Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 08:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
no but a piece every now and then is satisfying...it's a start...one bite/piece at a time.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-04-2020, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
https://abc7news.com/man-killed-by-p...a-gun/6229758/

didn’t even get out of the car .... probably getting charged
This is the problem. Tensions high, violence in the streets everywhere. What about the cop who was shot dead in Brooklyn? Law enforcement officers are running on a double edge sword. If they don’t react quickly they could die, or an innocent civilian could die. If they act too quick they could kill an unarmed criminal. The key words are “Officer” “innocent civilian“ and “criminal”. The criminal who was shot dead was caught in the act of a crime, had a weapon in his position. Unless he was going to build a fence that night the hammer in his pocket was not in his possession for carpentry or maintenance purposes.

Is it going to be spun as another race based shooting? If the victim was a law abiding citizen he would be alive today, no matter his race. The saying “play stupid games win stupid prizes” should be ores to live by. A lot fewer people would be dead today.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
no but a piece every now and then is satisfying...it's a start...one bite/piece at a time.
No, you are wrong. You cannot support an evil ideology and expect same to police itself. Life does not work that way.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 09:06 AM

This man was a criminal. Look at his past history.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:05 AM

Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This thread is about the unrest going on in the USA, and the people like ANTIFA that are paid to promote and organize these demonstrations and riots are contributing greatly to the unrest.
You are single issuing a far more complex thing. Lots of guys seem to like to do this.

You just can’t seem to let go of the targeted blame game.

Antifa is as big a part of the problem as the ‘alt-right’ would be..... simple as that.

You need to stop digesting dividing propeganda. Your happily digesting one, and getting hives from the other. Stop letting them play you.... cause they both are.

Canada and the US have become infested with ‘divider media’..... it’s sad.

I super value your posts on this board. Lots of guys seem to be getting angrier and angrier slowly.... that ain’t healthy.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-04-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You are single issuing a far more complex thing. Lots of guys seem to like to do this.

You just can’t seem to let go of the targeted blame game.

Antifa is as big a part of the problem as the ‘alt-right’ would be..... simple as that.

You need to stop digesting dividing propeganda. Your happily digesting one, and getting hives from the other. Stop letting them play you.... cause they both are.

Canada and the US have become infested with ‘divider media’..... it’s sad.

I super value your posts on this board. Lots of guys seem to be getting angrier and angrier slowly.... that ain’t healthy.
Im glad you pointed this out. However, the media I watch condemn both the alt right and the likes of antifa. The main stream left media condemn only one of them. It’s disgusting. There has to be a divide.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 10:38 AM

No.... I respectfully disagree with you. You are over blaming one media group.

I think abolishing the US fairness doctrine was the single stupidest thing that our governments could do..... for the simple reason that people lack the time to search out both sides..... It really is that simple.

I show this in my classes.... I feel its pretty accurate.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RL-CHyzgK1Q/maxresdefault.jpg

We, as a society have known that the news can get manipulated for many many years now..... Even before Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent....

Knowingly getting rid of the Fairness Doctrine of the FCC was a bad bad move.

And many people are taking advantage of us ( and I do mean both you and me and elk11 and others)..... we notice some.... we consent to others...

its still bad.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
This man was a criminal. Look at his past history.
Cool, you would have made a great SS Officer. We are not in Nazi Germany though and don't just kill undesirables. Unless you think it's appropriate to hand out death sentences for forging cheques.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
No.... I respectfully disagree with you. You are over blaming one media group.

I think abolishing the US fairness doctrine was the single stupidest thing that our governments could do..... for the simple reason that people lack the time to search out both sides..... It really is that simple.

I show this in my classes.... I feel its pretty accurate.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RL-CHyzgK1Q/maxresdefault.jpg

We, as a society have known that the news can get manipulated for many many years now..... Even before Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent....

Knowingly getting rid of the Fairness Doctrine of the FCC was a bad bad move.

