Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 AM

Default Reverse Terrorism

White man plows van into Muslim worshipers. Things could get ugly, Isis strategy of hatred seems to be winning out.

http://medicinehatnews.com/news/worl...ue-10-injured/

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-19-2017, 06:18 AM
Banned

Anyone surprised?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Things could get ugly, Isis strategy of hatred seems to be winning out.
Is that really a fair conclusion, given that incidents like this one are comparatively rare, and that the attacker appears to be a lone nutcase?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 AM

Reverse terrorism?
That implies there is something called forward terrorism.
Terrorism is terrorism.
It's all ugly, bad, hateful, evil, nasty and cowardly.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Banned

Just a "mentally ill" person. Why is the colour of his skin important to the media now?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:41 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
White man plows van into Muslim worshipers. Things could get ugly, Isis strategy of hatred seems to be winning out.

Actually its payback time not terrorisum.
This guy figures if they can do it to us , then we can do it to them
Old 06-19-2017, 07:43 AM

I'm not part of a "we" that hurts innocent people.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:

ISIS probably planned this one also. Perfect excuse to say they have to retaliate, and gain some support for thier cause. Oldest trick in the book.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 AM

Just as there's no such thing as reverse racism, there's no such thing as reverse terrorism; they are simply racism and terrorism. There is no justification in what that person did, just as there is no justification in what jihadists do. He had no way of knowing what was in those people's hearts & minds, or what they had done in their lives.

It seems also that many people have a short memory, or a memory of convenience as there was the attack on a Mosque just this past January in Montreal where 6 people were killed. How does something 5 months ago in our own nation get forgotten? I think it's because people are callous towards the suffering of groups with whom they can't identify. It's pretty cut and dried that this attacker is just as bad a person as jihadists because he attacked random people. Without being able to identify to 100% certainty if the target of their hate is an active jihadist then one simply cannot justify such an action, they clearly just hate the entire group (its called racism). Heck, even if they knew a person was up to no good (knowledge being way different than suspicion) its certainly not up to them to pursue revenge, there are a myriad of police agencies to officially deal with bad guys. The instant it's OK to run amok committing summary executions then we'll have lost both our society and our humanity. It's the same as that white supremacy group that just popped up in AO's radar last week, hatred painted with a wide roller.

I can't believe people can endorse such an attack and delude themselves to believe that's any different than what the mentally ill and brainwashed among the Muslims (or any other group) who attack western societies do. Evil is evil, there's no justifying it. If someone is attacking by all means defend yourself and others, but for Pete's sake only counter-attack an actual attacker, not people who resemble them or who happen to be similarly pigmented or who might have attended the same place of worship, eaten at the same cafe, shopped at the same store, etc.

When a white person goes on a killing rampage we investigate what drove them to their criminal act, we don't go and kill a bunch of random white people in retaliation because they were in the same identifiable group just to be on the safe side....

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-19-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 AM

The incident is sad. Just like the others have been.

What really boils me is the "white" driver drove through a group of "Muslims"

What is that? It may be the facts but it seems to be front and center to be sensational.

We're the recent attacks titled " brown man drives through group of mixed religion people"?

Again sad. No one should do this crap.

Also, breaking news .... white people can be Muslim too. It always seems like media titles are leading people to believe it's a race thing or what not.
It just so happens most Muslims are Arabic or North African it's not race specific so why bring my in the "white" thing to the discussion.

I shake my head.

Anyway. Everyone have a good day.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Just a "mentally ill" person. Why is the colour of his skin important to the media now?
good question with an obvious answer. Isnt it time for cat to come flying in on his horse and and smash down his authoritarian hammer, to shut down any intelligent debate like a good little social justice warrior?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

Lots of fear and anger toward the Muslim communities all over - and people are surprised by this?

How would you feel if this happened in Canada? Alberta? Calgary or Edmonton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olthreelegs View Post
good question with an obvious answer. Isnt it time for cat to come flying in on his horse and and smash down his authoritarian hammer, to shut down any intelligent debate like a good little social justice warrior?
Intelligent debate. That funny.

