Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Sponsors > Sponsor Forums > Serengeti Fishing Charters

Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 PM
AO Sponsor

Default End of Year Report

Hello everyone,

What a season 2013 was. One for the ages. Chinook (King) fishing was the best we have ever seen. For almost all of June and July, limits by 930-10am. Some real good size too. Halibut was the best we have ever seen as well, with 20 over 100lbs being caught including a 220lb halibut guided by Lane and a 260lb halibut guided by Dave Jr. This upcoming season halibut fishing should be even better, and we will be ensuring that guests, if they like, will be able to keep halibut any size. Bottom fishing, as always, remained very strong. Limits of Yelloweye (Snapper) and Lingcod were always caught in a few short hours, our spots are spots that we alone go to, no one else even knows about them, especially for halibut and bottom fish.

Some memories of the year definitely include over 700lbs of fish per boat, 260lb halibut that took us 2 1/2 hours to land, on one of the last days of the season "Mantracker" catching a gorgeous 48lb Chinook, and a great trip with Gary Winterton mid June that produced 3 great episodes of Hooked On Utah. If any of you have not seen the episodes but would like to, please let me know and I'll send you the link! Phenomenal fishing to say the least. Gary will be back Aug 5-7 this year and there are two other boats available for these dates, so if you'd like to be up with Gary while he films, let me know asap as these are prime dates and shouldn't last long!

We have only a couple dates left in August, and even less in July. Mid June there is some space, and as the past few years have shown, this is some of the best fishing all year for Chinook (Kings) and definitely my favourite time to fish, as most fish with the least amount of boats.

Here is a link to my photobucket album from the season, hope you enjoy! Will post pictures below as well tomorrow

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/can...?sort=3&page=1

If you have ANY questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask, looking forward to the 2014 season already!

Tight Lines,

David Summers III
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com
1-888-281-2275
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast