Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 PM

Default Open Letter to the Jerk Guide on the NSR Tonight

I assume you were a guide by your entitled attitude and the way you peed your pants over the two <12" walleye you brought to the boat between you and your client.

There's no way you actually thought that was okay. Two people are shore fishing a backwater, drifting bobbers, and you drop anchor right in the middle of the hole, not 20 yards off shore, and the two of you start fan casting towards us? What you didn't cut us off from with your boat and your lines, you blocked with your anchor line

Anyway, I keep a rod with 60 lb braid for people like you. Next time you try that crap, it's a 6 oz pyramid weight and multiple trebles going over your clients line, every single cast, and after every single retie.

Have a little respect, or you certainly won't get any back.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:27 PM

Forgot to add, I did tell him what he'd done as I was leaving. He said I should have told him that I was fishing in the hole that I was clearly fishing in.

I mentioned how crappy it was to crowd shore fishermen from his boat and he basically said he didn't know any other spots.
Amazingly, he may still have openings in his schedule, book now.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:47 PM

slingshot with 2oz egg sinkers flung at him will move him on his way. Specially when they ding off the boat beside him. hahaha
Old 10-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Capt. Big "D" for sure. Not good.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:26 PM

Its happened to me on the SSR, we casted right into the boat lol 3 of us continuously while apologizing over and over and listening to threats and offering help docking if they wanted to come to shore, they gave up and left lol
Some people are either oblivious or *******s
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 AM

I find it hard to believe this clown would be a guide.. If he was out guiding he should know of many places to fish. Or he is just someone that wants to call himself a guide and is from that but managed to sucker someone into paying them to go fishing..

I river fish out of a boat myself and anytime I am out, if there is a spot I want to fish and there is someone shore fishing it’s simple respect that I move on.. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that people that are out shore fishing, may have had to hike into a spot or even if they were able to drive to a spot, those accessible spots are limited on the river. It’s real easy in a boat to keep going and find 100’s of spots away from anyone.. But some people are just D-bags..
Old 10-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Its happened to me on the SSR, we casted right into the boat lol 3 of us continuously while apologizing over and over and listening to threats and offering help docking if they wanted to come to shore, they gave up and left lol
Some people are either oblivious or *******s
Snip, snip.
Sounds suspicious.
I would sit there and cut your lines "all day".
Old 10-16-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump thumper View Post
Or he is just someone that wants to call himself a guide and is from that but managed to sucker someone into paying them to go fishing..
This seems more than likely.

Keep on fishing Fishin' Fool!
Old 10-19-2019, 06:14 AM

Happens to me quite often on the NSR.

When that happens I'll grab my DeWalt radio out of my truck and start blasting Metallica.

By the second chorus I usually have my spot back to myself.