Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Banned

Default Upcoming gun auction in Calgary

Just found out about this gun auction coming up this Wednesday in Calgary for those interested. Some lefties, reloading gear and ammo. They've also got pictures up. Time permitting, looks like I might attend.

http://www.auctioncalgary.com/lastweek22.html
Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Just found out about this gun auction coming up this Wednesday in Calgary for those interested. Some lefties, reloading gear and ammo. They've also got pictures up. Time permitting, looks like I might attend.

http://www.auctioncalgary.com/lastweek22.html
let us know if anything sells for reasonable prices. You'd actually probably get a better deal if you weren't posting it on here, you may be bringing people to bid against.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Banned

You make a good point Cody. However, there is nothing there on my must have list. Just a nice way to kill off a wednesday evening while awaiting the Flames to roast some Ducks....lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:33 PM

Thought these guys used to be a sponsor here ?

Grizz
Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 AM

Auction day....
Old 04-29-2015, 08:55 AM

Range orientation this evening. Oh well.

Colin
Old 04-29-2015, 02:04 PM

I don't think any of you need to come really...

I'll be there taking notes, seeing what stuff goes for, eyeing a few pieces depending how they look when I get there.

Cheers
Old 04-29-2015, 11:22 PM

Default Results ?

How was the sale ?

Anyone see what the Lyman powder measure went for ?

Other deals ?

Puma
Old 04-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Banned

The Lyman powder measure went for $275.00 IIRC.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:04 AM
Banned

And the Ruger .357 Mag (GP1000) brand new in the box with all paperwork etc. sold for $450.00. I think that the Lee Anniversary kit new in the sealed box sold for $75.00 (they're $149.99 new). The Win 94 and Henry 22 sold for more than they should have, but hey buyer's option. Everything else seemed to be good buys. I bought a brand new 7200 or 7500 watt generator for $275.00
Old 04-30-2015, 09:30 AM

Thanks for the results.

No Aqua-massage ?!?

Red Deer Gun Show & sale this weekend !

P
Old 04-30-2015, 11:09 AM

Agree the Win 30-30 and Henry WMR went too high...I thought most of the firearms went for way more than they should have...but that's my opinion, such like...

If a Ruger American .270Win BNIB is $450 +5% at WSS, you don't pay $475 +5% +12% at the auction...

Got a gun case BNIB and some cheap za I was happy with that.

I have been to that auction house many times and you can tell who does their research and who doesn't, I have been able to walk out of there with a great deal in past auctions.

That generator deal sounds great!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Banned

Yeah the gen set was great. I was busy talking to the lady who bought the St. Etienne rifle then all of a sudden the gen set was being auctioned off. I didn't get a chance to check it out closely and wanted an electric start. Anyhow, I bid on it figuring that one that size would have a starter. Low & behold, it's got an electric starter. Awesome, I'm fed up with the pull start on the Coleman 5 kW that I have now. It's in great shape and works wonders, but I will put it up for sale and enjoy my new machine. BTW, the lady who bid on the St. Etienne got a lot more for her $100.00 then she thinks. St. Etienne were a major manufacturer for French forces during the French revolution. She had no idea of what she bought. The firearm was found in the rafters of a house or barn. It was in very good condition for it's age. I advised her to google makes, proof marks etc. But truthfully, I think that this lucky lady may have just nailed a treasure.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:09 PM

Guess I'm a bit disappointed by the approach these guys take to auctioning firearms. Lot of the pics show them bent. This to me is the MINIMUM, if you want to succeed at selling firearms, better get serious.

http://oldsauction.com/event/gun-auction-2

Grizz
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Yeah the gen set was great. I was busy talking to the lady who bought the St. Etienne rifle then all of a sudden the gen set was being auctioned off. I didn't get a chance to check it out closely and wanted an electric start. Anyhow, I bid on it figuring that one that size would have a starter. Low & behold, it's got an electric starter. Awesome, I'm fed up with the pull start on the Coleman 5 kW that I have now. It's in great shape and works wonders, but I will put it up for sale and enjoy my new machine. BTW, the lady who bid on the St. Etienne got a lot more for her $100.00 then she thinks. St. Etienne were a major manufacturer for French forces during the French revolution. She had no idea of what she bought. The firearm was found in the rafters of a house or barn. It was in very good condition for it's age. I advised her to google makes, proof marks etc. But truthfully, I think that this lucky lady may have just nailed a treasure.
well, it should be a low miler for sure! probly stashed in the rafters while the frogs ran the other way!

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.