Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyed View Post
Wasn't able to get out on Opening Day but was able to get out on Monday morning to enjoy a couple hours on the Bow. Arrived at 7AM and fished til 9:30. Was able to hook into 8 fish in total, 4 Rainbows and 4 pikes. Smallest pike was just over 20" and the largest at 29"; all C&R. Of the 4 rainbows, I kept the two smallest one (in the picture, 15" & 19") and let the other two big ones go (23" and 23.5"). Here are pics of the trouts I kept and one of the pikes.

Going to be heading out again tommorow morning, hope everyone else had a great time on opening week.
nice pics
Old 05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
[insert donnie and marie crack here]
That's Chubbs job.......

Hopefully my Donny and Marie posters will be in next week they will go beside Kat....
Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Oh and I want to state just because I gave my opinion doesnt mean I am siding with the guy on the forum who said they all look alike and such. I in no way endorse his comments but am lobbying for the side of reason that it is not always possible to narrow down to a specific ethnicity based on purely visual evidence, hense it should be socially acceptable to group ethnicities (ie. White, Black, Asian) for the purpose of description when it is not used to be derogatory.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
[insert donnie and marie crack here]

All things aside, horsetrader makes a good point

Also when it comes to giving a description, ethnicity is the starting point at which forms a description of anyone. it really changes the features of the description. its not like im going to say that he is black at the end of the witness sketch....... that said I dont think they all look alike because they dont. However, certain ethnicities have certain features that are "commonly different" to other ethnicities. doesnt mean they all look alike.

If I say someone is asian or oriental it is in no way discriminatory. Literally if I was describing white guys i would say white guys not just guys. if there is a different way to summarize different ethnicities that you guys are comfortable with then please share. And no I personally dont know the difference between japanese and chinese and korean. sometimes I can guess and get it right. most times not. just like most people cant tell the difference between an american, canadian, english, scotish, irish just by looking yet we are all called white.

but in all seriousness, I can understand why one might feel upset about being called an "asian" however, consider that it is not necessarily a derogatory name. if the comments that follow are questionable then it's open season, but otherwise just relax. i have many friends of several cultures. we all make fun of eachother for it unless there is a reason for it to not be ok.

and if any one has a problem with that, they better learn the difference visually between a Canadian and an American or i will swim across the river and beat you with my fenwick.......

good day.
Good post. I believe a lot of times the word it self is not derogatory but the attitude with it including the attitude of the one hearing it
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I'm afraid it went over your head the thread its self had nothing to do with anyones ethnicity the thread was about where you fished on the weekend..

You do not like the term Oriental or Asian But you have no problem using the term Caucasian in reference other people then Asians. The term Caucasian comes from the Caucasus region where there is over 50 ethnic groups living.so it is ok for you to group ethnic groups under one heading but not for others .Perhaps you should look up the definition of racist. As you say best of luck to you
Omg, seriously? Ok, I never said I didn't like the word Asian. Asian is what I am. It isn't insulting nor offensive and I embrace what I am. Oriental, on the other hand, is a word that was originally intended to be negative and applied to us by people like you. And if you really want to get technical, the world is round, so how can I be universally Oriental?

And grouping ethnics into one heading is ok for one group and not another? I have no clue what your tiny little brain is trying to deduce here. Is Asian not a big group? Did I say that was a bad thing? You make absolutely pointless arguments based on your own imagination. But here's a clue to what I'm saying:

1) What's point of coming to a forum to say "I saw Asians poaching!"? Why not gender, or age, or height or clothing styles? The only point of a comment like that is to continue to spread the bigotry. If you really want to do something, call RAP. So simple.

2) The only reason to say "they all look the same" is to continue the bigotry and pound that fact home.

Do you get it now? If not, it's ok... I don't actually expect you to get it. You didn't really understand the Jackie Chan statement or anything else that has been said on this thread, so why start now?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Oh and I want to state just because I gave my opinion doesnt mean I am siding with the guy on the forum who said they all look alike and such. I in no way endorse his comments but am lobbying for the side of reason that it is not always possible to narrow down to a specific ethnicity based on purely visual evidence, hense it should be socially acceptable to group ethnicities (ie. White, Black, Asian) for the purpose of description when it is not used to be derogatory.
+1
Exactly
Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
the world is round, so how can I be universally Oriental?

HAHAHAHA that is one of the quotes of the year.... nice work!

Quote:
And grouping ethnics into one heading is ok for one group and not another? I have no clue what your tiny little brain is trying to deduce here. Is Asian not a big group? Did I say that was a bad thing? You make absolutely pointless arguments based on your own imagination. But here's a clue to what I'm saying:

1) What's point of coming to a forum to say "I saw Asians poaching!"? Why not gender, or age, or height or clothing styles? The only point of a comment like that is to continue to spread the bigotry. If you really want to do something, call RAP. So simple.

2) The only reason to say "they all look the same" is to continue the bigotry and pound that fact home.

Do you get it now? If not, it's ok... I don't actually expect you to get it. You didn't really understand the Jackie Chan statement or anything else that has been said on this thread, so why start now?
Let me play mediator for a second. I do not believe that Horsetrader was actually attacking you or anything like that. nore was he trying to use oriental in a negitive way against or anyone. All he was doing was stating an opinion as he sees it. He is very strong in his opinions as anyone can tell who has read his posts but generally means no harm. so really attacking him and calling him names and making tiny brain comments and saying "people like you" is just escalating what I think is you actually not understanding his post. just relax a bit. he was just making a point in the reverse direction of people generalizing ethnicities.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
That's Chubbs job.......