And many people are taking advantage of us ( and I do mean both you and me and elk11 and others)..... we notice some.... we consent to others...

its still bad.
What media group is stating the facts about what happened in Minnesota? What media outlet is reporting that George Floyd was a career criminal, convicted of violent offenses and was being arrested for committing another crime when he was killed? What outlet is saying “let’s put this into perspective”? What media outlet has the ballz to call a spade a spade? Everyone seems to leave out all the facts except for a white officer killed a black man. This tactic is CONSTANTLY used yet never addressed?????? Why? Why do we have to make a criminal issue political every single time? That’s the true travesty we face these days.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENINC View Post
Cool, you would have made a great SS Officer. We are not in Nazi Germany though and don't just kill undesirables. Unless you think it's appropriate to hand out death sentences for forging cheques.
I’m 100% positive the intent never was to kill the criminal!!! Man, why is it so hard for people to understand??? This is a case of a cop on a power trip who went to far. It’s got nothing to do with intentionally killing undesirables, it’s not about a white cop intentionally killing a black man, it’s not about a white cop randomly looking for a black man to kill. It was a CRIMINAL being arrested
Old 06-04-2020, 11:05 AM

i think you and i are in total agreement. I just think its not "the biased Left, or the biased Right" its both.

News should not be emotionally engaging to the extent that 90%of media outlets do.....

Its all "infotainment"... because emotionally invested people (anger or happylikelove) tune in more.

We are team prone critters....... I think in the early 1980's people invented new political teams..... ans we've been dividing ever since.

Perfect environment for most modern day politicians.... on the left and the right.

total aside..... you still have best avatar dude...!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Cool. You got all that from pointing out to people the guy is a criminal.
You’d make a great SS guesstimater.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I’m 100% positive the intent never was to kill the criminal!!! Man, why is it so hard for people to understand??? This is a case of a cop on a power trip who went to far. It’s got nothing to do with intentionally killing undesirables, it’s not about a white cop intentionally killing a black man, it’s not about a white cop randomly looking for a black man to kill. It was a CRIMINAL being arrested
I agree that this was just an out of control officer that went to far, but he did kill a man as a result, and now he should pay. However, it makes no sense to riot and loot from other people that are likely just as outraged about the man being killed. And looters have beaten innocent shop owners to death, which is even worse than Floyd being killed. Yes people are angry, but rioting and looting doesn't punish the officer that killed Floyd, it just punishes more innocent people that had nothing to do with Floyd dying. For that reason, there is no justification for the looting and rioting that is occurring .
Old 06-04-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Cool. You got all that from pointing out to people the guy is a criminal.
You’d make a great SS guesstimater.
Look, we both know your comment was meant to somehow justify his killing or otherwise make us feel less empathetic to his death because he was a criminal. We all know he was a criminal, this is not about this arrest but about his murder. You may weasel around your post now but my original comment still stands.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
No, you are wrong. You cannot support an evil ideology and expect same to police itself. Life does not work that way.

OK I will play your game ...no your are wrong....ahhh nope not going to...so that being said you nor I are wrong... you just misread my post or didn't understand the jest of it....our legal system is too easy on thugs....and it is ok for them to wack each other....doesn't tie up our legal system nor the prisons...ohhh I know its not right to kill etc but....and I am afraid this goes on as will our week legal system....

Old 06-04-2020, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I agree that this was just an out of control officer that went to far, but he did kill a man as a result, and now he should pay. However, it makes no sense to riot and loot from other people that are likely just as outraged about the man being killed. And looters have beaten innocent shop owners to death, which is even worse than Floyd being killed. Yes people are angry, but rioting and looting doesn't punish the officer that killed Floyd, it just punishes more innocent people that had nothing to do with Floyd dying. For that reason, there is no justification for the looting and rioting that is occurring .
well said and to the point.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM

It’s the opportunistic people that turn it into a race thing for their own agenda. That agenda being, obtaining flat screen tv’s and Air Jordan’s and just behaving evil in general. It’s astounding to see the look on these people faces when looting. They actually have smiles on their faces while carrying out this abhorrent behaviour. They don’t look like they are grieving George Floyd in the slightest. Lol.

Imagine if Chauvin killed a white criminal and the race card could not be played?
No violence, no looting and no opportunistic agenda....

And then there are those that make every white and black confrontation about race when maybe it’s just two humans being ****ed off at each other?

Last edited by 1899b; 06-04-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
exactly and now he and fellow officers are being tried as would any criminal act....but it gives some people a reason to jump on the color game and then bring along unintentionally the real idiots of life that take advantage of a peaceful demonstration....

Old 06-04-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Look, we both know your comment was meant to somehow justify his killing or otherwise make us feel less empathetic to his death because he was a criminal. We all know he was a criminal, this is not about this arrest but about his murder. You may weasel around your post now but my original comment still stands.
Drug charges, theft charges, assault charges, robbery with a firearm charges, fraud,........ sorry for your loss.
The world is actually a better place without him. He was bound to hurt someone innocent.

