Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 06:45 PM

I could care less if people don;t like the gun in the rack- I was alone and that is where I decided to put it for the picture.

This one was taken with a lot of snow on the ground , same thing, I wasn't about to put the rifle in the snow and I was alone.

I wanted to give an idea of the size of the deer so used my rifle , again, alone- and yes I checked the action before taking the picture!

Cat
Old 08-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
We are all not that dialed in grammatically on AO?

See above. Re-visited. Should read-"revisited". Hahahahaha. Awe in awesome!

DID it wrong all these years, not done. Pssssst, past tense. ; )

Hope your pictures are proper GITURDUN.

You spelt hiz name in-correctlee

So what do you think of this thread so far?

You forgot to comment on that.

Last edited by Luxor; 08-02-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:13 PM

Default Just fun.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I thank you for correcting my "faux pas". Google or Wikipedia must have taken a mere 30 seconds to accomplish your efforts. I left a mistake in there for your research. LOL, find it.

Not making it personal. Just having fun. Cheers!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not making it personal. Just having fun. Cheers!
Yes yes
"Spell check" is fun for the whole family. Lol

So....about this thread topic.

Wadaya thinks ????
Old 08-02-2015, 08:46 PM

Default Luxor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
Yes yes
"Spell check" is fun for the whole family. Lol

So....about this thread topic.

Wadaya thinks ????
Hey fellow AO guy, got married in the Luxor, cool handle. I have posted a ways back my thoughts on gun safety. Are you irritated by my picking on GITR? Is that your other half? Sorry if he is. I was just having fun.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey fellow AO guy, got married in the Luxor, cool handle. I have posted a ways back my thoughts on gun safety. Are you irritated by my picking on GITR? Is that your other half? Sorry if he is. I was just having fun.
Im his online attorney lol
Im just havn fun too

Pretty cool place to get married

Now back to the topic

Last edited by Luxor; 08-02-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
20 inch tongue hanging out the side of its mouth...
I agree 100% and add to it all the blood around its mouth and face.

Take a moment to show the animal some respect and clean it up a little as its life was just taken....You'll see enough blood soon, when you open it up.

Just saying....IMO

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Dosent matter at the end of the day what one person does or the other. I've learned in the hunting community or non-hunting community that everyone is offended at something. We are so afraid of offending eachother that we follow what social constructs are in place at the time. Either stand together or stand apart and be torn down. This is why Hunting will soon be a thing of the past.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Cat, what happened to the bolt on those guns? Did you throw it in the trees when you were checking it?
Derail notice: Been meaning to ask you, if I had the opportunity to get just one rifle in one of the following options, would you recommend the #1 or high wall?

I have to admit, this thread is gonna change what pics I take this fall when I get my first big game bow harvest. I won't do anything to any of the bolts on the bow, and there are gonna be way more pics of every step along the way. I'll take the time to snap them instead of focus on the task at hand
Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhunter View Post
You're reading a lot of stuff that wasn't written in these posts about firearm safety. You're also assuming A LOT by saying that most members in this thread have more field and firearm experience than qualified instructors. Field and firearm experience aren't worth squat if it translates into poor practices.

Anyone feeling insulted by the op are probably seeing themselves in mirror.
Like Assuming someone is pointing a loaded rifle at their head in a field photo right?

Maybe this isn't the crowd to be preaching to? Seems most folks posting here take offence to childish assumptions.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
where did you hit him?
How did the bullet perform ???
Old 08-04-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
where did you hit him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
How did the bullet perform ???
I had to go back and find what you two were referring to. I don't know how I missed that! Too funny.
I think it was in the vitals. Although a Texas heart shot isn't completely out of the question, with the right bullet of course. I think this bullet failed though. It didn't retain enough weight. But maybe it all comes down to how far you had to track the animal though, doesn't it? I mean, if it's double lung and the elk still goes 150 yards then we're not allowed to describe the hunt and need to go change bullets at the reloading table Only 50 yards and less is admirable
Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Cat, what happened to the bolt on those guns? Did you throw it in the trees when you were checking it?
Derail notice: Been meaning to ask you, if I had the opportunity to get just one rifle in one of the following options, would you recommend the #1 or high wall?

I have to admit, this thread is gonna change what pics I take this fall when I get my first big game bow harvest. I won't do anything to any of the bolts on the bow, and there are gonna be way more pics of every step along the way. I'll take the time to snap them instead of focus on the task at hand
The bolts are there, they are holding the stock to the receiver!!
High wall or No.1 is completely subjective, both have good points and i would be more inclined to pick one over the other because of the wood quality- heaven knows I'd likely be re- barreling anyway!
To be frank however, I prefer the Ruger action because of the availability of aftermarket set triggers.
Cat
Old 08-04-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The bolts are there, they are holding the stock to the receiver!!
High wall or No.1 is completely subjective, both have good points and i would be more inclined to pick one over the other because of the wood quality- heaven knows I'd likely be re- barreling anyway!
To be frank however, I prefer the Ruger action because of the availability of aftermarket set triggers.
Cat
I prefer how the stock is mounted on the High Wall, but I gave up on my lightweight low wall because the combination of a heavier trigger, and a flyweight barrel kept me from shooting it well. I just sold it and replaced it with a full stock Sako Bavarian Carbine in 6.5x55.

As to hunting pictures, as long as the firearm isn't pointed at someone, I could care less if the action is open or not.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:28 PM

Good to know on the trigger. Re-barrel huh? So I COULD get one in 8x57...hmm...
Elkhunter, that gun in 6.5x55 would be a beauty! And I agree on the barrel direction. It makes me queasy when I see a barrel pointed at someone whether at wholesale sports or in a hunting mag