Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:19 PM

Default Hunting packs and bino bags

Hey guys, this winter I purchased a bino harness bag( browning) to add to my kit. Currently I am rethinking my pack situation ( usually just carry small fanny pack style)
In looking at meat hauling capable bags such as the alps hybred X or mystery ranch pop up styles that have expandable meat pockets between the bag and the frame. For those of you that use these how well to the two bags work together? ( the pack and the bino case)
I have tried the harness on with my gunrunner ll and they seem to fit but I've never actually hiked around for a day wearing both. How's the comfort/ mobility?
Old 01-20-2019, 04:31 PM

I and my son use FHF Bino harnesses and they work perfectly with both Mystery Ranch and Stone Glacier packs.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-20-2019, 04:37 PM

Thanks chuck I was hoping you would comment as I knew you had experience with mystery ranch bags. I have never tried bags from either manufacturer. Both are rather expensive and there are no local dealers so I would be ordering online if I go that route.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:24 PM

I run and alaska guide creations bino harness whxikmis on the bigger side. I’ve used it along with a mystery ranch punter and now my exo mountain 2000 and there’s no restriction or lack of comfort with either. I can comfortably shoot my bow with it all on and a guide jacket if that helps you at all.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:14 PM

I don't use any of the brands you've mentioned, but I do combine a bino harness and a pack. There are some mild annoyances about how it all fits together, but overall I like it enough that I keep hunting that way. It's really good to carry everything. You will probably find your offhand shooting ability is reduced. So far I have never shot at game while wearing a pack and try to plan around it. Sometimes they pop out though you know.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I and my son use FHF Bino harnesses and they work perfectly with both Mystery Ranch and Stone Glacier packs.

Chuck , no disrespect meant . The picture of your son behind the deer is great except for one thing . Where the gun is pointed and with the bolt closed. It has always bothered me to see pics like this and there's lots of them . Just saying
Old 01-20-2019, 11:45 PM

Over the years we’ve used many bono harnesses including S4, FHF gear, and mystery ranch. I believe all of them offer a low-profile harness on your backside that doesn’t dig in when you have a pack on. Buy one, you’ll love it!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruster View Post
Chuck , no disrespect meant . The picture of your son behind the deer is great except for one thing . Where the gun is pointed and with the bolt closed. It has always bothered me to see pics like this and there's lots of them . Just saying
Shut up. I’m so sick and bloody tired of the stupid argument that unloaded guns are dangerous. They aren’t. Period. Two dimensional angles are also different than three dimensional angles.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-21-2019, 06:58 AM

Default Load Hauling Daypacks

I run a MR Pintler for my pack for the same reasons you mentioned(load hauling day pack) and love it. I also have both the Kuiu and AGC Bino packs and like them both although I run the AGC unit more often as it can carry lots of little things I like to have handy including my GPS

One last thing have you thought about getting a gun bearer. Check out the Kifaru gun bearer. Another awesome upgrade to your kit.

There's always this one too
Old 01-21-2019, 07:57 AM

I have the KUIU binoc bag and got it on sale with there fall 50% off sale for 65.00
lightweight and seems to have held up well for me this season.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Shut up. I’m so sick and bloody tired of the stupid argument that unloaded guns are dangerous. They aren’t. Period. Two dimensional angles are also different than three dimensional angles.
Nice respectful reply . Everyone can learn something . But with that attitude .Stick it and carry on

Last edited by Spruster; 01-21-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Banned

Am I the only one that is tired of chuck posting pics of squeakers all the time that have zero relevance to the topic being discussed? I understand the pic of his son with the packs in it. Those are great! Not sure what the point of posting the other pic with the 3 year old deer?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roebag View Post
I run a MR Pintler for my pack for the same reasons you mentioned(load hauling day pack) and love it. I also have both the Kuiu and AGC Bino packs and like them both although I run the AGC unit more often as it can carry lots of little things I like to have handy including my GPS

One last thing have you thought about getting a gun bearer. Check out the Kifaru gun bearer. Another awesome upgrade to your kit.

There's always this one too
I do have a gun bearer. I prefer my own designed front ready carry hands free set up as most of my hunting is thick bush.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
I do have a gun bearer. I prefer my own designed front ready carry hands free set up as most of my hunting is thick bush.
That sounds interesting, could you share some pictures of your gun bearer set up?
Old 01-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41thunder View Post
Am I the only one that is tired of chuck posting pics of squeakers all the time that have zero relevance to the topic being discussed? I understand the pic of his son with the packs in it. Those are great! Not sure what the point of posting the other pic with the 3 year old deer?
I see pictures of a guy and his kid using the equipment that was asked about, successfully. Not sure what your the relevance of your comment is??

Thanks for sharing Chuck.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41thunder View Post
I’m sorry. Is it a requirement here to post big deer here only? And what is your previous handle?

-Billy Molls
Closed Thread