Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWB View Post
If the kid was a bully as he was alleged to have been.. Then this is payback. Kudos to the kids who retaliated.

Im certain this bully will think twice before he bullys anyone again.
Some major problems in your thinking there fella. You condone kidnapping and torture? Give your head a shake. These kids brutalized another kid and all it takes is for these peices of human trash to say "He was a bully" and you climb on board with the brutalization.

If the allegations in the story are proven to be true I hope these kids get big jail time. Glad they ar being tried as adults.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
What kind of things do you think this guy did to warrant this response?
Why don't you tell us what he did, given that you are adamant that torture and permenant disfigurement is the appropriate punishment?

I suspect you are reliving your own bullying experiences and projecting here.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Seriously?
KUDOS?

For three youths that are charged with kidnapping, torturing and then carving a swastika into the head of an alleged lone bully?

Don't get me wrong here... I have no issue with someone standing up to a bully and putting the boots to him but there is nothing noble about what those kids did.... nothing at all.

It was a mob action by cowards no better than their victim.
A group of loosers and we discuss this outcome? Who cares as they are going to end up in our prison system the whole lot of them and we will pay for it. Take them all out to a field for some discipline. Sorry I crossed a line again, run tests, medicate them and send them to counselling then release them back to the general public as stellar citizens

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Default Food for thought

What if the prime target of this bully finally snapped and put a bullet in his head? Would there be any sympathy for the kid who pulled the trigger on the bully rather than committing suicide?

While I agree what these kids have done is sadistic, it's hard to judge what drove them to this in the first place, without knowing all the facts.

I'm sure each and every one of us knew someone who has committed suicide, some from bullying. Do you look at the bullies responsible for someone's suicide with the same ire? Would it be better if the accused in this case just committed suicide instead?

I don't know the facts of this case, but I don't hold a whole bunch of sympathy for a bully either.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps these kids felt powerless to stand up to him alone. Perhaps that is why there is safety in numbers. Most people when confronting a bully lack the courage to stand up to the bully alone. Some may feel more empowered to stand up in numbers yes, even then most people are scared to get involved.

Never underestimate what a bully is capable of doing. Bullies win as people empower them to win. Bullies will keep pushing and pushing and taking it further as the power is enabled to them and the power is stripped from the individual. You stand up and take action, the bully will lose more than what he or she bargained for.

I do agree this was a retaliation. I do agree this was a thought out plan. I am curious to find out what the outcome is. I doubt that I am incorrect with my assessment of the situation. I am very accurate about most assessments. I will admit I am wrong from time to time.

Then again this concept may be too difficult for some people to grasp.
True but most bullies need an audience or group to act.
Very few are independat actors.
My comments as to his activities are drawn from statements made by the accused and by a former friend.

He would seem to be a run of the mill bully prone to heckling and generally being miserable towards others.

Certainly not a sympathetic character but then again neither are the others now.

There is also some speculation by the courts that the plan was to feign friendship... lure him into the shed using the girl for bait where they could set upon him...beat and then rob him.

I remember bullies... in fact we had one in my highschool that was classic...he ended up in a movie of the week....no kidding.
He was convicted of firebombing Pakistani homes and bussiness in the greater Vancouver area a couple years after we graduated.

The thing is I recall that dealing with them always seemed to be done publically and that it didn't take much more than for someone to whip around and feed them an arm to convince them to move on.

I would like to know the full story as well.

I suspect that when and if the truth is know we will find out that it isn't so much a case of a group of victims taking on super bully as it is one loser underestimating the capability of another to... recruit still more into a revenge plan that took on a life of its own and rapidly got out of hand.

I guess we'll have to see what comes out in the wash but right now...I'm betting that the works of them were social misfits.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
A group of loosers and we discuss this outcome? Who cares as they are going to end up in our prison system the whole lot of them and we will pay for it. Take them all out to a field for some discipline. Sorry I crossed a line again, run tests, medicate them and send them to counselling then release them back to the general public as stellar citizens
Well...if its any solace... we won't be paying for these ones at least.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:33 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by north american hunter View Post
I think the teens went over board.
live by the sword, get carved by the sword

If this kid was truly the bully, which we will never know, I think a little pay back is in order, this is extreme, BUT how far has or had he gone.

shouldn't judge those who hold a grudge
Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM

Did I just read that some people on here claim that a 15 year old boy deserved to be kidnapped, tortured with a BB gun and crowbar, and have a swastika carved into his face with a box cutter?

Nice crew.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Banned

Well Mister Hutter, you are right.

We act accordingly to baiters. See below.

Last edited by greylynx; 02-21-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhutter View Post
Did I just read that some people on here claim that a 15 year old boy deserved to be kidnapped, tortured with a BB gun and crowbar, and have a swastika carved into his face with a box cutter?

Nice crew.
Welcome to the AO Daily Inquisition.