Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
What did prohibition teach us. What has making prostitution illegal done to reduce it. Were there less gays when that was illegal. You cannot create legislation that will stop people from engaging in drinking, screwing or taking drugs. Stop trying. Legalize all drugs, and unlike marijuana, sell them cheap enough there is no money in it for illegal sellers. Spend the 100s of billions we spend on enforcement on treatment options for those that want it. at least with drugs legalised we get rid of 90% of the crime to steal, kill or maim for that next fix or worse to control the drug trade and cartels.

More than a million people a year die from violence due to the drug trade, over 30,000 a year of intentional homicides in Mexico alone. We have been fighting this losing battle for 80 years and it is only getting worse. Might be about time to try a different approach. It sure as hell couldn't be worse than what we have now.
Well thought out and said.

YES!! Because the government and pharmaceutical companies hate competition! LOL. Sorry for the pun.

Hang everyone driving down the highway at a buck ten looking at their phones. People that get hooked on fentanyl and meth are already killing themselves. The guy putting my life in danger behind the wheel is threatening my existence more than any dope dealer. Death is death. The people buying that crap are making a choice for themselves. The soccer mom with a minivan full of kids staring at her phone is making a choice for many. We all make poor choices from time to time. It's all about breaking laws that are in place to protect people.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:27 PM

I can think of alot better criminals to hang than drug dealers. They'd be near the bottom of my list.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
What did prohibition teach us. What has making prostitution illegal done to reduce it. Were there less gays when that was illegal. You cannot create legislation that will stop people from engaging in drinking, screwing or taking drugs. Stop trying. Legalize all drugs, and unlike marijuana, sell them cheap enough there is no money in it for illegal sellers. Spend the 100s of billions we spend on enforcement on treatment options for those that want it. At least with drugs legalised we get rid of 90% of the crime to steal, kill or maim for that next fix or worse to control the drug trade and cartels.

More than a million people a year die from violence due to the drug trade, over 30,000 a year of intentional homicides in Mexico alone. We have been fighting this losing battle for 80 years and it is only getting worse. Might be about time to try a different approach. It sure as hell couldn't be worse than what we have now.

I could support this, well thought out.

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 12:55 PM

I've heard all my life that the Saudis cut off body parts and have capital punishment for crimes.
I have never been there. Have any of you? I wonder if it works?
Old 06-04-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I've heard all my life that the Saudis cut off body parts and have capital punishment for crimes.
I have never been there. Have any of you? I wonder if it works?
Saudi Arabia has beheaded people for the crime of "witchcraft and sorcery" in recent memory, so I'm not really sure they're the type of folks I want to put in charge when it comes to life and death matters, nor emulate.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 PM

Default Hang drug dealers

4 people from around were I live died at the same party as a result of getting there hands on some bad drugs. Nothing heard about the drug dealer, although I’m sure a lot of people know who he is. Cops more worried about me having a shotgun to use for hunting birds.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
4 people from around were I live died at the same party as a result of getting there hands on some bad drugs. Nothing heard about the drug dealer, although I’m sure a lot of people know who he is. Cops more worried about me having a shotgun to use for hunting birds.
What kind of drugs are considered good drugs? Whats the difference between bad drugs and good drugs?

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
What did prohibition teach us. What has making prostitution illegal done to reduce it. Were there less gays when that was illegal. You cannot create legislation that will stop people from engaging in drinking, screwing or taking drugs. Stop trying. Legalize all drugs, and unlike marijuana, sell them cheap enough there is no money in it for illegal sellers. Spend the 100s of billions we spend on enforcement on treatment options for those that want it. At least with drugs legalised we get rid of 90% of the crime to steal, kill or maim for that next fix or worse to control the drug trade and cartels.

Decriminalizing drugs for personal use would save a pile of OD and police issues. Portugal did this 20 years ago and they have one of the lowest OD rates in the world.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's not that simple when drugs are provided to children.
Be careful with that one, you do know that some Adhd meds are meth right?
clean and time-release but still meth.

I am generally against the death penalty, not that I am a "hug a thug", I don't trust any justice system to get it right 100% of the time. And when(not if) they screw up, do you hang the judge and jury?

The "war on drugs" is lost not only that has wrecked a few countries, the Portuguese or Swiss model are worth looking at since what we have now is a complete faulure
Old 06-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I can think of alot better criminals to hang than drug dealers. They'd be near the bottom of my list.
Depends on the drug. Fentanyl/meth/heroin dealers should be force fed their entire inventory, then written up as suicides.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:16 PM

Default room on the gallows

For those that manufacture the drugs to sell.They really should be taken out with their own drugs not a rope.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:21 PM

I don't know what can be done. I know there are 14 year old idiot's who have been charged for selling meth and cocaine in town. I knew these kids. It breaks my heart. There lives are ruined. It could have been different for them. I don't know whats wrong with so many young kids. How can they be so stupid? Is it computers and internet or lack of church and community? Or is it civilization and urbanization? I dont understand it? I hate the way we are going!
Old 06-04-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Are you living under a rock? Drug dealers hang around schools and push drugs on kids all the time. They are so low they pay kids to recruit new child drug users. It’s been going on since I was in school.
Yes drug dealers of certain drugs should be dealt the death penalty as they are basically murderers. Murderers, pediphiles and rapists should also be dealt the death penalty.
I totally agree. Dealers give people the drugs for free to get them addicted and coming back for more (which they then have to pay for, of course). Hard to believe some here don't realize that. Also note the guy said third-offense dealers, so it would be hard to hang someone innocent accidentally.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah, legalize all drugs and sell them cheap. That way we can have a doped up, uneducated population with enough of the vote to elect Trudeau and the Liberals/NDP for eternity.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP/-31 View Post
Yeah, legalize all drugs and sell them cheap. That way we can have a doped up, uneducated population with enough of the vote to elect Trudeau and the Liberals/NDP for eternity.
What makes you think people who use certain drugs recreationally are uneducated?
Old 06-04-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Well thought out post.
We need to manufacture our own drugs here in Canada and stop ALL trade with CHINA
Old 06-04-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP/-31 View Post
You really don't understand drug use. Legalized pot didn't make more pot users. Those using it already were, just now we don't have jails full of people for smoking it. Same is true of hard drugs. No one is going to start using Cocaine because it is made legal. Do you understand that over 80% of the people currently in the judicial system are there for using drugs, selling drugs, or doing illegal things to get drugs or defend their drug income. It is a tremendous waste of time and resources because even in prison they have ready access to drugs, just at even higher prices. The friggin prisons are starting to put In safe injection zones. Is there a better illustration of the abject failure of the "war on drugs" .

Prisons and the fight against drugs have become big business. Prisons and law enforcement are among the biggest employers in North America. There are huge private corporations making billions running their prison system. What we are doing is NEVER going to work.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:38 PM

Default Hang drug dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
What kind of drugs are considered good drugs? Whats the difference between bad drugs and good drugs?

BW
All illegal drugs are terrible, but apparently these had to be laced with something special. Fendynol maybe? At any case, what a waste.