Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-06-2013, 01:35 PM

Default Buffalo Lake

Had a great day on Buffalo Lake on Friday (04th). We got on the water at 10:45 a.m. and had a fish landed by 10:50 a.m. We ended up catching 19 pike between us but only one was a keeper. All of them surely did fight though. We didn't have time to explore the lake but we will certainly be coming back next year and look for a few more hot spots. All caught on Len Thompson yellow and red 5 of diamonds. All in the 6 - 8 foot water. It has been over 35 years since I have been on that body of water but I think I will put it up near the top of my list now.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 PM

Good job !
Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 AM

Went out to Buffalo Lake again yesterday (09th). Wind was light when I went on the water. Fishing was really slow. Had two bites and caught one small one. Just before noon the wind picked up to about 40 km. Lucky for me it stayed from the south which allowed me to trailer my boat without too much trouble. Even though I got blown off the water it was still a great day. Oh well, we still may get another boating day before things have to be put away.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Found Buffalo Lake to be pretty good in the spring just after it opens as well. Slayed them with rapalas! They were deeper though, 15-20 ft. I bet they would be good to catch on the fly now with them being so shallow.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM

Never thought of a Rapala. We were just using 5 of diamonds. Will have to try that out next time.