Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I really hate when my daughter forgets to even have the rifle in the picture because she is too busy getting her scarf just right for the fashion shoot with her and her first buck....but, after a 268 yard shot, I guess she can pose any damn way she wants too. The rifle was beside me, and the bolt was closed on an empty chamber so crap didn't end up inside it. And damn, his tongue was hanging out just a bit.

Oh well, I guess we will have to read the Manual For Proper Photos with Game for next season. Jesus wept.

Beautiful picture with a likewise beautiful young lady with a wicked designer scarf around her neck. In spite of the camo clothing, she didn't forget that wee bit touch of fashion. Awesome.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:32 PM

You know I could really careless if the tongue is hanging out, if it's covered in blood, if the bolts open or closed. To each their own cause it really doesn't matter. The only pics that bug me are when guys show there game hanging skinned and the meat is covered in hair. Oh well I guess some people like extra fiber.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:37 PM

Default Oh boy........

Are we as a species getting bored? A thread about pic posting? Post whatever in the FAHWQ you want to. If someone got harmed in the photo process it prob wouldn't be posted. Just sayin.
As long as its a hunting pic, please post it.

Tongs and sphincters hanging out if need be, put a grenade next to the head of that mess of a coyote head pic back a ways. Its hunting, its all about the pride of that moment. Super weird to nit pick. I think.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Banned

The only picture that I've ever commented on was one that some DBag moderator on CGN posted about him and his buddies. The deer were hung up by the neck, the guys in the picture each had a cheap brand of beer in their hand and 2/3 of them looked liked they were hammered to the gills. My personal requirements are that one should at least be respectful of the animal harvested. I couldn't careless where the barrel is pointed nor if the action is opened or closed. Just give the harvested animal whom's life you have taken due respect.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Just give the harvested animal whom's life you have taken due respect.
Which is what it should really be all about
Old 07-29-2015, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I really hate when my daughter forgets to even have the rifle in the picture because she is too busy getting her scarf just right for the fashion shoot with her and her first buck....but, after a 268 yard shot, I guess she can pose any damn way she wants too. The rifle was beside me, and the bolt was closed on an empty chamber so crap didn't end up inside it. And damn, his tongue was hanging out just a bit.

Oh well, I guess we will have to read the Manual For Proper Photos with Game for next season. Jesus wept.

What a beautiful picture! Congratulations TC!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
holy crap this went sideways. i don't know how this thread would prevent anyone from posting a pic or two. But the responses will definitely prevent this fella from posting anything more. way to go boys, you just ran off another one.

I would like to ask one of the mods to close this thread please.
Really what did you expect!!!! I love seeing pics caught in the moment

food for thought :

6+3=9
But so does 5+4
The way you do things
Isn’t always the only way to do them

Respect other people’s way of thinking
Old 07-29-2015, 05:53 PM

My biggest pet peeve is I can 't take a picture worth crap, never could !
Cat
Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I truly enjoy reading stories of animals taken and also love to see the pics that go along with them. The one thing I see time and time again is a picture of a happy hunter, maybe his friend or guide sharing the same excitement of an animal taken. But the one thing that p:ss:s me off more is the rifle that was used in the hunt is sitting there with the bolt closed. More often than not it is pointed right at one of the guys head in the picture. Please for the love of significant other, unload the gun properly and keep that DARN bolt open for everyone to see that it is unloaded. I don't give a rats :ss how careful you say are, if that bolt is closed on those rifles, you cannot 100% guarantee me that it is not live. Also while you are at it, rub a little snow on its nose to clean up the blood a bit and please shove that dangling tongue back in its mouth or cut it off, put it in your jacket pocket and forget for a month or so that it's in there. Also try to smile, they're free.
Awwwwww, Calvin is upset at how OTHERS position their rifles, choose what state their rifles are in and is upset by blood. Get real fella, nothing worse than hunters criticizing each other. I couldn't care less what your opinion is and also don't care how concerned a closed bolt on SOMEONES ELSES RIFLES IN A PHOTO!!!! MAKES YOU FEEL! None of your business. No one has to guarantee you anything in a photo that they obviously survived taking by virtue of safely making it home from the woods and uploading it for you to see/criticize!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
holy crap this went sideways. i don't know how this thread would prevent anyone from posting a pic or two. But the responses will definitely prevent this fella from posting anything more. way to go boys, you just ran off another one.

