Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-09-2017, 11:36 AM

Default Alumacraft V16

The wife says you need a bigger boat so Im planning on going from a 14 aluminum to a 16 foot and the alumacraft v16 seems to fit my needs and budget. Any one have any experience with this vessel good or bad. Thanks
Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Looked at these boats yes they are nice but i find the HP rating low and the beam to short. I will be buying a Princecraft Holiday when some money comes in. Check them out.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:15 PM

I purchased a new Alumacraft late last summer. Boats been incredible. E tec motor has been insane and super easy to winterize. Have zero complaints about my boat so far and I got out in it a feee times. Dominator 185 with a 135HO. A bit of a different boat than yours but the 2XB hull is smooth and slick. Yours is a 2XB bow only but heavy guage for a bow.

I used Westlock powersports and marine and they treated me great. Talk to Dan or Corey.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

I was planning on getting the etec 25 hp to go with it. Could get other brands but execs have impressed me so far with their reviews, plus the easy winterizing
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlicmarshmellow View Post
I was planning on getting the etec 25 hp to go with it. Could get other brands but execs have impressed me so far with their reviews, plus the easy winterizing

I think you'd be happy with it. I got to use one quite a bit last year and loved it. Little trolling speed buttons on the tiller lets you dial in your speed perfectly.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I have the 14.5' Alumacraft with a 25/hp. If possible try to go a little higher with the hp as mine is just enough for a 14'r.

Dodger.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I winterized mine twice this year. First time I wasn't sure I was going to get out again. So we went again and it was turn key to I winterize. Then did it again at the boat launch.

Where are you buying it from?