Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I'm opposed to working longer before retirement but I'm all for a national childcare program. As it stands for my family to have another child and put him or her in day care we would be looking at a bill just shy of $2000 a month. Sure there are cheaper rates such as day homes but one never knows what exactly goes on. Day cares have regulated standards.
Hell no! How about a real tax break for families that have a stay at home parent? Best for the kids and best for everyone else.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Hell no! How about a real tax break for families that have a stay at home parent? Best for the kids and best for everyone else.
That would encourage a healthy family atmosphere, which we know is not the goal anymore in Western society. The traditional family must disappear.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 AM

Default RRSP Tax

Just a little tidbit! Just going through this with a passing of a family member!
If you and your spouse were in a car wreck, and both killed. The government
takes 48% right off the top of your RRSP's!
No Questions asked. Then the rest is split in the estate.
I will be getting rid of my RRSP's Before anything else
Old 04-26-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
Just a little tidbit! Just going through this with a passing of a family member!
Ultra rare that both spouses die at same time but yes, if the rrsp amount puts you over $200,000 income in year you die big tax bill ensues. But, that's what life insurance is for if that's a an issue.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Just another concern with your TFSA and RRSp's etc Who do you give the money to, I trust bankers about as much as lawyers. Will the $$$ be their when you want to draw it out. I like to keep my retirement money in 2-3 banks so maybe some will be their when I try to cash it out.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Just another concern with your TFSA and RRSp's etc Who do you give the money to, I trust bankers about as much as lawyers. Will the $$$ be their when you want to draw it out. I like to keep my retirement money in 2-3 banks so maybe some will be their when I try to cash it out.

Ontario Health care workers fund (government) bailing out Housing Home Mortgage.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...althcare-worke

Watch where your $$ retirement money is invested. It might be gone.

And in case you are one of the 321,000 retirees who are nervous about your pension managers' actions, don't worry: The loan is secured by a pool of mortgages originated by Home Trust, and as everyone knows, in Canada home prices never go down.

How is this even possible? Conflict?
As Bloomberg reports, the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is the lender behind Home Capital Group’s C$2 billion loan ($1.5 billion) to shore up liquidity, citing people familiar with the matter.

HOOPP President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Keohane sits on Home Capital’s board and is a shareholder.

Last edited by lmtada; 04-27-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM

In the oil crunch most company's retired workers over 55 allowing the younger workers to keep their jobs. Losing your job 7-8 years before your planned retirement date can be a crushing blow, there are thousands of people in the same position with the same job skills looking for jobs. Years ago you could pull your retirement early supplementing your income with a part time job now all these jobs are filled by the new Canadians. Retiring at 67 sounds good if your job lasts that long.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:08 PM

Bailout, and conflict of Interest? Wonder if Ontario Health care workers know what Investors are utilizing there retirement funds for? From low risk to high risk, overnight.

https://shar.es/1F7M6P

Sent using ShareThis

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Ontario Health care workers fund (government) bailing out Housing Home Mortgage.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...althcare-worke

Watch where your $$ retirement money is invested. It might be gone.

And in case you are one of the 321,000 retirees who are nervous about your pension managers' actions, don't worry: The loan is secured by a pool of mortgages originated by Home Trust, and as everyone knows, in Canada home prices never go down.

How is this even possible? Conflict?
As Bloomberg reports, the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is the lender behind Home Capital Group’s C$2 billion loan ($1.5 billion) to shore up liquidity, citing people familiar with the matter.

HOOPP President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Keohane sits on Home Capital’s board and is a shareholder.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
Well its not quite like that as taxes are paid on a graded schedule but if someone earns over $300,000 in a year everything over $303,900 would be taxed at 48%.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Well its not quite like that as taxes are paid on a graded schedule but if someone earns over $300,000 in a year everything over $303,900 would be taxed at 48%.
Not to sure about that, Both financial adviser and lawyer said the same. They also said, no one ever tell them the facts about when this happens.
Even a fellow I knew, when his wife passed on and moved her RRSP's
over it cost him 35% of her RRSP's to the government.