Calling Cat a SJW simply isn't fair, the board has rules and agree or not, he needs to follow.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
Actually its payback time not terrorisum.
This guy figures if they can do it to us , then we can do it to them
Classic example of being "part of the problem". Not "part of the solution".

Good troll post. Classic actually. Maybe one of the best this year.

Innocent people are not "they" and "them" in a normal sane person's brain.

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Classic example of being "part of the problem". Not "part of the solution".

Good troll post. Classic actually. Maybe one of the best this year.

Innocent people are not "they" and "them" in a normal sane person's brain.

He's likely right. We are not living life in England, all is quiet here in Canada.

What do you think the solution is? If you can find a way to get everyone together around a campfire eating smores and singing kumbaya, I'm sure the world is all ears.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Lots of fear and anger toward the Muslim communities all over - and people are surprised by this?

How would you feel if this happened in Canada? Alberta? Calgary or Edmonton?
Good question.

My first thought would probably be along the lines of "when will they retaliate".

We have not had a terrorist attack - yet. I believe it is a matter of time. There are known radicals in Calgary.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:

I believe the moderators do depend on feedback from members on this forum?

It was mentioned sometime ago that participation can influence how this forum will go.

But you must measure your participation because you do not know who is taking the pulse.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM

This was not an act of terrorism! There was no political motive, no overarching plan to cow Muslims into submissiom such as ISIS is attempting. This attack was a hate crime, plane and simple! Clearly this individual rose up from the lowest dregs of humanity, the same pool thst spawns all of these types, but to call it terrorism does a great disservice to everyone. Look around, from the South Pacific, Europe, most of Africa, the sub-Continent, Europe... the world is at war! But not fools like this, and to lump him in with the other extremists mocks the very real threat the Islamic State, Al Queda, or whatever name they take next as they adapt.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Self driving cars.

The loss of the freedom to operate your own vehicle.

Provoking one side to lash out at the other side, then our divine government can come in with full force and save us from ourselves.

Those doing the provoking have no side...they want all the sides to destroy each other to the provokers benefit.

Read up on Albert Pike.

Order out of chaos.

I know i know...i need tinfoil...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-162.jpeg (12.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpeg images-117.jpeg (11.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpeg images-50.jpeg (9.4 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by ReconWilly; 06-19-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M70 View Post
I'm not part of a "we" that hurts innocent people.
Me too!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Think your being a little tough on Cat. He ussually stays on sidelines, and even joins in, until things start to really go sideways.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 PM

More spillover from the Isreal vs Middle East conflicts.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
No I just shut down people that try and stir up trouble using troll posts
Cat
Old 06-19-2017, 01:23 PM

I have been wondering when the retaliation is going to happen.

The muslim community must work hard at purging the radicals that take up the ISIS mode and commit the numerous acts of terrorism we have seen recently. They can no longer sit on their hands or turn a blind eye to what is going on within their communities, nor can they stay silent (for fear of tossing a fellow muslim into trouble with police) when the police are looking for information or witnesses.

There is an article by Mubarak (Former Egyptian President) that is an open warning to the muslim world similar to about the above and that the world will turn against them if they fail to act decisively to root out radicalism and terrorism from their midst.

Now in regards to the acts of terrorism, its only a matter of time before they kill the wrong person's child or wife. And that person goes looking for revenge and lays blame at who they think sheltered, educated, raised or radicalized the terrorist that caused them to loose a loved one.

This recent event seems like it is just a quick emotional reaction..........a minor scratch, so to speak, in compare to what an extremely vengeful person can do.

Reverse Terrorism???.....hmmm.......not sure how you can really classify one action as terrorism and another as mental illness. The Orlando gay club shooting is, according to the "Experts", not terrorism.......so this one wouldn't count either using that method of definition.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
He's likely right. We are not living life in England, all is quiet here in Canada.

What do you think the solution is? If you can find a way to get everyone together around a campfire eating smores and singing kumbaya, I'm sure the world is all ears.
I disagree.