I would like to ask one of the mods to close this thread please.
You should have thought about that before you ran your mouth off criticizing others for how they take their photos. You do what you want to do and let everyone else be.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
My biggest pet peeve is I can 't take a picture worth crap, never could !
Cat
If I could ever be displeasured about one of my pics taken Cat, it would be because the photographer had cut off my forehead or missed half of my legs. I can't afford to give away any body length.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:12 PM

little blood, a "smirk" and an open bolt.
man i'm getting good at this.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnbears View Post
i tried to wash off the blood but too no avail.
bolts open though

my picture pet-peeve is them damn sideways cell phone pics.

where did you hit him?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:50 PM

you also have the bolt open good boy.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:08 PM

I'm with Calvin, the guys are way too cavalier with their gun handling and tongue hanging.

Personally, (just to make sure I remember to handle both gun and tongue properly), I actually remove the bolt and use it to wedge the deer's tongue down its throat. If you just turn the handle upward you can wedge between upper a lower jaw. If you then rotate the deer's head to face directly at the camera, with just the right angle it looks like the deer caught the bullet between the teeth.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:26 PM

I mostly hunt the Rockies and its been proven that bears are attracted to sound shots, similar to that of ringing a dinner bell, with that being said I'm not going to be caught with an open bolt or unloaded rifle, especially when I'm field dressing an animal. Even if my tag is filled, my rifle gets unloaded when I'm back at the truck. I usually hunt solo so holding a gun to my head just doesn't happen, and since I last checked, my head is still attached after all these years, so what ever floats your boat.
Your limitations and mine are totally different. Good day.

Bobby
Old 07-29-2015, 11:03 PM

My god man...never go into a place that sells a gun again. I have yet to see them in the rack with the bolt open. You will be scared for life.

As for the blood, toungs, weapons, dead animals,wild scenery or sunsets or whatever your complaint is,this is a HUNTING forum. I would think you knew what you were getting your self into.

Imop...if you harvest it take any kind of pic you want. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not my place to judge.

L.S
Old 07-29-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
I mostly hunt the Rockies and its been proven that bears are attracted to sound shots, similar to that of ringing a dinner bell, with that being said I'm not going to be caught with an open bolt or unloaded rifle, especially when I'm field dressing an animal. Even if my tag is filled, my rifle gets unloaded when I'm back at the truck. I usually hunt solo so holding a gun to my head just doesn't happen, and since I last checked, my head is still attached after all these years, so what ever floats your boat.
Your limitations and mine are totally different. Good day.

Bobby

It's true, been there and done that...

.....so ummmm how do I open the bolt on this gun?

.....you won't like me when I'm angry...
.....heck you probably won't like me even when I'm not
Old 07-30-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
It's true, been there and done that...

.....so ummmm how do I open the bolt on this gun?

Is that a real gun?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-30-2015, 07:56 AM

My bolt is always closed in the field don't want dirt in the action but rarely if ever have it in my pics, I try to keep the tong in but there are no guarantees. Blood I don't usually worry to much about unless it is it a white animal then I try and at least attempt to clean it a bit or try and hide it so the cape is not one big bloody mess. I usually have some wet wipes in my pack an those work well to clean off the face if nothing else.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:31 AM

A rifle without any shells in it is just a club. If people have a problem with hunting pictures, dont look at them. If it really bothers you, I'm sure there are other forums you can bash hunters on. Please tell us you haven't reproduced and have carried on your bloodline.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 PM

Default Harsh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
A rifle without any shells in it is just a club. If people have a problem with hunting pictures, dont look at them. If it really bothers you, I'm sure there are other forums you can bash hunters on. Please tell us you haven't reproduced and have carried on your bloodline.
Harsh.......but funny. I think its okay to reproduce as long as his offspring listens to the rest of us HUNTING lovers on AO.

