Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Scouting Antelope

Well headed south to look at some speeders today with DaJimmer. Nothing earth shatering but saw a couple marginal bucks one good buck to far for a photo even if I had a spotting scope adapter the heat waves were wicked any way heres a couple pic's hope you enjoy by the end of the day we counted about 26 bucks mostly 10 - 12 inches as you will see lol and yes some day I will fix that stupid camera date

Old 09-05-2009, 09:05 PM

Real nice pictures, thanks for sharing, October is just around the corner
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Nice pics Donny, good luck.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Nice pics, thanks for sharing....think there's a couple there more than 12"....or big enough for me....Good Luck ...have fun!!!
H
Old 09-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Were you both drawn this year Donny ?? I was drawn for the first rifle season with a friend so I will do a scout the 3rd week of Sept myself.
Thanks for the pics...
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Mmmmmmmmm.

Delicious bastards!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 09-05-2009, 10:03 PM

Nice photos
Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Send the big ones south Don.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLOTT View Post
Send the big ones south Don.
For you my friend anything I will do my part to chase them south -1 for DaJimmer
Old 09-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Were you both drawn this year Donny ?? I was drawn for the first rifle season with a friend so I will do a scout the 3rd week of Sept myself.
Thanks for the pics...
We are North so our hunt is the 28th to the 3rd This is early scouting but I like to visit with the ranchers and property managers get all my advanced info talk to guys from 7 years back and see what the rut is progressing like all day we did not see more than 50 does so I know things will start to move the biggest group was 1 buck and 4 does that should look very different when we get down on the 25th for our pre scout.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Nice pics, thanks for sharing....think there's a couple there more than 12"....or big enough for me....Good Luck ...have fun!!!
H
Yes I did not say nothing better than 12 some may think I'm wrong but the buck bedded by the power pole and the one other will be between 15 and 16 I have one almost identical to the power pole buck the hight to the prong base will be close to 6 and the hookes are deceiving this will be Da Jimmers first so I expect he will be happy with anything but I will try to keep him + 15
Old 09-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Bear View Post
Yes I did not say nothing better than 12 some may think I'm wrong but the buck bedded by the power pole and the one other will be between 15 and 16 I have one almost identical to the power pole buck the hight to the prong base will be close to 6 and the hookes are deceiving this will be Da Jimmers first so I expect he will be happy with anything but I will try to keep him + 15
I agree on the powerpole buck..I can see good mass,especially the above prong measurment,prongs if viewed from the side look very good. Ear tips are below the prong and I think i see some ivory on the tips so the buck has some curl. 15 + for sure...go get him...
Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 AM

Donny are you camping out or hoteling it for your hunt? We are hunting the same time as you and Junior. I think we will campout for ours . Not sure where,maybe the river valley or something.
Way to go on getting permission way in advance !! Sounds like an opening morning Buck for you and Da Jimmer and another mount for Marco to do.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Donny are you camping out or hoteling it for your hunt? We are hunting the same time as you and Junior. I think we will campout for ours . Not sure where,maybe the river valley or something.
Way to go on getting permission way in advance !! Sounds like an opening morning Buck for you and Da Jimmer and another mount for Marco to do.
Yep we are camping at Hanna right in behind the husky nothing to outdoors I guess but we will have the goose gear and the dogs for before and after the antelope hunt.

Yes I do hope Da Jimmer gets one worth of the artists hand