Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-26-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dend View Post
So after a hard year and some learning, I wasn't able to connect with a moose. But I did put alot of time in and learned alot about 936. I was able to see a good number of white tails and was able to connect with this little buck.

So now for next year and to decide if and elk tag might be a better draw to make.
Nice deer .

Did you find him with spot and stalk, sitting in a blind, still hunt, or otherwise?
I ask, because I'm going Monday for wt, and haven't seen any while I have a rifle at hand. Naturally, I've seen moose and elk.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck-the-chimp View Post
Nice deer .

Did you find him with spot and stalk, sitting in a blind, still hunt, or otherwise?
I ask, because I'm going Monday for wt, and haven't seen any while I have a rifle at hand. Naturally, I've seen moose and elk.
It's quite a story. But first I have seen wt while sitting in a field 40yards away from bush and a doe walked out 80 yards away. Saw some while walking down main roads on the east side of the park and have seen them in the fields while walking in the fields north of waskahegan. Saw 9 total this year. 3 bucks this one the biggest.

This guy was looking for love so bad he walked almost into me while I was standing. Had to wave my arm slightly to get him to stop. Was walking down a trail and saw him walking towards me mabe 90 yards out. Had a hill in front of me so I couldn't lay down. So found a spot to rest my gun for a standing shot and he walked to about 10 yards and that's when I moved so he would see me. Took the shot and he ran mabe 30 yards and was done.

When I called it in to report the harvest I asked the co how many moose had been taken by tagged hunters. it was 2 out of 15 tags so not a big harvest. This was on the 19. Wished me luck on a double header for the day and I was off for the night. But didn't see anything.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 PM

Default No elk this year

congrats to anyone who got an elk in 936 this year. I went out 11 times in the 20 day season and never even saw one. Did see 6 moose, 8 white tails and one huge mule doe (and 8000 bunnies) and got checked twice by COs. I would love to hear where the elk were found...
Old 11-30-2017, 01:28 PM

According to the Blackfoot Officer I spoke with yesterday when I was reporting my cow elk harvest, the kill was up a lot this year. I didn't get a number but more than recent years. One guy I know put in a lot of miles to get his cow: got it on the last day. I got mine on the first day.