Just like all Muslims aren't murderous terrorists so are not all British murderous hate crime people.

Your average person knows, works, plays etc with people who are Muslim. I don't hate them nor blame them for the actions of a tiny tiny minority of power hungry fanatics.

I believe the Muslim community needs to be more proactive and vocal in sending the right message as violence of any kind is wrong and not supported by true followers.

But there is no excuse. Any attempt to suggest "payback" is right is 100% wrong.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I disagree.

Just like all Muslims aren't murderous terrorists so are not all British murderous hate crime people.

Your average person knows, works, plays etc with people who are Muslim. I don't hate them nor blame them for the actions of a tiny tiny minority of power hungry fanatics.

I believe the Muslim community needs to be more proactive and vocal in sending the right message as violence of any kind is wrong and not supported by true followers.

But there is no excuse. Any attempt to suggest "payback" is right is 100% wrong.

You can disagree all you want, doesn't make it any less false.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...bridge-attacks

Quote:
Anti-Muslim hate crimes increase fivefold since London Bridge attacks

The London Bridge attacks have triggered a big spike in hate crimes with a significant amount of them being attacks in the street directed at British Muslims.

Figures released by the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, showed a fivefold increase in Islamophobic attacks since the atrocity at London Bridge on Saturday, and a 40% increase in racist incidents, compared with the daily average this year.

The increase in recorded Islamophic incidents after the London Bridge attacks is greater than it was after the 2013 murder of Lee Rigby and after the 2015 massacre in Paris, two different sets of figures have suggested.

The nature of this rise in hate crime is also different from last year after the Brexit vote, police sources have told the Guardian. Recorded hate crime rose to 54 incidents a day versus a daily average of 38 for 2017, Metropolitan police figures covering London have shown. Recorded crime where an anti-Muslim motive was identified reached 20, while the daily average for 2017 was under four.

The trends are confirmed by figures from Tell Mama, which said 63 incidents were reported to the independent group from Sunday to Tuesday rather than to the police. The figures are indicative; police and community experts believe there is huge under-reporting of hate crimes.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
You can disagree all you want, doesn't make it any less false.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...bridge-attacks
68,000,000 people in Great Britain.

You posting an article showing a large increase in a very low number only proves my point tha an extremely low number of numb nuts think vigilante attacks against innocent people makes sense.

You have to be stone cold stupid to attack strangers over the actions of other strangers.

The fact all faiths are coming together in support shows the great side of human nature.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...sikh-christian

And to restate strongly. There is NO excuse for vigilante attacks on innocent strangers. Crazy to think anyone would think otherwise. It takes an equally sick mind to do that or be a member of ISIS. They are the same in the brain.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Reflect for a moment about how arrogant you sound. You are a non-Muslim. You have probably never read the Islamic scriptures. Yet you presume to know what "true followers" of Islam ought to do and what they ought to think about violence.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but please... if you think "true followers" of Islam ought to do that, then can you at least base your position on the Islamic scriptures? If not then you're just talking out of your butt.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

All sunshine and rainbows eh? Maybe all Londoners should get a bee tatoo.

Religious leaders showing solidarity - while asking the police for more security. Now there's a contradiction in terms.

Dig in a little further. People are sick of it. Lots of white males up on their high horses.

No excuse for vigilante attacks. Try living there Easy to say when you're behind a keyboard in Alberta.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
Reflect for a moment about how arrogant you sound. You are a non-Muslim. You have probably never read the Islamic scriptures. Yet you presume to know what "true followers" of Islam ought to do and what they ought to think about violence.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but please... if you think "true followers" of Islam ought to do that, then can you at least base your position on the Islamic scriptures? If not then you're just talking out of your butt.
2 posts in and you have him figured out already.

Sundance doesn't realize that not all Muslims are equal. In his world, Mujahideen doesn't exist.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post

I have Muslim friends. How about you chat with Muslims before you assume they all believe is hate and violence before you suggest any derrière speak.