Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 PM

Is that small lake stocked as well?I've seen people fly fishing on it
Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 PM

no its not stocked, would be awsome to fish a small pond like that with a fly, its interesting how sauer lakes bows are big allready 11 inches compared to chicakcoos 6-8 inches lol
Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 AM

What size of spinners do you guys use?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 AM

im useing very very small spinners meps silver, but any size will do as they are not picky yet, i wanna try bobber and worm, that would be fun it watch the bobber go under lol, havent used bobber in for ever,
Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 AM

Ya 11 inches is a pretty decent size for a stocker... Might have to head down there to break in the fly rod in the next few days.

And ya Shawn, I was at that hole you showed Jason last week. I've been there 3 times now, never been skunked...as long as snagging a sucker by the tail counts...

The pike (I think) tonight didn't hit overly hard but took a very pike like run before snapping my line.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 AM

yea there is some big pike there from 5-13 pounds this week, who knows maby some bigger, they are hanging around some weeds a big out and may chase a jigg in, yea you will always catch fish, and yea snagging a sucker by the tail counts, i did that to by accident a few times this year, always suckers that get snagged, i think they are feeding on the wally eggs,so i may take one home and eat him for super one night f&w said u can keep as many as you want lol, and they told me they are eating to many walleye eggs, by he did say there is probably high amounts of murcury in the fish so eat 1 a week and your fine , i always release everything usually but this year i may take a couple home and try a recipe
Old 05-18-2011, 04:20 PM

hey Shawn, so Can you get to chickakoo by that 1st road now. Last year they were tearing it up
Old 05-18-2011, 10:31 PM

yea it is all open, but some parts are gravel now so if your driving a bmw or benz, leave it at home
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
yea it is all open, but some parts are gravel now so if your driving a bmw or benz, leave it at home
I drive a crappy bmw, does that count? Anyway I know I am resurrecting this thread, but I was wondering how easy it is to access these lakes? Are there any staging areas or boat launches?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Deep View Post
I drive a crappy bmw, does that count? Anyway I know I am resurrecting this thread, but I was wondering how easy it is to access these lakes? Are there any staging areas or boat launches?
Sauer is a carry your canoe or pontoon etc down a little hill to lake. Chickakoo has a boat launch but I was there not to long ago and they had it all kind of ripped up along with the parking lot redoing it I guess. I believe both lakes are electric motor only.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavCanoe View Post
Sauer is a carry your canoe or pontoon etc down a little hill to lake. Chickakoo has a boat launch but I was there not to long ago and they had it all kind of ripped up along with the parking lot redoing it I guess. I believe both lakes are electric motor only.
I just have a kayak. I was wondering more about parking and such.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Deep View Post
I just have a kayak. I was wondering more about parking and such.
interested in knowing this as well. Also, is there shore fishing at both of these lakes? I want to take my nephew out there tommorow
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM

ill be at chickakoo tomorow bright n early me n the wifey will be in the grass painted tinner there is shore fishing there as well give us a wave if ya see us