Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 PM

Default NSR weekend trip

I was thinking of going to the NSR this weekend for 2 days if fishing. I'm going to take 2 of my nieces with me. Anyone know whats biting, hopefully walleye, suckers, maybe goldeye, and possibly a sturgeon. I've only ever fished it within the boundaries of Edmonton. Any help would be apprieated.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM

Don't even waste your time. The river is high and dirty. Take them to Pigeon and put them on fish. That is the best place around for kids..
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

Default lol

lol if u know a spot its no so bad lol i was out 1 weeks ago during the week and caught 11 walleye 13 goldeye and 2 pike and one monster fish snapped my line.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 AM

Default !!!

hey bull!!!
i'm not 100% sure if they still do, but in past years the fishin hole had really good maps of the NSR with inner city spots on it!!! may be worth a look!!! good luck if you get out.
cheers, gw
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Hey happy perch fisher,

Can you reveal where where you fishing having so much luck?
I had gone twice right of Hermitage Park, spin casting about 3 hours all I caught were 2 small walleyes.

Cheers.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
-NDN-

lots of places to fish NSR and this time of year is good in the evening, goldeyes are rising to big bushy visible dries on many areas. Science park bend was doing good for goldeyes. Fort Sask areas (many) has been good for walleyes/saugers. havent been able to make it out hardly as much as i would like. Work is just to busy and im cashing in on the extra work on weekends.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Default lol

i went out today and only caught 7 walleye and 4 goldeye and 1 skinney pike and 3 sucker in 3 hours. lol i not going to tell u but if u want to find out your own holes just take a pontoon boat down it i found like 15 holes last time i drifted down from devon to the city.