Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Default Satisfied,/no, extremely satisfied customer

I went into a "Fishin" store the other day on south side of Edmonton 91st st north of Whitemud Dr. I was looking at purchasing a baitcaster . I have never had one and thought I would like to try one . The guy behind the counter spend a good amount of time with me and showed me several different reels . I was kind of waffling a bit but had pretty much decided to go ahead and get one when he pipes up and says,tell you what.. I just got a new one myself and I was gonna give my old one away to someone .How would you like to have it ? That way you can see if you like that style of reel and no loss if you don't . I was stunned ! this guy didn't know me from Adam but was purely interested in promoting the sport . We chatted about some great fishing spots on the NSR and when I left, I knew that I would be spending the majority of my future fishing budget in his store .

P.S. Been practicing in the yard and the reel works perfectly
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I went into a "Fishin" store the other day on south side of Edmonton 91st st north of Whitemud Dr. I was looking at purchasing a baitcaster . I have never had one and thought I would like to try one . The guy behind the counter spend a good amount of time with me and showed me several different reels . I was kind of waffling a bit but had pretty much decided to go ahead and get one when he pipes up and says,tell you what.. I just got a new one myself and I was gonna give my old one away to someone .How would you like to have it ? That way you can see if you like that style of reel and no loss if you don't . I was stunned ! this guy didn't know me from Adam but was purely interested in promoting the sport . We chatted about some great fishing spots on the NSR and when I left, I knew that I would be spending the majority of my future fishing budget in his store .

Great story, im tired of people complaining about the one or two times they had poor customer service. Its good to see someone share their good experience because there are still a lot of great salespeople out there who truly care about helping you out. Good luck with the new reel!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM

amen man, nice post. People complain about the dumbest little things sometimes, like "the man" is out to get them. Good to see people actually greatful for those who give out help.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Thank you

For those of us on the other side of the retail counter who serve hundreds of retail customers in a day and only hear about the one who is pi$$ed because we can't make the product or force the US manufacturer to give us priority over their domestic customers or military contracts it is nice to hear someone got great service and mentioned it.
Rob
Old 05-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Unfortunately it seems people are most likely to give out a whine than they are to give praise now a days.

People are so fast to criticize and get caught up in semantics and trying to make someone wrong and force their opinion as being right.

I too have fallen into this trap but I am trying to take a step back and make better decisions before I toss out criticism.

The other day I took the time to pull aside my Son's swimming lesson teacher and point out that I appreciated the time she spent with him in the class of 6, he is one of the smaller kids and not a stong swimmer but she takes the time to show him how to do things properly and re-enforces how to practice and work on it.

When I first asked if I could talk to her for a minute this look of terror came accross her face because I am sure she assumed a butt-chewing was about to ensue. I delivered a bit of credit where it was due and I think she really appreciated it.

Without singing kooobayah .....I think if people took the time to double up on the compliments and half the criticism things would go alot smoother in general.

I have money on the fact that this thread will not be half as long as the whiner thread

Lefty
Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Very well said guys. For everyone on this site who works behind the counter, and im sure there are plenty of you, the one unsatisfied customer that speaks out does not speak for the rest of us. We all appreciate your effort to improve our time spent outdoors, be it fishing, hunting, camping, ect. I for one will make sure to post my next pleasant experience at my local outdoors store here in Calgary. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Unfortunately it seems people are most likely to give out a whine than they are to give praise now a days.

People are so fast to criticize and get caught up in semantics and trying to make someone wrong and force their opinion as being right.

I too have fallen into this trap but I am trying to take a step back and make better decisions before I toss out criticism.

The other day I took the time to pull aside my Son's swimming lesson teacher and point out that I appreciated the time she spent with him in the class of 6, he is one of the smaller kids and not a stong swimmer but she takes the time to show him how to do things properly and re-enforces how to practice and work on it.

When I first asked if I could talk to her for a minute this look of terror came accross her face because I am sure she assumed a butt-chewing was about to ensue. I delivered a bit of credit where it was due and I think she really appreciated it.

Without singing kooobayah .....I think if people took the time to double up on the compliments and half the criticism things would go alot smoother in general.

I have money on the fact that this thread will not be half as long as the whiner thread

Lefty
I also agree that credit due should be credit given.

I guess the guy over in the "whiner thread" is maybe just responding to posts added to the thread. That is one of the concepts behind any forum.

ps check your tagline, it contradicts your post.
"It takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at the man who is crying"

It's a nice line, but could perhaps be nicer if you changed it to "an even bigger man not to laugh at the man who is crying"

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:

That's an awesome story. I'm glad to hear when something like that happens.

I don't understand why you would basically start a sub thread of an original.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 05-11-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:

Was it Jerry? That guy is one awesome dude