Last edited by Talking moose; 06-04-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You seem to be twisting his comments. If you read some of Talking Mooses comments over the tenure of his time on this forum you will find he is a straight shooter and doesn't "weasel around". He means what he writes and is accountable for his position. You on the other hand, seem to be the one stoking the fire.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am less empathetic of his death because he was a criminal caught in a criminal act. If he was an upstanding citizen minding his own business I would be more empathetic of his death. Race has zero to do with my view of the situation.

If George Floyd was not a criminal he would be alive today, or do you disagree with that too?
Old 06-04-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I am less empathetic of his death because he was a criminal caught in a criminal act. If he was an upstanding citizen minding his own business I would be more empathetic of his death. Race has zero to do with my view of the situation.

If George Floyd was not a criminal he would be alive today, or do you disagree with that too?
nor mine.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:01 PM

****ty cop dealing with a man high on drugs. Cop should be held accountable. Is the cop racist? I dont know.

Every time a ****ty cop does something stupid it's not racist.
I had a incident when I was 20 years old driving across the country with my girl friend. Drove past Dryden Ontario at 8:00 in the morning. Got pulled over, in morning traffic, said we were speeding. We went speeding. Said I had a built in raider detector in my girlfriend's Pontiac 6000! Obviously didnt have one. Made my girl friend and myself spread our legs, put out hands on the hood. While he searched our car. Tore it apart and gave us a speeding ticket
If I was black I would of said he was a racist cop. But he was just an *******!
Old 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmitty27 View Post
****ty cop dealing with a man high on drugs. Cop should be held accountable. Is the cop racist? I dont know.

Every time a ****ty cop does something stupid it's not racist.
I had a incident when I was 20 years old driving across the country with my girl friend. Drove past Dryden Ontario at 8:00 in the morning. Got pulled over, in morning traffic, said we were speeding. We went speeding. Said I had a built in raider detector in my girlfriend's Pontiac 6000! Obviously didnt have one. Made my girl friend and myself spread our legs, put out hands on the hood. While he searched our car. Tore it apart and gave us a speeding ticket
If I was black I would of said he was a racist cop. But he was just an *******!
bad apples in all professions....we all have had crappy run ins with the law...Ontario cop ripped my fake radar detector off the dashboard of my truck...had to explain and demonstrate it was a frustration device when your cut off etc push a button and a-bomb sound or machine gun fire goes off...

bad apples does not mean we make apple sauce out of them....it will make us all sick....kinda like rioting etc.....

Old 06-04-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
You don't know what was in Chauvin's mind. You know as much as the next person as to what his thought process is regarding black people. Only Chauvin knows and that will play out in court.

Quote:

Race aside, he died for a $20 counterfeit bill. The high probability that this would have happened to a white guy, is actually much lower than it happening to a black person. Regardless, it isn't the position of the police to be judge, jury and executioner when making arrests.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
You don't know what was in Chauvin's mind. You know as much as the next person as to what his thought process is regarding black people. Only Chauvin knows and that will play out in court.

Race aside, he died for a $20 counterfeit bill. The high probability that this would have happened to a white guy, is actually much lower than it happening to a black person. Regardless, it isn't the position of the police to be judge, jury and executioner when making arrests.

Nobody knows what was going through Chauvin’s mind but you, along with millions of others assume it’s race driven. I wasn’t aware that the police were intentionally acting as judge, jury and executioner, I must have missed that part of the story

In your post you just proved my point, thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Nobody knows what was going through Chauvin’s mind but you, along with millions of others assume it’s race driven. I wasn’t aware that the police were intentionally acting as judge, jury and executioner, I must have missed that part of the story

In your post you just proved my point, thank you.

I made no opinion either way of Chauvin's mind. Certainly not "100% positive" that it wasn't race-related

Your posts basically justify cop killings because of a person's criminal history. Which leads me to believe you're actually okay with them killing a suspect after they've already been detained and subdued.

Anyway, stats don't lie.

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/
Old 06-04-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post

Well done. You contradicted yourself in a single post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Well done. You contradicted yourself in a single post
Okay ...
Old 06-04-2020, 03:02 PM

Only this forum could play the mental gymnastics necessary to justify a guy being killed while already having been subdued for attempting to use a counterfeit $20 bill.

It just keeps getting worse.