Hopefully my Donny and Marie posters will be in next week they will go beside Kat....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw
Old 05-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
Boot,

Is Jackie Chan Oriental or Retarded?

JUST KIDDING!!
That is friggin hilarious I don't care who you are!

Had to get that in before this thread closes for obvious reasons! Good one ILT! Plus I'm having fun wuth emicoms today and this seems like a great place for them, but really I should be
Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA that is one of the quotes of the year.... nice work!

Let me play mediator for a second. I do not believe that Horsetrader was actually attacking you or anything like that. nore was he trying to use oriental in a negitive way against or anyone. All he was doing was stating an opinion as he sees it. He is very strong in his opinions as anyone can tell who has read his posts but generally means no harm. so really attacking him and calling him names and making tiny brain comments and saying "people like you" is just escalating what I think is you actually not understanding his post. just relax a bit. he was just making a point in the reverse direction of people generalizing ethnicities.

Haha, fair enough. I apologize to HT for name calling.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...
saying they're "asian" does not justify "who they are". Just shows how intelligent some people are nowadays.......
Old 05-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Simple facts...if your not willing to do something about poachers...it doesnt mean chit if they are martians.

Heres a prime example....i recognized a white guy at the playground today...he matched the poster of a pedophile.
he was sitting with 3 other white dudes, there was too many of them.
I was on the swing set with my G-kids and couldnt get near them
My cell phone was dead so it was in the truck charging

We had ice cream.........

please lets just get off the topic......who caught fish?

everyone sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Simple facts...if your not willing to do something about poachers...it doesnt mean chit if they are martians.

Heres a prime example....i recognized a white guy at the playground today...he matched the poster of a pedophile.
he was sitting with 3 other white dudes, there was too many of them.
I was on the swing set with my G-kids and couldnt get near them
My cell phone was dead so it was in the truck charging

We had ice cream.........

please lets just get off the topic......who caught fish?

everyone sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop making me watch those god awful videos ChubsWhy, WHY must I click on them links!I made it 3:36 this time but had to
Stop the Madness pleeeease!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Stop making me watch those god awful videos ChubsWhy, WHY must I click on them links!I made it 3:36 this time but had to
Stop the Madness pleeeease!
after the 4.26 mark it gets really good
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
after the 4.26 mark it gets really good
I refuse to take your bait sir can't do itokay maybe a quick peek.
Somebodyme please!!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Omg, seriously? Ok, I never said I didn't like the word Asian. Asian is what I am. It isn't insulting nor offensive and I embrace what I am. Oriental, on the other hand, is a word that was originally intended to be negative and applied to us by people like you. And if you really want to get technical, the world is round, so how can I be universally Oriental?

No Pike yet this year.
Dodger.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

2 trout lost,,, one of them two arms lengths away.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Banned

minor hijack;

moon in morning is perfect,,, barometric pressure a tad high but all in all great to fish with just a t-shirt on. And yes I had speedos on too, sheesh!
and gumboots.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 PM

I am still enjoying the ICE!!!!
BUT to get back on topic, so do I understand this correctly, that there was a fellow who saw a few people who had black hair, round faces, and slanted eyes, catching fish and keeping them?
Wonder what their background is, it would help to know when you call it in.
OH, IBTL, lol

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
I am still enjoying the ICE!!!!
BUT to get back on topic, so do I understand this correctly, that there was a fellow who saw a few people who had black hair, round faces, and slanted eyes, catching fish and keeping them?
Wonder what their background is, it would help to know when you call it in.
OH, IBTL, lol

hahahaahahhhahahahah....give that to the crown prosecutor....lol

p.s. they drove honda civics with funny sounding mufflers and a shopping cart handle bolted to the trunk...vroooom
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
hahahaahahhhahahahah....give that to the crown prosecutor....lol

p.s. they drove honda civics with funny sounding mufflers and a shopping cart handle bolted to the trunk...vroooom
HAHA, everytime they rev the engine I thought there were thousands of mosquitoes coming after me

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=FishBrain;936747]I am still enjoying the ICE!!!!

Okay that almost got by me..............TALK NOW!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Banned

Lol I like how people are saying small hijack on a highjacked thread. The point was to talk about opening weekend not ethnic diversity. Lol
Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Lol I like how people are saying small hijack on a highjacked thread. The point was to talk about opening weekend not ethnic diversity. Lol
and you expected more from a thread i started and horse posted in?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
HAHA, everytime they rev the engine I thought there were thousands of mosquitoes coming after me
VROOOM VROOOM that grass doesn't stand a chance this season!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Blue is sexy
Old 05-10-2011, 07:37 PM

this is turning into the glenmore thread with all the racists comments i have had one on the glenmore forum but lets stop now.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Haha, fair enough. I apologize to HT for name calling.
You don't need to apologize get called worse on here all the time.
Did not see where you did not mind asian must have read it wrong.

And you are right the Jackie Chan thing I did not understand everyone knows Jackie even I would be able to recognize him........

I have used the term Oriental as a person from the far eastern descent but have never thought of it as derogatory

have a few friends that are "asian" no one has complained but will keep it in mind. Cheers!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
No Pike yet this year.
Dodger.
This Saturday my friend. I promise not to outdo you by too many pounds altho I just jinxed myself. I picked up a magic lure, you are doomed

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Blue is sexy
you watched the Fifth Element too eh?
tell you, anyone who can make a Milla Jojovich from a chunk of meat in a glove is my hero, and I will take 2 please

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Last edited by WayneChristie; 05-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.