anytime, go on vacation anytime.
Love it.

Honestly, with this kind of awesome lifestyle. I wouldn't trade it for being in a relationship with a woman.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
No you wouldn't.....just ask her

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-12-2019, 07:56 PM

There's a lot to be said for 'catch and release'.....

You have to keep in mind that if she's over 40 and out there running around loose, there's a good chance it's because some other guy was sick of her s**t and ran her off.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 PM

Yes-the 40-50 year old dating pool as friendly and wonderful as they appear at first blush seem to be quick to anger and easily triggered to inexplicable rage

Truth in dating, just as it always does in life WILL rise to the top like cream.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Funny comments. The worst part of dating women my age is most of them are starting to look like my aunties.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-12-2019, 08:57 PM

You guys must not know how to pick women......

Heck though, if you think a wife "restricts" your lifestyle, I wouldn't suggest having kids.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:05 PM

People always say to me "don't you get lonely"? I say sure once in a while, but not as lonely and miserable as half the married people I know
Old 02-12-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
You guys must not know how to pick women......

Heck though, if you think a wife "restricts" your lifestyle, I wouldn't suggest having kids.
Most commenting on this are older and did the married life and raised kids and enjoyed doing it. But when that’s all over and you both know you’d be happier doing your thing in life, have atter. Enjoy what you have left in life.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Default Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
People always say to me "don't you get lonely"? I say sure once in a while, but not as lonely and miserable as half the married people I know
As my dear old uncle used to say "It is better to be single, than wish you were "!!
Old 02-12-2019, 09:53 PM

My dear late mother used to say: "Marry in haste and repent at leisure"

We are coming up on Year 37 and for us, it gets better with time!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
I love being single.
I get to save money, and buy reloading equipment, guns and other fun toys. And I get to hang out with friends anytime, shoot in the gun range anytime, go on vacation anytime.
Love it.

Honestly, with this kind of awesome lifestyle. I wouldn't trade it for being in a relationship with a woman.
I get to buy what I want,go where I want,enjoy times with friends,plus I have very nice wife I would never trade in for any material junk.Money is just a means to get by,we all need cash,but it's also nice to know there's other meanings in life.

I enjoy having someone around I trust ,plus it is a joy to have her around.Hell if your staying single to just go to the range,then your better of single.

:s Ha_shakeshout:

Last edited by JD848; 02-12-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Banned

Personally, I have no ambition to stay alone. Kids are almost gone and it's time for Jamie 2.0 A big world out there and I know it will be way more fun with the RIGHT person.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
"both ladies company"

at once?????
He must be Anthony Bandera :s Ha_shakeshout:
Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I'm 41 and my marriage ended in 2015.

I enjoy being single. I can do what I want, when I want, and how I want.

I can do many things alone, like eating out or going to the movies.

That doesn't mean I don't get lonely. This past Christmas was no exception. That hit me harder than any other time I have been alone at Christmas.

Problem today is being able to stand out on the dating websites. Where the women get overwhelming messages about 100 to 1 and most are guys sending or requesting nudes.

That and relationships having become disposable it's really difficult.
True love is but a mere click away though, so if you suddenly no longer think a person is worth your time you dump them and ghost them and go back online and try again.

So it's that hard now at 41, not sure I am looking forward to the next 20 years or so.

Ahh well.

Seems sex with robots is becoming a thing.

Can you recommend a reputable dating site?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 AM
Banned

Hope you are doing great
Old 02-13-2019, 06:23 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Can you recommend a reputable dating site?
Go to the legion......

Might find a sugar momma.....some have a pension or two already and a house all paid for

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...