Bahahahaha.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:25 PM

here are a couple...personally I don't like the rifle or bow in the pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nat's Elk 2014.jpg (27.5 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 2014 Mule Deer-2.jpg (89.7 KB, 103 views)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Is that a real gun?

As real as it gets....

.....you won't like me when I'm angry...
.....heck you probably won't like me even when I'm not
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Haha funny
I agree with this completely.
I dont even care if you show gutting or skinning photos.
Any hunting photo is a good photo.
Show em all without censorship.

Our society is becoming sickenly too soft hearted grrrr
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
Haha funny
I agree with this completely.
I dont even care if you show gutting or skinning photos.
Any hunting photo is a good photo.
Show em all without censorship.

Our society is becoming sickenly too soft hearted grrrr

Gutting and skinning photos are awesome. It shows that hunters really do more with the animal than just kill it.

From the root to the fruit, show it all.

The only concern I have is with gun handling. I was taught to NEVER point a firearm at a person, except for in self defence. I am pretty sure that hunter education teaches us the same thing. NEVER point a firearm at a person, even if you "know" it is unloaded, and even when the bolt is open. I feel that hunting pictures that do or give the impression of a firearm pointed at a person should not be promoted as being acceptable, unless to give a lesson for what Not to do.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
6tmile; i got nothing for you but disgust.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 PM

Default Are you from Russia?

Quote:
6tmile; i got nothing for you but disgust.
Crimea River.......
Seriously Calvin, I don't know you, but you have pet peeves about hunting pics? Hide blood, point gun here & there. How about zip it, go back to bird watching. I try not to get negative but you are killing us. Please post some of your beaver clever hunting pics.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 PM

in this thread i may have been misinterpreted as not liking the hunting pics that are shown. I cannot disagree with that anymore, I love seeing and reading about peoples successes and sometimes failures. I must have hit a nerve by calling this a pet peeve and a large majority of you feel it is an attack. believe me it was not an attack. very few of you caught on that i was going after a bit of a safety issue that i feel quite strong about. In my hunting circle that i keep, i have an open bolt policy. i was a recipient of an 'unloaded gun incident' and therefore have strong feelings about this subject. as this post progressed it got more demeaning, i called for an end to it earlier as i could tell this wasn't going to go anywhere with some serious debate or good comments. I was correct with that other than Dale who has a good talent for putting thought into words. i will continue to read posts and look at pics but believe me, i will not be saying anything about that again. a lot of you will say good riddance and all that, i understand. go about your faceless bashing and life will be good. that is all. Keep your stick on the ice..Calvin..
Old 07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
in this thread i may have been misinterpreted as not liking the hunting pics that are shown. I cannot disagree with that anymore, I love seeing and reading about peoples successes and sometimes failures. I must have hit a nerve by calling this a pet peeve and a large majority of you feel it is an attack. believe me it was not an attack. very few of you caught on that i was going after a bit of a safety issue that i feel quite strong about. In my hunting circle that i keep, i have an open bolt policy. i was a recipient of an 'unloaded gun incident' and therefore have strong feelings about this subject. as this post progressed it got more demeaning, i called for an end to it earlier as i could tell this wasn't going to go anywhere with some serious debate or good comments. I was correct with that other than Dale who has a good talent for putting thought into words. i will continue to read posts and look at pics but believe me, i will not be saying anything about that again. a lot of you will say good riddance and all that, i understand. go about your faceless bashing and life will be good. that is all. Keep your stick on the ice..Calvin..
If someone I hunted with started to critique me on what I do or don't do I wouldn't be hunting with them again! As long as I know the state of my weapon, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter a tinkers damn.